How Many Words Do You Guys Average Per Chapter

dlamp

I try to go for around 1.2k-2.5k per chapter. When I put my nose to the grindstone that could take about 4 to 8-ish hours. If I'm messing around it takes... considerably longer.

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
4k to 5k in one, and an average of 7k or 8k on another that I'm not sure if I'm continuing or not. I will not read anything that has chapters shorter than 2k because to me, anything that short is not a real chapter. There is no way you can have a proper chapter set up with description, action, etc. and have it less than 2k. To me, 2k is too small for this either but it's the bare minimum I accept.

I can see the occasional chapter being less than 2k but if the story is majority chapters this length, I don't read it. I always ask this question beforehand if someone asks me to read something.

On average, I can write 3k words in about 6 hours if I really get into it. But normally, I do about 1.5-2k words a day and then I stop writing regardless of time spent.

Kuropon

I do 2k minimum in one story with close to 3k in another one, so 2-3k

deltanz

Vanguard Squad
i average around 2-3k most chapters unless its something big going on i don't want to split up and timing just depends honestly since i'm working on 3 stories right now, but i try to get a chapter up for one of them a week.

D

Deleted member 29316

I go from 500 words to 6k words depending on my mood. My average is 3k words.

TheHelpfulFawn

A small animal that helps you with your groceries
5k words average. It varies a lot. Some I complete in a few days. Others a week. Most recently... 4 months...

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
I write around 7k to 10k in a month with heavy editing and planning.

kola

1.7k words a chapter is shown in SH statistics. As for time, my English is poor so, I usually take around 5-10 hours to write it and 10-20 times rewrite before publishing it.

Sadly enough, even after this, it is full of grammar and other errors and but my readers are kind enough to point it out for post publish corrections. And sometimes even help me edit it.

My dream is to one day write a noble from start to end without or so little error that everyone can appreciate it.

ChronicleCrawler

♠ItCrawls♠
1.7k words a chapter is shown in SH statistics. As for time, my English is poor so, I usually take around 5-10 hours to write it and 10-20 times rewrite before publishing it.

Sadly enough, even after this, it is full of grammar and other errors and but my readers are kind enough to point it out for post publish corrections. And sometimes even help me edit it.

My dream is to one day write a noble from start to end without or so little error that everyone can appreciate it.
Don't worry buddy hang in there. Keep your hands on that E-thesaurus.

tigerine

I write to 3k and if it goes over that to get to a good stopping point, that's fine.

I can get to 3k in like 7 hours of distracted writing, but I tend to like letting my writing sit for a while before I go back and edit. Fresher eyes means fewer mistakes, especially since I have a large universe with stuff my beta readers might not catch.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
First ten chps were 2k, then all of a sudden I can burst through adversity with 3k of words in the rest of the chapters, fuck I feel burnt out.

YuriDoggo

Angery Doggo >ᴗ<
I started doing 3k-4k recently once I stopped limiting myself. It's tiring.