How much detail can there be in graphic scenes, before it becomes too much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
but the mummy movies wasn't horror though?
Those scarabs.
QwQ

*shudders*
I still can't watch, or listen, to the scene where that guy gets a scarab inside him and his brain is eaten, which kills him.
@w@

X

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
. . .
*refuses to ask how*
'-'

...x...

same sentiment here
^^;;;;;

...it was for school

My imagination runs wild and I think I end up imagining myself as the victims in them...
>w<

*remembers weeks of nightmares, being chased a sandy corridor by the Mummy*
X
>.< I’m like alve... I can’t do horror at all hahaha

How do you even imagine yourself as a victim of a horror movie? *shivers*

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
My imagination runs wild and I think I end up imagining myself as the victims in them...
>w<

*remembers weeks of nightmares, being chased a sandy corridor by the Mummy*
X
Exactly what happens with me. Hence I don't watch or do anything that is horror related.

Raneday

tђє ฬคภ๔єгเภﻮ ฬเtςђ
Those scarabs.
QwQ

*shudders*
I still can't watch, or listen, to the scene where that guy gets a scarab inside him and his brain is eaten, which kills him.
@w@

X
really they're not that scary at all yanno

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
really they're not that scary at all yanno
Depends on the person. For me I would stop procrastinating to get out of doing anything horror related. There was a time where I volunteered to wait outside to skip horror story telling.

Stormie

[Kite-Flying On A Boat ⛵]
Thinking on it, I almost couldn't watch the scene in Overlord where those workers get eaten alive by those cockroaches...
X
*pat pat*
It's really not that bad. Just makes you a bit squimish if your tolerance level is low.

Nahrenne

Okay, no more hijacking of this thread!
It's supposed to be for my question about graphic scenes!
X

Raneday

tђє ฬคภ๔єгเภﻮ ฬเtςђ
X
well you could just write whatever you like, and just adjust the rating for it. Either it's a r-15 or r18 novel yanno

Stormie

X
Nuuuu, I'm still farming a few messages....

As for the graphic part, my tolerance level is high. I watch Saw with making much fuss. As for the examples you've given. I think example #1 has a similar case in Dungeon Defence (not sure cuz I dropped that). Example #2 tolerable level would be just getting across the fact that the victim will get traumatize for the act. The deed itself need not to be so detail. Lastly, for example #3, you could go all gore on it. Violence and death is more acceptable in literature than traumatizing sexual/deviant acts. It would be preferable if you describe the scene more vividly than the characters' thoughts. On that note though, a psychopath's thought process can be pretty interesting as well.

Nahrenne

well you could just write whatever you like, and just adjust the rating for it. Either it's a r-15 or r18 novel yanno
I was aiming for +18, due to some of the scenes in it.
X

Nahrenne

Nuuuu, I'm still farming a few messages....

As for the graphic part, my tolerance level is high. I watch Saw with making much fuss. As for the examples you've given. I think example #1 has a similar case in Dungeon Defence (not sure cuz I dropped that). Example #2 tolerable level would be just getting across the fact that the victim will get traumatize for the act. The deed itself need not to be so detail. Lastly, for example #3, you could go all gore on it. Violence and death is more acceptable in literature than traumatizing sexual/deviant acts. It would be preferable if you describe the scene more vividly than the characters' thoughts. On that note though, a psychopath's thought process can be pretty interesting as well.
Thanks for the feedback~!
And yes, the act will be traumatising for the character it happens to, but it will help them grow as a person.
X

Stormie

Thanks for the feedback~!
And yes, the act will be traumatising for the character it happens to, but it will help them grow as a person.
X
Now, I wanna see it, too. The thing you've written. My curiosity is piqued.

Status
Not open for further replies.