How much is anime novel worth? 255 readers.

Vicky

Very interesting indeed,

2,647 words = 255 readers. [3 chapters]
About 1 reader per every 11 words.
*This ratio would likely be smaller if I only counted chapter 1 gains. But I lack that information.

1345 words = 109 readers. [1 chapter]
About 1 reader per every 13 words.

473 words = 159 readers. [1 chapter]
About 1 reader per every 3 words.

Waifu dominance, let's go!

Reisinling

Very interesting indeed,

*This ratio would likely be smaller if I only counted chapter 1 gains. But I lack that information.

I feel betrayed, bamboozled, and copied. I demand a like on one of my chapters for this shameless copying!

KiraMinoru

Untitled Generic Member
Very interesting indeed,

It’s not just anime though. A big contributory factor to the reader count is the large number of hot genres they have, Girls Love, Gender Bender, Smut, Harem, Isekai, Action, Adventure, Ecchi. In combination with the author’s previous works which can be used as a means to carry over readers, gaining a good sum of readers off the first few chapters isn’t that surprising. From that initial boost, they can quickly rank high on trending due to the large growth factor and it’s just a positive feedback loop by that point.

Did a small experiment and just the addition of the harem/smut genres alone can make you go from 1 reader per chapter to 6-9 per chapter. The power of hot genres are pretty broken.

If you write with all the hot tags in mind as well then your climb to the top is easy mode.

InfantryTerminator

It’s not just anime though. A big contributory factor to the reader count is the large number of hot genres they have, Girls Love, Gender Bender, Smut, Harem, Isekai, Action, Adventure, Ecchi. In combination with the author’s previous works which can be used as a means to carry over readers, gaining a good sum of readers off the first few chapters isn’t that surprising. From that initial boost, they can quickly rank high on trending due to the large growth factor and it’s just a positive feedback loop by that point.

Did a small experiment and just the addition of the harem/smut genres alone can make you go from 1 reader per chapter to 6-9 per chapter. The power of hot genres are pretty broken.

If you write with all the hot tags in mind as well then your climb to the top is easy mode.
So I just need to write a story where a guy gets trucked into another world filled with cloth melting slimes, and make every third member of harem a bisexual lesbian?

KiraMinoru

Untitled Generic Member
So I just need to write a story where a guy gets trucked into another world filled with cloth melting slimes, and make every third member of harem a bisexual lesbian?
Basically. Protagonist should also be a guy who becomes a girl anytime he sneezes so you can hit the widest audience possible.
people here like lolis a lot
True, I forgot about that as well.

Echimera

That qualifies as GL subplot at best, especially if the MC is male.
GL as tag or genre is for exclusive GL relationships, which one fits better depends on how much of the story is focused on the romance (and potentially smut).

Also, bisexual lesbian isn't a thing, just bisexual. People don't change their orientation based on their current partner.

Basically. Protagonist should also be a guy who becomes a girl anytime he sneezes so you can hit the widest audience possible.
I'm not sure, tbh. I can't speak for all GL fans on the site, but while I do like me my GB, the constant switching like in Ranma 1/2 never appealed to me over a long story.

SakeVision

Sama/kisama
on the other hand, tbh, after reading that 3rd novel synopsis id check chapter 1 out of morbid curiosity, too~

In fact, I just did~

KiraMinoru

Untitled Generic Member
Also, bisexual lesbian isn't a thing, just bisexual. People don't change their orientation based on their current partner
Tell that to the woke kids on TikTok please. This world has long lost common sense.
on the other hand, tbh, after reading that 3rd novel synopsis id check chapter 1 out of morbid curiosity, too~

In fact, I just did~
Personally, the synopsis did nothing for me. He did dirty things to a goat? After you’ve committed dirty unspeakable atrocities to the universe and every form of life in existence through writing... a goat is like meh.

SakeVision

Sama/kisama
Personally, the synopsis did nothing for me. He did dirty things to a goat? After you’ve committed dirty unspeakable atrocities to the universe and every form of life in existence through writing... a goat is like meh.
Pff but consider the following

when you do the goat
the goat does you

and you are goated

InfantryTerminator

That qualifies as GL subplot at best, especially if the MC is male.
GL as tag or genre is for exclusive GL relationships, which one fits better depends on how much of the story is focused on the romance (and potentially smut).

Also, bisexual lesbian isn't a thing, just bisexual. People don't change their orientation based on their current partner.

I'm not sure, tbh. I can't speak for all GL fans on the site, but while I do like me my GB, the constant switching like in Ranma 1/2 never appealed to me over a long story.
Surprise madafaka! The girls were freed by MC from influence of futa demons that caused them to develop separate personalities!
It's all about a context of the sentence and what you wanted to communicate. It was a joke, but it could be also read as "mostly into women, but doesn't mind men too".
I have a friend that is straight at first glance, but he's actually gay sometimes and straight afterwards. Hetero-bisexual is a good word to describe him

ForestDweller

737972 words / 1778 readers = One reader per 415 words.

Well, that's lame. Clearly my harem isekai isn't harem isekai enough.