How Much is Too Much?

Queenfisher

Bird?
Hm. Personally, I've never read anything that was too dark, to the point where I had to set to drop it. Then again, I don't really go looking for that stuff, so the darkest things I read aren't typically emotionally heartbreaking, and just straight up gore. But again, haven't dipped much in the genre so I'm not going to act like dove into the depths of the ocean and came out with a souvenir.

:blob_blank:

*Vietnam flashbacks to that thread*

*you know which one*

About that traumatizing little story you shared with all the coprophilia, necrophilia, rape, suicide, forced urination, cannibalism, satanic cults, pedophilia, gore, bestiality, being mutilated, and dismembered and devoured by pigs and all that ^^.

Hm. Personally, I've never read anything that was too dark

I've never read anything that was too dark

:blob_hmm:

I am now a bit afraid of what you would consider "too dark", Maple :blob_blank:

Ral

I don't actually mind reading dark stories. It never really gets too dark for me.

However, they can get really boring. This is my issue with these edgy stories. They easily gets super monotone and tiresome, especially as the writers tend to stretch these edgy stuff. They can last for several chapters.

There are also mood whiplash where the tone is just uncontrolled and changes on a whim. In that situation I don't dislike the story for being dark but for its unsatisfying execution.

Last edited:

Freesia.Cutepearl

Nonsensically Weird while Weirdly Nonsensical
Too much may indeed be too much,

but conversely, is enough really enough?

Schwab

Yeah that game was shit. If Abby was a woman, then I'm a giant 6 ton antelope with 34 eyes, 8 tongues and 45 eyes with 22 dicks and 54 toes but with only one leg and half an arm which I use to wield a golf club and ruin a toddlers day at the playground by attacking slides and spewing curses at infants.
Some women are just big...Although, to be honest, that picture does make her look like a man.

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
Some women are just big...Although, to be honest, that picture does make her look like a man.
There was nothing womanly about her. It was a man's body with a woman's face. I refer to her as Adam usually