how much one should charge for making covers

proxybaba

I use Procreate and Canva and some pro editing apps to make covers. so I was curious how much one cover typically gets commissioned with $
this is one example, made with great effort and time.

Einergaenger

If it's just a simple logo and layout, then 5-10$ might be a fair price. Complex/custom logos will be pricier, by how much? Don't know.

For covers that are drawn from scratch, they can cost 40-70 depending on who you ask.

Zinless

How do I
If it's just a simple logo and layout, then 5-10$ might be a fair price. Complex/custom logos will be pricier, by how much? Don't know.

For covers that are drawn from scratch, they can cost 40-70 depending on who you ask.
I commissioned my cover art for around 20, with a free custom title logo to boot!
export202304021429375400.png

(Note: The artist's pricing has since been changed.)

Last edited:

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
It can range depending on the artist and their skill. Simple covers can be as cheap as $20 while the top of the line covers can be as much as $600.

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
Depends on complexity, marketing and skill.

Complexity is determined by how much time you would take.

Marketing is how well known and in demand you are.

Skill is well, how good you actually are at the style you do.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
It depends on who is buying. I wouldn't go over $50 for fanfic authors or authors who don't intend to make money on their work. If you're doing a cover for a small press, you can go up to $200.

D

Deleted member 54065

"I charge 30 USD for covers, so the client pays me 20 USD via Paypal. When I receive the 10 USD payment, I transfer it to my bank account. So when I check it, a whopping 0 USD was added, because I told my client it's free."

-Hans Trondheim, c. 1700

Seriously, I charge 30 USD. 😁 Though most of the covers I made for others ended up free, like this one, for example:

Commission_Interregnum_100_px.jpg

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
I use Procreate and Canva and some pro editing apps to make covers. so I was curious how much one cover typically gets commissioned with $
Depends on the quality and how stupid people can get to be scammed by a pleb

APieceOfRock

Yuri Lover, endeed!
This one? I'd say $20 at most, and it's being generous. You may have spent a lot of time on it, but it doesn't look good (by SH's standards.) Anime girls for the win...

J_Chemist

I got some pocket lint and a dream. What's that get me?

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
depends on the art
price for a stock should be around free-$10 (or higher depending on demand)
artwork could range from lower two digit to three or even four digits

simple typeset is free-$10 (unless you buy special fonts or create one yourself)

RainingSky

Coffee lover (addict)
Mhh, I am probably a bit higher priced for a cover. Made by scratch including as many changes as desired (well until you make me go wonkies by 30+ changes and yes that happened before) while it's still a sketch I start at around 50€.

The rest depending on complexity and effort put into it. At some point you simply say this much and no less simply because if you get into detail the amound of work isn't worth the money.

That below would be how I draw most of the time if it's not manga/anime.
IMG_20230505_181051_781.jpg

IMG_20230428_220428.jpg

Last edited: