How old are you all.

How old are you?

• Total voters

ConcubusBunny

Chaotic lewd enby bunny. They/them
As someone who looks much younger than I'm supposed to... I don't know, time has been lost on me for eons now

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
This is a question not to ask a lady. :blob_aww: As my aunty says we are ageless!
as my cousins would call you guys, antique

From a both legal and moral perspective I am quite concerned about the repeated mention of a dead partner
like her breast milk and baby and motherhood and husbands, it's something you get used to

Old enough to remember the days when people exercised enough common sense to stay anonymous online in regards to personally identifying information. (such as age.)
i point this towards the increasing integration of the internet with society. at this point, it's almost impossible to function without some sort of a connection to the web and at this point, so many companies operate using the net that some people consider sending their personal information online to be convenient than a danger.

my parents used to tell me about fake "free phone" ads but now i have to warn them against facebook news.

Jemini

i point this towards the increasing integration of the internet with society. at this point, it's almost impossible to function without some sort of a connection to the web and at this point, so many companies operate using the net that some people consider sending their personal information online to be convenient than a danger.

my parents used to tell me about fake "free phone" ads but now i have to warn them against facebook news.

The problem, I would say, is 95% attributable to Facebook. They are the company that actually had a policy against using online handles and demanded you use real names. They primed people toward using real names.

The dangers of revealing your real name, though, are actually not the ones any of us feared back in the infancy of the internet. The real dangers are an increase in teen suicides due to online bullying, and on rare occasions there are crazies trying to socially smear adults and make them loose their jobs.

So, less about sickos hunting you down and coming to your house IRL, and more bullies mobbing you online and creating IRL problems as a result.

The danger may not be what any of us thought back then. But, in the context of what we know the real danger today to be, I would have to say the real danger is actually far worse than anything we ever thought back then. I mean, if it was just 1 sicko then at least we could call the police on them. When you're facing a rabid internet mob, there's nothing you can even do to fight back and the damage they can do is absolute and irrevocable.

So, yeah. Having seen this grand experiment through until now, I would say there's even more reason why you should never reveal personally identifying information online.

ConcubusBunny

Chaotic lewd enby bunny. They/them
15, but I like to round up to 16, which is close enough to 20. So technically, I’m 30 like all of you. Now pass me the booze
a912ef9defb452c15923e560fea63d03.jpg

Listen young lady I'm busy and don't give a shit, ya wanna drink grab whatever ya want. It's your kidneys after all

LadyIsak

Old enough that my birth certificate was issued in the Soviet Union, young enough to have gone to kindergarten in the Russian Federation.

(I’m 31)

SpiraSpira

I got into watching anime by sending blank VHS tapes and $5 to strange men's addresses and then a couple of weeks later I would get subtitled Neon Genesis Evangelion or what have you.