Writing How to Avoid Hiatus or Dropping

MasterHiatus

I am back
Hey folks, your neighborhood MasterHiatus here. It's so ironic seeing a boy named MasterHiatus teaching how not to press the drop or hiatus button. No worries, I am here, and I have a lot of experiences in hiatus and dropping.

Here's some tips you can either ignore or use.

-I recommend not mass releasing after reaching 50+ chapters. That is where it all goes wrong.
-Time is sometimes the problem. Try to schedule.
-I am listening some podcasts and also based on my experience, find your comfort place or do your hobby, this actually helps you to think.
-Pause, stop for a while. Been posting one chapter a day and your brain is tired? Stop, no one cares if you stop and rest for a day or two. Just don't take a rest for months, that will lead to Hiatus.
-Research stuff. Research was a foreign word for me back then but trust me, to avoid running out of ideas, research.
-Hiatus and Dropping is not caused by lack of ideas alone. Time and motivation are the other factors. It's important to know that to avoid that. It is said that "to fight your enemy, you must know your enemy."

Okay, I am done. I am out. Peace! Feel free to ask me stuff

Ral

Sometimes, it also looks like the authors just have no idea how to end their story as they write themselves into a corner. Maybe, plan your story first?

Sometimes it is also because there is no story in the first place. You know those stories. Ones that just goes round and round going nowhere. Writers just seem to lost interest. Pretty much seems to be because the writers writes with just a concept (or concepts) in mind and no actual story. A concept is a starting point and not a story in of itself.

There are also those that just write for fun. I know that many people advice to just have fun but there would be times when what we do stops being fun. At that point, most find it is easier to just stop than persevere but to persevere is what you need.

Thanks for the advice!
But in my case, I'm on hiatus because I recently accepted a job that pays usd 150++ to translate some earticles. (I'm a freelance translator btw)
So, I better go on hiatus for a moment:blobrofl:

Maple-Leaf

•Deceased
Take things at your pace so that you wouldn't burn out. Most readers would understand you as long as you tell them the reason why, or they are used to your release schedules. 😉
It's less burn out and more laziness. I wanted to finish at least one chapter a week but I got lazy on sunday and missed the week deadline...I'm working on it though!

D

Deleted member 29316

It's less burn out and more laziness. I wanted to finish at least one chapter a week but I got lazy on sunday and missed the week deadline...I'm working on it though!
Nah. You're pretty good. Sundays are rest days. 😉

MasterHiatus

I am back
Never! I will work on it eventually :blob_hmph:. I'm just to busy watching anime

Also, I just started writing, it'd be a little strange if I already started going on hiatus...
Me, who hiatus end my work after 3 chapters: Sure, whatever you say, champ