Writing How to Create Life-like emotions.

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
I think the best way to do this would be to use the suitable & strong vocabulary. And describe/explain the character's emotions more. And as someone above me said, "show don't tell". I don't think telling is an issue, but you should combine it will "showing". I assume this means through the characters actions, as in have the characters action be a reflection of their state of mind. But it's also important to ""tell" so as to make it clear to readers & so they don't misunderstand the characters.

I'm only a beginner though, I haven't looked too much into this yet. Just adding my two cents here LOL
in a way, we all are beginners, since there have been our ancestors before us...

D

Deleted member 45782

Do what @Agentt and @CadmarLegend does best. Stalk people.

Jk aside, think of the character and what traits you want them to possess. And why they come to have those traits (be it their physical appearance, their personality, their values, etc.) You can also look around and observe people how they react to things whenever a situation happens.

CadmarLegend

Jk aside, think of the character and what traits you want them to possess. And why they come to have those traits (be it their physical appearance, their personality, their values, etc.) You can also look around and observe people how they react to things whenever a situation happens.
To do that, you'd need to write out a plan, so I guess I'll do that and then this...

Agentt

Thighs
That's actually a very good advice. It may seem like a general good person may not have any personality, but even on SH, you can see a lot.
People who stick to their character
People who say sorry after asking question
People who make everything a sex joke
People who make every situation, "Life is not easy, you must struggle."
People who can give appropriate defence when put in a tight spot
People who make your mama jokes when put in a tight spot
People who just go silent and pretend not to exist.
All these people, let them be same. There personality does not define their opinions.
People who end their sentences with jk to not start a war.

CadmarLegend

That's actually a very good advice. It may seem like a general good person may not have any personality, but even on SH, you can see a lot.
People who make your mama jokes when put in a tight spot
People who just go silent and pretend not to exist.
All these people, let them be same. There personality does not define their opinions.
People who end their sentences with jk to not start a war.
people who write long sentences that i don't bother to read completely.

D

Deleted member 45782

in my defense you have a very interesting nickname.. XD
To do that, you'd need to write out a plan, so I guess I'll do that and then this...
Sometimes that is part of the story. You can improvise as you go along but unless you're really good at it, there's a likely chance you'll end up hitting a brick wall somewhere...so just a general suggestion is to roughly get the character in mind that you're trying to write and go from there.

Like a character supposed to land on the moon to save all the moon rabbits from a gooey slime monster ball of an alien? Why? Why they do it? What's in it for them? Their reasons may either hide away their true part of their character id they're trying do something shady under a guise for a mission that's more moral and noble. Or it just reveals' part of their career (is it their job) or their personality truly (I go to save the moon rabbits just because they are fluffy and pink and cute and I love pink and I think they're cute).

Sylverius

Old name: Sylphias
I've been having a hard time about this, and so far, this is my conclusion: Let your character be "you".
In my story, what I did is turn my character into an imitation of me, with a bit of some exaggerations. Another thing I did was turn them into humans. Don't turn them into some edgelord Kirito-wannabe with their username XxX-Kirito-XxX or some shitpost like that, but give them something to fear or a weak spot. I won't tell you my character's weakness due to spoilers just for references sake, which is why I mentioned to let your character be an imitation of you yourself. Doing so, it'll be easier to make them realistic. What's their fear? Give them YOUR fear. Their weakness? Give them YOUR weakness. You can make them a bit more exaggerated or something, but hey, this is just my opinion.

CadmarLegend

I've been having a hard time about this, and so far, this is my conclusion: Let your character be "you".
In my story, what I did is turn my character into an imitation of me, with a bit of some exaggerations. Another thing I did was turn them into humans. Don't turn them into some edgelord Kirito-wannabe with their username XxX-Kirito-XxX or some shitpost like that, but give them something to fear or a weak spot. I won't tell you my character's weakness due to spoilers just for references sake, which is why I mentioned to let your character be an imitation of you yourself. Doing so, it'll be easier to make them realistic. What's their fear? Give them YOUR fear. Their weakness? Give them YOUR weakness. You can make them a bit more exaggerated or something, but hey, this is just my opinion.
What if I am Superman... but without kryptonite?

Sylverius

Old name: Sylphias
What if I am Superman... but without kryptonite?
Well, if you have no weakness, then that'd be a shit MC. Some people who watch superhero movies, like me and my family, don't go for the plot, but rather its fight scenes. But this type of logic doesn't apply to novels, unless the readers themselves have brain power, enough to imagine the world itself with perfect detailing. In novels, plot is key. Well, it depends on the readers themselves really, like one of my friends, they read novels for the interactions. But we're straying from the needed topic. My conclusion in your statement? That character's pretty darn impossible. There's no such being without a weakness. If you want them to be OP but still retain the fact that they have a weakness, give them like a "cap". In case you don't know, a cap is a limit on something. It could be their growth, their mental age such as being stuck on being immature or they're insensitive to emotions, etc. Weakness is something you're weak to, and it doesn't have to be a physical weakness, it could be a mental one. For my character, as I've said, I made them into "me". The thing I've exaggerated is my own weakness, the fact that I'm very emotional. You can pick a weakness of your own, but it's very rare for a novel with a sh*t plot to actually be famous. The only ones I've seen that are famous with sh*t plot are power fantasies. I can guess you know that already. Sorry for the late ass reply because I was very busy at the time.