Writing Prompt How to fight a space dragon

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
You are an archmage tasked by the kingdom to slay a dragon, but there is a catch. The dragon is falling around the earth in low orbit, at such a speed that it is always directly above the city you reside in, it is durable enough to resist this while remaining conscious and in control. You are given the entire military force of the kingdom at your disposal to accomplish this. How would you go about slaying a dragon in outer space?

The spells you know are equal to a 20th level mage in DnD, so you can use 9th circle and below spells from that media, or things of similar nature. The kingdom has the same capabilities as a modern military of a regional power, albeit more magical. This dragon is as big as a mountain and can breathe fire twice its size.
'-'
I don't really understand your scenario...
You say falling in low orbit, yet is in control, so...it's just flying normally? As in, how does one fall yet be in orbit?
Also, if it's in space, how does the kingdom know it's there and headed for them?
How can the dragon survive in space without air to breathe?
How long will it take for it to 'fall'?
What kind of dragon is it?
Why is the kingdom so bent on slaying the dragon?
'-'

There's not enough info for me to ascertain things, sorry.
>w<

X

Anon_Y_Mousse

Semicolon Enjoyer
'-'
I don't really understand your scenario...
You say falling in low orbit, yet is in control, so...it's just flying normally? As in, how does one fall yet be in orbit?
Also, if it's in space, how does the kingdom know it's there and headed for them?
How can the dragon survive in space without air to breathe?
How long will it take for it to 'fall'?
What kind of dragon is it?
Why is the kingdom so bent on slaying the dragon?
'-'

There's not enough info for me to ascertain things, sorry.
>w<

X
Because the planet is round, the dragon is going so fast that it falls around the earth rather than falling to the earth, hence in orbit. What I mean by in control is that it isn't spinning uncontrollably because of this, and can still turn its head and stuff.
The kingdom did some scrying and spotted the dragon. They have the capabilities of a modern military, remember?
The dragon is durable enough to survive in space, it's basically a living rock.
I don't know, I wouldn't like to have a W.M.A.D right above me either though.

Anon_Y_Mousse

Semicolon Enjoyer
Google tells me this is a Woman Making A Difference. That dragon is a strong independent woman who don't need no modern magical military telling her what to do.
Mf typed WMD wrong, oh well it's funny so I'll keep it. Yes, the kingdom is a patriarchy so you have to make that strong, independent woman know her rightful place!

Nahrenne

Because the planet is round, the dragon is going so fast that it falls around the earth rather than falling to the earth, hence in orbit. What I mean by in control is that it isn't spinning uncontrollably because of this, and can still turn its head and stuff.
The kingdom did some scrying and spotted the dragon. They have the capabilities of a modern military, remember?
The dragon is durable enough to survive in space, it's basically a living rock.
I don't know, I wouldn't like to have a W.M.A.D right above me either though.
Hmm...but if the dragon isn't doing anything and is just staying in orbit, why provoke it?
'-'

Still won't do anything.

X

Anon_Y_Mousse

Semicolon Enjoyer
Hmm...but if the dragon isn't doing anything and is just staying in orbit, why provoke it?
'-'

Still won't do anything.

X
That is an option, but the kingdom is quite concerned for the safety of its people if a flying rock of death is right above your territory and has a chance of fucking you up. Better hope the public doesn't find out about this or they'll get to you before the dragon does.

Nahrenne

That is an option, but the kingdom is quite concerned for the safety of its people if a flying rock of death is right above your territory and has a chance of fucking you up. Better hope the public doesn't find out about this or they'll get to you before the dragon does.
It's not a rock, though, and has not made any effort to attack. Why provoke it if it's content to stay where it is?
It's like saying, "I'm gonna send the nukes to x country cos they have nukes of their own."
That's stupid and will just lead to devastation and destruction.
'-'

X

ElijahRyne

A Hermit that is NOT that Lazy…
Temporarily knock the dragon out, and then teleport both it and thousands of nukes to the moon, and let them go off!

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
It's not a rock, though, and has not made any effort to attack. Why provoke it if it's content to stay where it is?
It's like saying, "I'm gonna send the nukes to x country cos they have nukes of their own."
That's stupid and will just lead to devastation and destruction.
'-'

X

To be fair, the dragon could have just crashed into the city without wasting time and effort on establishing a geo-synchronous orbit. Clearly it's not just interested in destruction. But then, that's not the prompt. The prompt is 'How do you fight a space dragon.' The lack of hostility is more like a plothole than evidence of peaceful intent.

Anon_Y_Mousse

Semicolon Enjoyer

To be fair, the dragon could have just crashed into the city without wasting time and effort on establishing a geo-synchronous orbit. Clearly it's not just interested in destruction. But then, that's not the prompt. The prompt is 'How do you fight a space dragon.' The lack of hostility is more like a plothole than evidence of peaceful intent.
Well, to be fair the scenario was based off a scene in my novel, where the dragon was destructive and had every reason to be in geo-synchronous orbit. Guess I should've thought that through before turning it into a prompt. Eh, whatever, that assumption is valid anyways.

Ddraig

<First Dragon of SHF> <Pokemon Goddess of NuF>
I thought the dragon was currently diving straight towards the kingdom. If we are not currently in a fight, I do not see how it is wise to provoke it by attacking first.

Infact it is just better to ignore, seduce or negotiate. Maybe invite over as a guest to be friendly.

D

Deleted member 45782

Shoot it with a telsa laser beam. Bring home the chunks and call it souvenir from outer space. Made from Mars. Brought to you by googlespace and telsa partnership.

LilTV1155

Shoot it with a telsa laser beam. Bring home the chunks and call it souvenir from outer space. Made from Mars. Brought to you by googlespace and telsa partnership.
Dude, those rocks might be radioactive?