How to get those pesky Webnovel people to leave you alone

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I thought I was safe because I was writing fanfiction, but then they started harassing me, so . . .
1.png

I was really insulted by their assumption that I'm not taking risks. When they feed you that line, think about another risk you are taking in your life and lob that in their faces!

What other ways have you found to get them to give up?

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    80.7 KB · Views: 72

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I would like to try that with telescammers, but my aunt told me to never say, "Yes" to telescammers because they can record that and use your voice to make you consent to things.
Not a writer, but I heard that webnovel people don't give contracts if there is smut in the first ten chapters. Not sure if it true or not though
I have smut in Chapter 6. I drop the curtain before the actual copulation happens, though. Maybe it's not smutty enough to stop them. I story gets more smutty in later chapters.
I think they avoid political stuff. Especially when China is insulted or Chinese history isn't portraited in the "correct official" way.
I mention fraternal polyandry in Tibet. I guess that wasn't enough to stop them.

Reborn_Cat

A lazy cat pretending to be human
I would like to try that with telescammers, but my aunt told me to never say, "Yes" to telescammers because they can record that and use your voice to make you consent to things.
Best way to respond to them is to give a very suspicious "Hmmmmmm", That way they can't tell whether you're agreeing or frowning at them

KiraMinoru

Untitled Generic Member
I thought I was safe because I was writing fanfiction, but then they started harassing me, so . . .
View attachment 10841
I was really insulted by their assumption that I'm not taking risks. When they feed you that line, think about another risk you are taking in your life and lob that in their faces!

Just tell them Taiwan is a country and that should get them to leave you alone. Oh yeah, also start talking about the Tiananmem Square Massacre, that will be sure to get their dicks really limp real quick.

Motsu

Game Lead Programmer x WebAppSoft
View attachment 10841

wtf

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
I have been slowly removing all my content from webnovel and plan to just leave it entirely. It's gotten very annoying and I have grown to dislike the site.

LotsChrono

View attachment 10841

Easy peasy, just sign your soul away and they’ll leave you alone.

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
I actually just received their contract in the past and never received it again. I don't know why though since not only do I have any smut in my works, I mostly wrote originals, I'm not biased in my political stuff and I don't even discriminate on gender. I'm not even sure why they didn't start forcing me since most of my works are clean of the stuff than most of their original authors, plus I have a fair amount of popularity so I question why haven't I...

*Reads my title*

Oh....It might be that....

LABmaiL

Friend of All Hats :)
Just write some stuff that's mildly against the Chinese government. I hear they aren't the biggest fan of that type of stuff. Though I find the fact that they refer to their own deal as a 'risk' and say that you can always start a new story to be funny. They aren't even trying to hide how sketchy they can be.

Last edited:

Reborn_Cat

A lazy cat pretending to be human
I wonder if they would ban you if you had a novel titled F**k W3bn0ve1

whitesculptor

The princess whispers & the keyboard clacks.
Personally, made it so that I hid my email from everywhere, that way they can't propose a contract nor message you.
In your case, now that they did, the best is simply to say your story already belongs to a professional publishing company, and as such, you cannot do anything with/about it.
Blocking their email instead of replying and wasting your time is also a splendid and valid option.

strayCat0

Other
Personally, made it so that I hid my email from everywhere, that way they can't propose a contract nor message you.
This doesn't help because they might as well DM your SH's account. But I suppose they're no longer that desperate. I remember at 2018 they use alt accs and their newly contracted translators to promote Webnovel by spamming threads every once a few weeks. That year was horrible.