How to get your story known?

Maze_Runner

□■ - I like running in mazes - ■□
Just like the title says, I'm looking for ways to get my stories known. Do they just have to be up for awhile or something else? I've had my book up for about a year or so now and don't have many readers and want to know how to gain them (if there is a way)

SailusGebel

Here's some bitter truth, your story probably won't get popular. You can try doing it by pumping up daily chapters for more than three months in a row. At the same time, advertise your story however you can, which means Twitter, Reddit, forums, etc. However, the chances are low.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
I've found that posting often and at times when more people are online works well. That and having your story in your signature so that people in the forums can see them easier. Trading reviews with other authors is also a good way for more people to want to look at it. A good synopsis cover will also help a lot but I'm sure you already knew that. You could also branch out and speak with people irl or online but that isn't entirely necessary. Though advertising is key and it can be done in many ways. Sadly, some stories were never meant to be popular or just don't intrigue people enough to want to read them so after a certain point you may have to try another story idea.

BlackKnightX

You have to understand the appeal. People will read what they wanna read. For me personally, when I want to read something, I’d search with genres and tags; I assume many readers do that as well. So, I have to know what genres and tags are popular—what most readers look for in a novel—and then write from there. That’s what you call ”write-to-market strategy”.

On this site, the popular tag is gender-bender, girls love, isekai, etc. And you have to write your story in a specific style for web novels’ readers—easy to read, fast-paced, light and fun, oh and wish-fulfillment with OP mc really boosts the appeal. Just go read the most popular series here, and you’ll see the patterns and forms.

Once you start writing, just update regularly. Your readers base will increase as times pass by.

Everything said so far is on point. You need to promote your work on social media. Use hashtags on Twitter and Instagram. Be active in the Scribble hub community. Have an update schedule so your readers know when to expect an update from you. At the end of the day, your audience will find you.
Best Wishes!

Maze_Runner

□■ - I like running in mazes - ■□
Here's some bitter truth, your story probably won't get popular. You can try doing it by pumping up daily chapters for more than three months in a row. At the same time, advertise your story however you can, which means Twitter, Reddit, forums, etc. However, the chances are low.
Alright, thanks for telling the truth and not just lying to me :)
I've found that posting often and at times when more people are online works well. That and having your story in your signature so that people in the forums can see them easier. Trading reviews with other authors is also a good way for more people to want to look at it. A good synopsis cover will also help a lot but I'm sure you already knew that. You could also branch out and speak with people irl or online but that isn't entirely necessary. Though advertising is key and it can be done in many ways. Sadly, some stories were never meant to be popular or just don't intrigue people enough to want to read them so after a certain point you may have to try another story idea.
Thanks for being honest and I appreciate the advice :)
You have to understand the appeal. People will read what they wanna read. For me personally, when I want to read something, I’d search with genres and tags; I assume many readers do that as well. So, I have to know what genres and tags are popular—what most readers look for in a novel—and then write from there. That’s what you call ”write-to-market strategy”.

On this site, the popular tag is gender-bender, girls love, isekai, etc. And you have to write your story in a specific style for web novels’ readers—easy to read, fast-paced, light and fun, oh and wish-fulfillment with OP mc really boosts the appeal. Just go read the most popular series here, and you’ll see the patterns and forms.

Once you start writing, just update regularly. Your readers base will increase as times pass by.
Alright, thank you so much
Everything said so far is on point. You need to promote your work on social media. Use hashtags on Twitter and Instagram. Be active in the Scribble hub community. Have an update schedule so your readers know when to expect an update from you. At the end of the day, your audience will find you.
Best Wishes!
Thank you!
write more, the only way to break through the crowd is an aggressive release schedule.
Alright, I will! Thanks!
Thank you all so much!

SailusGebel

Alright, thanks for telling the truth and not just lying to me :)
It's unfortunate, but if you write a story with unpopular tags\genres, no matter how many people here on the forum say that you should persevere and those genres are lit, casual readers(the majority) won't read it. However, if you have enough strength and you are eager to increase the views and the number of readers, you can try something different. Start writing a second story that caters to the masses\will get popular. And then, you can promote your first story through the second one. But such a method is very difficult.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
some tropes do better than others on this website

BL+Cultivation is a sure hit on SH

Look at the BL ranking and you will know what tags are popular.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Keep writing!
Carlo.jpg

D

Deleted member 57675

Just like the title says, I'm looking for ways to get my stories known. Do they just have to be up for awhile or something else? I've had my book up for about a year or so now and don't have many readers and want to know how to gain them (if there is a way)
Git gud.
And advertise.

Also depends on site and type of audience the site attracts. And story quality.

doravg

103/4001 (too lazy to count the stories again.)
Post your books in your forum signature and speak with fellow authors. You have the messages for it. You can find the signature in your account details. Post each day, at the same time. Keep the chapters at the same length. And, don't do walls of text (5k chapters) people don't like it. I have found that 1k chapters packed with action keep people coming back.

Sandycat135

Sorry for my late answer, but maybe I'll leave this in case someone might find it helpful.
One thing to consider is it's rarely just a '"post and wait" game. Use social media platforms to promote your work, engage with your readers and other writers. Participate in writing contests or groups, they can provide exposure. Get a professional book cover, it makes a huge difference for first impressions. Utilize platforms like Wattpad or Medium for short stories, or even a serial version of your book. Receiving feedback and building your audience incrementally can help a lot.

BornInAbyss

It's definitely a mix of persistence and strategic visibility. You need to consider active self-promotion. One of the best ways is via social media, regular blog updates, and interacting with your genre's community. Make sure to have a captivating synopsis and compelling cover, too. Additionally, consider using advertisements. A tool I've found valuable is this AdSpy tool. It basically helps you study successful ad campaigns related to your genre, analyze their strategies, and incorporate those ideas into your own ad campaign. It's a learning curve, but very effective.

Last edited:

Sleds

I'm looking for Disney Sleds
I checked you story and from what I see, you didn't publish enough chapter and in a sheduled period too. You have three stories with one and two chapters, I don't know if you have drop them or not but if that the case reader might dodge you at see if they recognize your pseudo. Another one is the genre you write except from two of them, you write BL, I don't know how much readers base is in SH for that genre but except from that tag there nothing really appealing from your stories, the cover don't really stand out too and the synopsis don't help either.

I don't know what type of story you want to write right now, but you should plan it a bit before publishing it, maybe stock a pile of chapters if you don't feel confident to release chapter in a shedule and once you story got enough chapter, publish it one chapter per chapter, you can delay them, minimal one each 6 hour and maximal one per week. You will appear on the last update page and have chance to be see by reader. You also have to take into consideration ther shedule time, depending of the hour the number of readers on the site change and the number of chapters published change too, you have to think about it. Did you prefer to have your story appear for one minute when 10 000 readers come into the site, or do you prefer to have your story stay one hour on the last update page but with lower readers coming to the site.

Tsuru

PRIMARY POINTS (most important) :

(smut)
Great cover
Bait title/summary
Story/plot/theme
high quality writing (talent/brain/experience)
anti-routine

Secondary points :

Characters, especially waifu
well done enemies if there are
fighting or not, the actions of MC that interest readers to read
the iq of characters, they must smart and not beta
anti-routine/cliches
(cliches are now boring, its better to write anti-routine like Konosuba or Deadpool, "A chest ALONE unguarded ? Fck i bet its a mimic" -> Burn it to death or torture by feeding shit hence getting revenge for all people or players of earth that suffered from mimics)
comedy is a nice spice
originality that differentiate from others
-------------------------
In short.

Like sex, what would women would prefer the man had
: "handsome (cover/title/summary), longer (lot chaps), stronger (quality text), funny (comedy), sweet talking (romance/atmosphere vibes of plot), always present (not axed series), smart (protag AND enemies not being stupid), punctual (updates, and not disappear for 3months), talkative and can sympathize (interact with comments + can listen to advices of them + not being a D like a certain smurt author that insulted commenters that pointed typos and only caring for his PAID readers of own website), imaginative (ideas, like the bonus chapter of TRUE ENDGAME flashbacking MC playing a VRMMO space game and flying a gigantic space carrier worth months of game money and time to create, INTO THE SUN)"

Not saying to have ALL OF THEM
but "the more the better"
The man would be a chad, the series will be popular UNLESS UNLUCKY/environment

My brain run out of what are more
Edit : Oh and "faster"
Faster to move the body (to update)

centurii-chan (original) drawn by centurii-chan_(artist)

Last edited: