Writing How to make dialogues sound natural?

HURGMCGURG

That Guy
Who's speaking? Depending on the type of person they may have different speaking habits. For example, a character that is better with their words and thinking on the fly might be able to sound as though he had prepared his words beforehand while others might be a bit slower with their words.

You also need to figure out whether or not they're in the right frame of mind to be saying certain things. If someone is incredibly angry they are not going to listen to reason and instead you need to calm them down first. If they're incredibly sad, they might not even be listening to whoever is talking to them.

Emotion and the type of person go together hand in hand. Let's say you have someone who is good at handling their emotions, or at least hiding them. If they're emotional at the time they'll almost seem normal, but there might be something slightly off about what they're saying, or the undertone of their words.

Gerazzza

More than 2 weeks late? And there's already a lot of opinions but ehhh, why the hell not? For myself at least, it would help a lot to actually know your characters yourself. Get to know the characters you introduce to your story deeply, what they like, dislike, their personality, and such. If you don't have a clear image of this, then it's going to be harder to imagine what a conversation with the said character will be like. Having a unique way of talking that match their personality also helps bring variety to the table, though I do understand that the further you are into the story, with all the new characters you'll probably add, it gets significantly harder to make a distinguished speech style for each character. I would imagine myself "if I'm that character, what would I do? What should I reply with? How would I react?"

My dialogue doesn't feel smooth to me because, IRL, i mainly uses gestures instead of speaking.
Instead of saying, "hey, look at that!" I poke the person thn point at it.
Instead of saying "holy shit you have to see this" slowly approach the person with my phone towards them.
It got to the point someone thought i was mute

Also this, is super important imo. For some characters, it's better to just give them less dialogues because that's what their personality is like. Slapping a dialogue when it's unneccesary for the said character would be strange. But ye, in the end all comes down to writing style and understanding your characters.