How to mediate chaos?

Agentt

Thighs
So, recently, I wrote a oneshot with a mission to create the most mind boggling chaotic experience ever. I wanted to make the readers not just feel "what did I just read?," but also, "why did I just read that?"

But after I published it and re-read, I noticed something.
Instead of creating the brain death I wanted, this piece just makes readers confused.

Its so disorienting, and so...unlinked, it doesn't make me feel the chaos at all, it just looks like gibberish. It looks like I used a random word generator. Reading it just forces you to skip words, then lines and finally paragraphs, making people completely skim through the plant smut.

This here is the one shot

So, basically, how to connect it all? How to keep the readers engaged while nothing makes sense?

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
It makes sense if your characters are on drugs.

Anon_Y_Mousse

Semicolon Enjoyer
What the faq did I just read.

Anyways, didn't seem like it to me. I read through every line of it, yes... Even the plant smut. Though to be honest some stories are less coherent than this.

was this some play about time relativity in outer space? otherwise you lost me.

Cipiteca396

🌺🌑🐉🪶 Anxiety Overdrive
Give it meaning? Or at least each character a personal meaning. They all have reasons for the things they do, but those things run counter to the rest of the world. Even if it doesn't make sense, if the reader can start making connections, it might keep them invested long enough to reach the end. Then they can put it down, and have a moment of fridge logic: "What the fuck was that?"