How to not make soup

HURGMCGURG

That Guy
A story where someone attempts to make soup, but ultimately fails somehow.

Llamadragon

Since you secretly have knowlegde of all the bad ends that come from homemaking soap from lye.
Why did I read that as soap? :blob_hmm_two:

”I found a tasty-looking recipe of soup on the internet. It was chocolate-flavored (which is always a win) and the maker kept saying how nice it smelled. Plus, it was made from goat milk, and I kind of have an abundance of that because I won one at the neighborhood lottery last week by accident (I wanted the cute bunny wabbit) and goat milk tastes like crap apparently. In the choice between chocolate soup and kebab, I thought I’d give the poor thing a chance at not-kebab.

There were only a few ingredients, too, which is nice because I’m a microwave kind of gal. We also had all of them at home; goat milk obviously, then cacao powder, and lye left over from when dad forgot to make the lutefisk he was planning to make for Christmas. TBH I’m not a huge fan of lutefisk so I was a bit sceptic to adding the lye, but CHOCOLATE SOUP. People use lye in COOKING and if it’s food-safe, there wouldn’t be a problem of any kind. Maybe it just tasted weird in combination with fish, and was actually delicious with chocolate.

I decided to just toss all the ingredients in a bowl and micro it. It was soup, what could possibly go wrong.”

Lurking

”I found a tasty-looking recipe of soup on the internet. It was chocolate-flavored (which is always a win) and the maker kept saying how nice it smelled. Plus, it was made from goat milk, and I kind of have an abundance of that because I won one at the neighborhood lottery last week by accident (I wanted the cute bunny wabbit) and goat milk tastes like crap apparently. In the choice between chocolate soup and kebab, I thought I’d give the poor thing a chance at not-kebab.

There were only a few ingredients, too, which is nice because I’m a microwave kind of gal. We also had all of them at home; goat milk obviously, then cacao powder, and lye left over from when dad forgot to make the lutefisk he was planning to make for Christmas. TBH I’m not a huge fan of lutefisk so I was a bit sceptic to adding the lye, but CHOCOLATE SOUP. People use lye in COOKING and if it’s food-safe, there wouldn’t be a problem of any kind. Maybe it just tasted weird in combination with fish, and was actually delicious with chocolate.

I decided to just toss all the ingredients in a bowl and micro it. It was soup, what could possibly go wrong.”
Noooooo. RIP.

How to Make Soup

tl;dr

I decide to just boil water.

Hmm...a water-flavored soup.

Why does it taste like water?