How to read without using your mouth and without thinking?

Motsu

Game Lead Programmer x WebAppSoft
Is this even possible? Please comment.

Kilolo

I'm so kewl
can you elaborate more? does this like speed reading or something like that?

Agentt

Thighs
I suppose he is talking about not inserting yourself in the situation, not looking at the environment or thinking what will happen. Kinda like how we memorize math formulas or history dates, just skim them through.

Motsu

What do you mean by “without thinking”?
It means what it means; not thinking at all about what will happen or why that happened or what is his/her deal or some sort. It's like when we do something out of habit or reflex without even thinking about why we are doing it.

Motsu

can you elaborate more? does this like speed reading or something like that?
I don't want to read and think of the same thing because it's the same as spoiling or foreshadowing the future. For example, the MC lost, then I'd think immediately, 'Bet he'd stand up again because of the power of FRIENDSHIP!' And yeah, here you go, I'd like a way to not read and think of the same time and I can't get it out. I need a good solution.
It is took me years to learn
You cant learn it, why because it fucking useless.
Nothing is completely useless if it's being used by someone out in the whole globe.

Businesssn

Brick-San the god of wholesome hentai
I don't want to read and think of the same thing because it's the same as spoiling or foreshadowing the future. For example, the MC lost, then I'd think immediately, 'Bet he'd stand up again because of the power of FRIENDSHIP!' And yeah, here you go, I'd like a way to not read and think of the same time and I can't get it out. I need a good solution.
Well my method works, but you gotta reread some parts.

You look at the words then see. But draw back you must know the word

Kilolo

I'm so kewl
It means what it means; not thinking at all about what will happen or why that happened or what is his/her deal or some sort. It's like when we do something out of habit or reflex without even thinking about why we are doing it.
tbh, this is more sounded like you want to read words, not sentence.
why would you even want to read words without understanding the entire sentence, that is beyond me.

also, if you're bothered by too much amount of information gotten to your head while you're reading, then stop. Ponder a bit until you understand the entire situation.
the neuron in your brain is currently firing to process the information, don't add more information by forcing yourself to continue reading.

that's what I usually do when reading (which is why i always considered myself as a slow reader)

HappyVainGlory

Meditation. Specifically, mindfulness meditation. In doing so, you cultivate flow and immersion in the present time. A year or two of practice should be sufficient.

This has been unsolicited life advice from your local happy and vain writer.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
I don't know what to tell you bro, it's literally just "Shut brain and read". If you want to train that part of your head I'd suggest playing some call of duty to train your brain shutting off skills

Motsu

I don't know what to tell you bro, it's literally just "Shut brain and read". If you want to train that part of your head I'd suggest playing some call of duty to train your brain shutting off skills
Call of Duty... hmm... how does that somehow train to shut down my brain? Is it like when you get shot in-game and you just feel like wanting to shut down the game, sleep, and get revenge on those players that killed you?

Kilolo

I'm so kewl
Call of Duty... hmm... how does that somehow train to shut down my brain? Is it like when you get shot in-game and you just feel like wanting to shut down the game, sleep, and get revenge on those players that killed you?
it's to train your reaction time about things and your awareness of your surrounding.
your brain will have no choice but to adapt to the situation when you had to make decision on the nick of time due to competitive atmosphere.

the reason you had problem to begin with, is because your brain didn't compute quick enough to comprehend what you read before you reaching the next paragraph.

Motsu

it's to train your reaction time about things and your awareness of your surrounding.
your brain will have no choice but to adapt to the situation when you had to make decision on the nick of time due to competitive atmosphere.

the reason you had problem to begin with, is because your brain didn't compute quick enough to comprehend what you read before you reaching the next paragraph.
Alright, let me make yours counter-intuitive.

Let me start with an adverb.

However, while it's safe to assume that yours are intuitive. I don't need to make any eleventh-hour decisions when reading, and I didn't list anything about trying 'to comprehend what I just read before reaching the next paragraph.' It is to read the words in your thoughts without thinking of anything at all. And one thing, this isn't my problem. This is never a problem, this is a question to bring out different solutions. Not all people make questions about their problems. In fact, trying to read other's solutions to this problem is my reason for bringing this irrelevant problem. I really like to bring out questions to see how different people would deal with it from their own perspectives.

Let me point this out, I've played Chess for 3 years, I can make decisions in the nick of time and can skim or can do 'speed-reading.'

How about it? Can you make a solution for me? Even a blabber is enough.
tbh, this is more sounded like you want to read words, not sentence.
why would you even want to read words without understanding the entire sentence, that is beyond me.

also, if you're bothered by too much amount of information gotten to your head while you're reading, then stop. Ponder a bit until you understand the entire situation.
the neuron in your brain is currently firing to process the information, don't add more information by forcing yourself to continue reading.

that's what I usually do when reading (which is why i always considered myself as a slow reader)
My purpose is beyond your understanding.

Last edited:

Kilolo

I'm so kewl
how should i know, i don't know how your brain works

Motsu

how should i know, i don't know how your brain works
Oi, oi, that's the same as telling me that you can't tell someone's face if it's ugly or beautiful because it's their own face and they should be the one to judge themselves.

You don't need to know how my brain works, just a tad little perspective of yours to share and you're good. Like, how am I supposed to read using my mind without thinking at all? I think for you, it should be simple, but if it isn't, then that's disappointing.

High-in-the-skys

Awkward member
Well here are my techniques...

Instead of focusing in the same object, try spreading out your awareness. Kinda like when you're doing something you don't want other people to see, you watch out your surroundings while focusing on the work you're doing. The problem here is if you have problem splitting or multi-tasking your brain and if your surroundings are busy.

Then there is also the option to blast music to their ears. Pick a less distracting music you like and cover your ears with it while reading. Your thinking will be diluted as you jam to the music while reading.

You can also read when you're sleepy. Guaranteed to work as long as you battle the drowsiness.

There is also the poor man's solution, just let your brain "not focus". Other's can't do it if they're not familiar with controlling their brains but poor me can't buy stuff that I had to compensate by learning skills.(Damn, faulty earphones always breaking...)