How to ruin an litrpg in 3 steps

AKnightWithaKnife

1. Make them sped based
2. Give them a healing skill
3. Make them half elf

congrats you made a story with one sentence fight sences forced racism and a lot of harem!

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
I have issues with 1 and 3.

What the hell is 1? Sped based? As in speedster?

3, what the hell is wrong with being a half elf? In dnd, all they got are significant boost in Charisma and slight increase in the stats they choose.

Ps. Off topic qn, why does half-elf gets a boost in CHA but not elf?

whitesculptor

The princess whispers & the keyboard clacks.
Emilia-tan ~~☆ (the only half elf i know)
Any story with an abnormal pace might be hard to enjoy. A few exceptions can be spotted like tree of aions that goes brooommm

AKnightWithaKnife

I have issues with 1 and 3.

What the hell is 1? Sped based? As in speedster?

3, what the hell is wrong with being a half elf? In dnd, all they got are significant boost in Charisma and slight increase in the stats they choose.

Ps. Off topic qn, why does half-elf gets a boost in CHA but not elf?

I’m pretty sure half elfs get the cha bonus because they have the good looks of an elf but none of the stigma. Also is you sepent any time around webnovel or royal road half elves ,vampires ,elves are used to just get a nonhuman tag without having to write for a nonhuman
Fair enough. May I add one more that could be switched out with either of the first two?

4. Give them a weapon that is way too OP from the start
I read novel once where a character was given an op weapon but the writer made it have a huge downside. If I remeber the weapon could only be used by a holy person and as such it burned his flesh while draining his mana at the same time

Last edited:

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
I’m pretty sure half elfs get the cha bonus because they have the good looks of an elf but none of the stigma. Also is you sepent any time around webnovel or royal road half elves ,vampires ,elves are used to just get a nonhuman tag without having to write for a nonhuman

I read novel once where a character was given an op weapon but the writer made it have a huge downside. If I remeber the weapon could only be used by a holy person and as such it burned his flesh while draining his mana at the same time
Oo.

I have a bit of a hard time trying to read new works, so I don't really noticed. It is also the same issue with JP novels as well, they put in a half elf because they need their protag to be handsome and nothing else.

So what is your point 1?

Agentt

Thighs
Oo.

I have a bit of a hard time trying to read new works, so I don't really noticed. It is also the same issue with JP novels as well, they put in a half elf because they need their protag to be handsome and nothing else.

So what is your point 1?
Point 1 is that instead of heart pounding battles, the battles are like,
"Muahahham," arised from the fissure, a red demonic fiend, with a vile laughter, it smacked its trident on the ground,
"Thou shall not pas-"
Before he could complete his sentence, I sweeped in, and sliced his throat open.

Jemini

1. Make them sped based
2. Give them a healing skill
3. Make them half elf

congrats you made a story with one sentence fight sences forced racism and a lot of harem!
It is the minority of fantasy settings that have anti-elf racism. A majority have minor pro-elf racism, but nothing extreme. It is more that they are viewed as being half a social rank higher than their human counterparts of the same social rank. They are still clearly lesser than those of the social rank above them though.

Something tells me you are confusing elves for Aldets and Bastets. (The ACTUAL names for the dog-like and cat-like "beast folk." Each human-animal hybrid actually has a historical mythological name. Also, you would be surprised at how many different combinations there are of human and goat, each combination and degree of more human-like to goat-like has it's own name.)

Agentt

Thighs
It is the minority of fantasy settings that have anti-elf racism. A majority have minor pro-elf racism, but nothing extreme. It is more that they are viewed as being half a social rank higher than their human counterparts of the same social rank. They are still clearly lesser than those of the social rank above them though.

Something tells me you are confusing elves for Aldets and Bastets. (The ACTUAL names for the dog-like and cat-like "beast folk." Each human-animal hybrid actually has a historical mythological name. Also, you would be surprised at how many different combinations there are of human and goat, each combination and degree of more human-like to goat-like has it's own name.)
You are forgetting the elves which are sold as slaves,

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
That is rare. However, it is a nice change of pace to see an OP weapon that is practically useless in the hands of a normal person.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.

Also, is kobold a dog head or lizard head? I have been scratching my head too hard in thinking cuz I written them as dog-heads and a bit too dumb compared to their DnD counterpart.
That is rare. However, it is a nice change of pace to see an OP weapon that is practically useless in the hands of a normal person.
In xianxia though it is quite common, with the MC finding new methods to circumvent the power issue and maybe even be able to wield the weapon properly.

So instead of it being a story breaker, the weapon ends up as a safety net though.

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
In a world where you are discriminated by your race, you are a half-elf who was pitied by people since your father was raped by an elf who died by being drained of his vitality. Also, as the only guy in the race filled with horny elves, you ran away and meet a kind orc who helped you by given a new life at their town.

Grew up with kind orc and goblins who didn't judge you because of your looks(their taste is opposite to a normal human), you live a normal life and even tried to win the heart of a very ugly orc girl whom been friends with since childhood.

One day, the town was attacked by humans and elven women whom killed all the women and raped the men and as you saw the orc girl whom been in love with since all your life, get beheaded. You awaken a special ability gained from both your parents.

With the speed from your father and the healing abilities of your mother, you awaken a special ability to make any women wet by touching them and begin to destroy all the women who attacked your village and run away to become an adventurer who has a harem but didn't want these beautiful women being so in love with you.

Title: I with the abilities to make any women wet by touching them, I want to marry the ugliest and fattest woman while being chased around by beautiful women and even a yandere goddess.

thorbjorn42gbf

one sentence fight sences
This is literally any story where you make the MC too op without giving the enemies a chance, only stat that doesn't give the possibility is endurance and stuff like that because it just makes you harder to kill not you better at killing
forced racism
There is going to be racism if the author wants and for no other reason, you could as well be human in an elf supremacy area and have that problem, I read Battlemaster on royal road and it have a thing where people hate earth humans beause they tend to be murderhobos.

Literally any race could be a reason to throw racism after them
and a lot of harem!
Its not like the lack of a healing ability have ever prevented an author from turning a litrpg into a harem, and having a healing ability doesn't equal a harem setup if the author don't want to, example: See Beneath the Dragoneye Moons

Agentt

Thighs
You do understand what the terms "minority" and "majority" mean, right?
Well, you can have elves in majority, and they can still be enslaved because of the "we will enclose ourself in forests and cutt of ourself from the world"

Jemini

Well, you can have elves in majority, and they can still be enslaved because of the "we will enclose ourself in forests and cutt of ourself from the world"
Obviously, you need to re-read my comment that you were responding to again.

I was not talking about majority human or majority elf populations. I was talking about the MAJORITY OF ALL FANTASY GENRE STORIES WRITTEN portray elves as being held up as higher in position to humans in their world building. As such, the elves are not suffering from racism.

What I am saying is that your comment about slavery has no bearing on my point at all, and is completely out of left field and irrelevant. I did not "forget" about the elves who are sold as slaves. The topic of elves sold as slaves was simply irrelevant to my point completely, and thus it had no place being brought up.