Writing Prompt How to turn a kingdom into a ruin with just 4 of you?

Kilolo

I'm so kewl
A common isekai trope, the kingdom performing a hero summoning and you're one of the four heroes being summoned.
each summoned hero has different class privilege, and you're one of the following class.
  1. hero with Jack-of-all trades ability
  2. magic specialty
  3. healing and status buff specialty
  4. infiltration and assassination specialty
all four of you agree that you don't like the kingdom and planning to destroy it, so how would you go about it?

pick the class and make up the circumstances the way you like it.

Last edited:

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
A common isekai trope, the kingdom performing a hero summoning and you're one of the four heroes being summoned.
each summoned hero has different class privilege, and you're one of the summoned hero
  2. magic specialty
all four of you agree that you don't like the kingdom and planning to destroy it, so how would you go about it?

1. Jack of all trades? That sounds like bard! Lets go seduce all the wives of noblemen, queen and princesses or hell, I can go anal by letting the king ram me up the alleyway and have him bring the kingdom to ruin like Daji.
2. Fireball. Just Fireball.
3. Healing... is it like Redo of Healer. If yes, nuff said. If no, let's go raid the maximum prison full of dissenters and really fuck up the place by letting them out. Or you know, bribe the nobles to rally against the king with the promise of eternal youth.
4. Edgelord.

DarkeReises

Ultimate Wankmaster, Jizzer of Universes
1. Jack of all trades? Sounds like a cleric. Power level and use divine intervention to kindly ask for the erasure of the kingdom
2. Fireball.
3. NotaNuffian got this good
4. Use the power of edge and remove the kingdom hierarchy

Zirrboy

Fueled by anger
I think the pitch was a group summon where all of the four are present, we just get to pick who we are.

As for myself (assuming we can't just fight them head on):
  1. Find a strong and ambitious noble.
  2. Compare their forces to those loyal to the current regent
  3. While in the wild, split up so our powers are the inverse of the two factions
  4. Separately return to each, lying about the other group having betrayed you
    1. The one(s) who join the regent say the others want to use their powers for themselves
    2. The ones who join the noble say the king ordered the others to get rid of them for some bullshit reason (f.e. mage joins regent, the story could be that the mage wants to use human sacrifice and the regent agrees)
  5. Make sure the civil war lasts as long as possible by coordinating our efforts
  6. enjoy

Last edited:

TotallyHuman

each summoned hero has different class privilege, and you're one of the summoned hero
  2. magic specialty

if one of us has corona, we just wait. Maybe we walk around and then wait. Their healers won't be able to heal everybody and if it's the standard medieval setting, the people will start dropping fast.

Anon_Y_Mousse

Semicolon Enjoyer
Alright everyone buff the caster, have them charge a really huge spell...

Point it at the direction of the #4!(the edgelord)

Alright, now that the main problem is dealt with, where do we start?

Zirrboy

Fueled by anger
if one of us has corona, we just wait. Maybe we walk around and then wait. Their healers won't be able to heal everybody and if it's the standard medieval setting, the people will start dropping fast.
Doesn't even have to be corona.
So long as any of the four has a kind of bacteria or virus foreign to the world's inhabitants, they're most likely fucked.
Alright everyone buff the caster, have them charge a really huge spell...

Point it at the direction of the #4!(the edgelord)

Alright, now that the main problem is dealt with, where do we start?
Now you have given them a betrayal exposition and thereby maximized edge potential. Plot armor is going to kick in and bring them back OP.

Last edited:

LordJoyde

2. Magic specialty - I have complete control over flesh and blood.

I create an incurable disease and watch the impossible, ever-evolving pandemic rake the entire kingdom and possibly the entire planet should I so wish it.

I'll name it... Iserona!

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
I'll pick one and I'll name this the 'Grand Kingdom Heist'.

We first gather data on the kingdom and set up routes to where we can not only find entrance points but also where the money is located.

4 will be our spy and gather any info while getting a disguise of a high ranking official which would bring us uniforms of guards to infiltrate the kingdom.

There, I'll cause a distraction by picking up a fight with another guard which 4 will bring 2 to a place where he would set up spells that would detonate on command. 3 on the other hand would try to heal the guard I brutally beat up as I get myself locked in and interrogated while 4 would bust me out again as I ran away and get all the guards attention on me.

All three of them would head to two directions as 4 will find the official's room to collect incriminating evidence of corruption of the kingdom while 2 and 3 would head to the treasury to steal the valuables.

I'll distract the guards for as long as I can but would head to the escape route to help 2 and 3 steal the treasure as 4 will bring the evidence with us.

Once we begin our escape, 2 would detonate the bombs as a distraction while we escape with the gold and evidence.

Pass it slowly to the civilians, make each noble fight one another and finally start a revolt once all nobles crippled themselves as we march to the kingdom, assassinate the royalty and rebuild the kingdom once more using the wealth and reputation we gathered from the civilians.

There are also fail-safe of being detected as I would reveal to be the hero and get all the attention and 2 would begin setting more bombs at critical locations.

There's also another as I would kidnapped a royalty which causes a new scene and rally people as a distraction while 4 slips blackmail on some nobles to create a distraction for me to run away with some royalty.

A bit late but I hope you enjoy reading my Heist-I mean how to ruin a kingdom.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
each summoned hero has different class privilege, and you're one of the following class.
  2. magic specialty

Imma just go and assassinate the King. Maybe kill any princes and rape any princesses or Ladies of the Court. Probably gonna end up destabilizing the while power structure of the kingdom as I kill most of it's important figures within the Capital

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
  2. magic specialty

Do 4. Become leader and just inflate the economy and doing everything stupid

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
Imma go Thief/Assassin and go full cloak and dagger on the upper class. Kill political and economical key figures, make it look like infighting, fake 'evidence' of enough atrocities for the common people to start a bloody revolution...

It's pretty scary how much chaos a single operative could cause.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
  1. That one's me. I'll get to work on seducing those in power.
  2. Cast a spell on our victims to make them more sensitive and orgasm faster.
  3. Return my hymen to a virgin state so I can pretend it's my first time for those who think that sort of thing is important.
  4. Smuggle me into bedrooms of those who are particularly difficult to conquer. Tie them up and let the games begin!

SuperHeiyan

No matter the class, any will do, that poor bastards don't know horrors of economic warfare. So I just need some starting money and they will bring their own kingdom into ruin.

Werelure

Do nothing and observe, maybe put some effort into escaping and hiding while at it - if kingdom is performing hero summons, that means they are most likely already on their path to destruction to begin with.

If that's not enough and they all should suffer, including common folk - spike all drinkable liquids and water sources with whatever drugs and medicine that could be found around or created. Bonus points for variety and interesting combinations.

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
  2. magic specialty

Ai-chan wouldn't need superpowers to bring down a kingdom, but having it is nice. So Ai-chan chooses number 3, simply for personal safety.

A kingdom runs on several things:
1. Economic stability
2. Political stability
3. Public sentiments
4. Cultural identity
5. Perception of military might
6. Perception of government power

If any of these are weak, the country would fall. If more than one of these are not up to par, the country would fall.

1. Economic stability

To ruin a country's economy, create an abundance of something very essential, such as wheat, brick or iron, though this works best for something you can't export, such as houses. The bubble of abundance will continue to grow to the point that the item is so cheap, it becomes unprofitable to produce it. To the point that you can get it for the price of almost nothing. This would mean the industry for producing that item in the country becomes non-existent due to the cheapness of the item. Do this with a couple other essential goods. This creates unemployment.

Then when the bubble has grown so much that people has moved on to other things dependent on these cheap items, such as grinding flour in the case of wheat, take all the wheat away. Burn everything in the granary, burn the whole wheat fields, destroy all the farming machines. Now all those flour mills have no raw materials to work with. The kingdom has to import wheat at a huge markup, because merchants outside the country knows this is a major ching ching moment. The kingdom's finances suffer greatly, but that's not all. If wheat is the main food ingredient, now the people is hungry and resentful of the government. Of course, this is a long game, so if you want to destroy the country in just a year, this is going to take too long for you.

2. Political stability

To ruin the country's political stability, you need to look at the country's political system first. If it's a monarchy, obviously the weak point is the inheritance system. To destroy it, you need to create turmoil in the inheritance system. You can for example, support a weak candidate or support the strong candidate. Why would you support the strong candidate? By supporting the strong candidate, you get in their good books, and you can slowly put your poison in his circle. Make his circle dependent on you, to the point that losing your support is equal to losing everything. You make yourself an essential person in that circle. You make everyone indebted to you. Of course, this carries the risk of assassination, so don't do this alone.

If it's an imperial system, the local rulers generally have greater power as they obey the emperor. While the weak point in the system is the emperor himself, the large autonomy that the local lords enjoy is a much bigger weakness. If you control the emperor, you may control the empire as a whole, but the local lords will not obey you and you will stick out like a huge nail. So take control of the local lords, either by bribery, corruption, debt or blackmail. Then organize a civil war. Regardless of the outcome of the civil war, you have succeeded in weakening the empire. Yes, the outcome of the civil war is not important. It's the civil war itself that matters.

3. Public sentiments

To ruin public sentiments, all you need to do is ensure that they think the government is unjust, cruel or highly corrupt. You can do this in many ways, such as bribing the official to let known criminals go, give them an incentive to look the other way while a crime or cruelty is being committed, get them to go elsewhere as your bandits raid and plunder a region or manipulate events so that innocent people are punished for things they don't commit.

While these won't automatically make the people revolt, and you don't want them to revolt, at least not just from this, it plants the seed of revolt. Why do you not want them to revolt? Because this revolt would be weak and barely of any consequence. The government will send soldiers and the revolt will be quashed, everyone gets executed, the end. You want the dissatisfaction and anger to simmer, to grow, and you need two other factors removed before they can revolt.

4. Cultural identity

To ruin cultural identity... well, there's no quick way to do this. But there are basically two things you can do. One, immigration. Two, religion. The problem with immigration is that you need to convince a lot of people to move to an area at a given time, so that the majority of that region's population gets diluted by the people who moved to that area. China is doing this in Xinjiang, by sending lots of Han ethnics to Xinjiang to dilute Xinjiang people's majority, thus eventually making the Han ethnic a majority or almost a majority. If you have the means to do it, you can even sterilize the local population so that only the immigrants can breed, such as what USA once did with a vaccination drive on the black populace.

The second option is religion. If immigration is not possible, then the only other choice is for you to convert the locals into another culture. There is no easier assimilation than religion. Muhammad created Islam to completely subvert the local Arab culture which was admittedly horrible, where daughters were buried alive for fear that they would be used as a hostage. This immediately caused several civil wars, which for a time, weakened the Arab tribes. Had there been anyone interested in the land at the time, this would've been the prime time for invasion. However, nobody wanted a piece of land that has nothing but sand. In Japan, this also happened, where the Jesuit priests were preaching and converting the populace into Christianity which was not only a proselytizing religion, but also a religion that clashed very badly with Buddhism and Shintoism. Tokugawa was afraid that if Christianity spread even further, the Christians would start demanding special rights or worse, bear arms against the Bakufu, so he outlawed and persecuted Christians to reduce their number.

5. Perception of military might

To ruin perception of military might is easy. Get rid of their military. You can play the long game of fighting on your own to the point that the military pride is gone and the army is just sitting around playing cards when they should be training for war. You will then get a bunch of pansies joining the army just for the cushy job of being paid to do nothing. Over time, the government will start cutting military budget as you alone is enough to deter all possible threats. This may take years, but what happens next will make you laugh. Announce to all countries that you're retiring and immediately disappear without warning. Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition, but for this kingdom, they will never expect the numerous invasions and bandit raids that come to them shortly after you 'retire'.

Or you can play the short game, which is to create a shortage of weapons by providing inferior weapons to the army. They will keep buying more weapons, but if you provide inferior ore, they will still still get inferior weapons. If they use iron or steel, all you need to do is add sulphur. Or you can weaken the military itself, you have magic, use it at the right time, such as when they're fighting. The more they lose a fight, the perception of military might gets lower and lower. Bandits appear more, foreign countries do more to test the water. At some point, invasions and raids become a daily occurrence that the military can't keep up with, even if they manage to repel most of them. It's just a downward spiral.

6. Perception of government power

To ruin perception of government power, it's fairly simple, but it is a long game. You just need to convince the populace that the government has no power to affect change or carry out reforms or their own orders. This was what happened to the Holy Roman Empire and the various Chinese dynasties prior to the Qing. In the Holy Roman Empire, the electors had so much power that the candidate for the emperor had to keep giving them land and additional privileges just to get support to the point that the emperor ended up with no power, no land except for the capital and no money. They had to rely on the donations by the various nobles that were richer than the Holy Roman Emperor. As the issue spirals further, the various nobles received even more privileges, such as knighting their own nobles, full control over taxation and full power to design their own laws. If they want to break away, the Holy Roman Emperor had nothing to stop them with. He basically had his castle, that's it, and that's not even entirely his castle anymore.

Last edited:

LilTV1155

2. magic specialty

Just a question, how bad is the kingdom exactly and like how bad do you really want the kingdom to be destroyed?
Like 1.)A hole in the castle 2) Broken castle 3) Nuked castle (Total ashes for being asses)