How to write yuri

• Thread starter Deleted member 70892
  • Start date

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
Heh. Simple question for real authors. I did write once, and I cringed so hard at that later. Now how to...

Put yourself into the shoes of a girl who likes other girls. Write from the eyes of one such girl. Men and women think differently. Straight women and gay women also think differently. What attracts them and what their eyes see and what their desires want are also very different.

If you want to write shallow tribadism with cuteness being the main point of your story, go ahead. But understand that lesbianism is not so shallow. A real lesbian would instead accuse you of false misrepresentation and excessive glorification if you write this way.

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
Depends on whether you're aiming for fantasy or realism. If you're going for realism I would research how lesbians do it in real life. If it's fantasy... just use your imagination and put in whatever you want. In a fantasy world you can create erogenous zones that don't exist in real life.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
It's not that hard, I think? It's basically the same as any other Female Protagonist Romance novel, but you have a Female Love Interest instead of a Male Love Interest.

So like... If your main character is unsure about her own preferences on the gender of the other party, you can go into some introspection, you can make her go through a stage of self-denial, about thinking that she is going crazy for feeling the way she does and stuff like that, until she eventually accepts herself and her feelings.

And well, the love interest is also a girl, and she might also go through a similar process, so... Well, do give her the appropriate amount of focus too. Make sure she is well-developed and not just a perfect love interest or whatever. Just standard romance stuff, really.

I dunno, just go read some shoujo and yuri mangas? They have very similar structures and there is a lot of overlap between both genres, really.

D

Deleted member 70892

:blob_cookie:
Depends on your romance:lewd ratio.

:blob_hmm_two:
Romance: lewd ratio = 10:0.
The rest 90% are for arcs and character developments >.>
Get firsthand experience.
W h a t i f I ' m n o t e v e n a g i r l
maybe try watching some yuri anime like
bloom into you
adachi and shimamura
I remembered you from... uh... never mind.
Also where to watch without damn annoying ads
Put yourself into the shoes of a girl who likes other girls. Write from the eyes of one such girl. Men and women think differently. Straight women and gay women also think differently. What attracts them and what their eyes see and what their desires want are also very different.

If you want to write shallow tribadism with cuteness being the main point of your story, go ahead. But understand that lesbianism is not so shallow. A real lesbian would instead accuse you of false misrepresentation and excessive glorification if you write this way.
I have a bad feeling about the rewritten chapters...
Thanks for the recommendations, anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 70892

Have two girls XXX each other, and you’re all set.

D

Deleted member 70892

Firstly, it's 1:0. 10:0 doesn't exist.

Orz, now let's talk. This will take a long route cuz you can't just make them go boobie on each other. Write it as simple romance, they meet each other, become friends, share weaknesses, comfort each others, hug and kiss
Thanks for the recommendations

LillyanaKabal

Why should Yuri be written any differently from anything else? Lesbians are still people. They need no special treatment or scorn.

D

Deleted member 70892

Why should Yuri be written any differently from anything else? Lesbians are still people. They need no special treatment or scorn.
Because yes
Same with yaoi
Firstly, it's 1:0. 10:0 doesn't exist.

Orz, now let's talk. This will take a long route cuz you can't just make them go boobie on each other. Write it as simple romance, they meet each other, become friends, share weaknesses, comfort each others, hug and kiss
Then it would be 100:0 then. No lewds allowed.