I’m Brainstorming a story about a super religious orc who kills people who are impure or unattractive to his religion

Agentt

Thighs
Well, how much into details are you going?

Its fine if he is just killing people who his religion tells him to kill, unless the killing methods are kinda hardcore, in which case a gore warning is enough.

Its even fine to say stuff like
He kills meat eaters

But don't be very specific, it would make viewers a bit upset if you appear to single out a group, like don't say that he killed a man because he followed a god who had elephant as a head, stuff like that might get you in trouble.
Instead, keep details to a vague stand point? Keep other gods as just false gods, don't venture much into other religions, just talk about our orc's religion.

If you do have to give details about other gods, keep them randomized enough. Like the elephant head god I said may trigger some people, but say that he is the god of say, wild life, and people will believe he is randomized. You can add a bunch of more details, like he likes wine made out of lotus nectar

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
Don't play pinpoint the RL religion and it is fine. Just like writing, don't plagiarize but paraphrase and mix and match.

I mean, I use christianity like how Kuro no Maou did, just their horrible inquisition portion and not the entire thing

SakeVision

Sama/kisama
Don't play pinpoint the RL religion and it is fine. Just like writing, don't plagiarize but paraphrase and mix and match.

I mean, I use christianity like how Kuro no Maou did, just their horrible inquisition portion and not the entire thing

OP, don't listen to this advice.

Call it Christianity. No, better. Call it catholicism. Make it so that the orc is a reincarnated catholic priest and he's mortified at no one praying to Jesus in this fantasy world so he took a holy mission upon himself to convert the heathens to one true roman catholic church of Peter the Apostle.

whitesculptor

The princess whispers & the keyboard clacks.
Usually you can even opt for, a dying orc ears a whisper while a Ray of light befall on him, "do you want to live?" Then he says yes, gets a holy mission along with power, some sort of revenge cuz his family got killed, leaving a few survivors of the village or tribe he belongs to, etc etc

AKnightWithaKnife

OP, don't listen to this advice.

Call it Christianity. No, better. Call it catholicism. Make it so that the orc is a reincarnated catholic priest and he's mortified at no one praying to Jesus in this fantasy world so he took a holy mission upon himself to convert the heathens to one true roman catholic church of Peter the Apostle.
I’m a felow catholic and that idea is wonderful!