I Bear a Grudge so Deep and True...

bananapink

The Sickly Banana
Another thing I found irritating recently is the frequent c*ckblocking in CN romance stories. Why can't sexy times be forward? It makes the moment bland, not funny at all. He has poison, he has a cold constitution, he has Gu, he's level is too high (dang it, you'll die!!!) and yet despite all these reasons the author would deliberately make both FL and ML too sticky. WHY?

Any idea why they do this to me????

Thor

Another thing I found irritating recently is the frequent c*ckblocking in CN romance stories. Why can't sexy times be forward? It makes the moment bland, not funny at all. He has poison, he has a cold constitution, he has Gu, he's level is too high (dang it, you'll die!!!) and yet despite all these reasons the author would deliberately make both FL and ML too sticky. WHY?

Pretty sure the authors do this to build up the romantic/sexual tension and dont know another way without cockblocking. Its pretty annoying because it doesnt only happen in CN novels. Sometimes I wonder if they invest more time in fabricating those situations than thinking up fluffy/steamy romance.

bananapink

The Sickly Banana
Pretty sure the authors do this to build up the romantic/sexual tension and dont know another way without cockblocking. Its pretty annoying because it doesnt only happen in CN novels. Sometimes I wonder if they invest more time in fabricating those situations than thinking up fluffy/steamy romance.

Sometimes I wonder if they really know what's hot and what's not. Imagine both main characters are being touchy-feely then suddenly BHAM the moment dies because you know *reasons*.

And why are most male leads described as ascetic and aloof despite growing past twenty? That's not possible at all especially if they are being described as tall, rich, domineering blah blah blah...wow you got yourself some hot monk there or a recipe for BL.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice

Maybe they can't depict it properly because of censorship and stuff?

I mean, I honestly dunno, I never care for R-18 acts unless I'm reading a specifically R-18 novel, and in that case I'd just drop if I wasn't able to read about the act itself, since that's why I picked up the novel in the first place. So uhn... I dunno much about the censorship laws in China, but that'd be my guess.

YuriDoggo

Angery Doggo >ᴗ<
Not related to my novels, but my professor's accents are so heavy and his handwriting sucks. I want a refund on his class.

Nerodith

Not related to my novels, but my professor's accents are so heavy and his handwriting sucks. I want a refund on his class.
Haha, I totally relate.
My english teacher has the worst french accent I've ever heard, it's so distracting I can't focus. And he even makes grammar mistakes...

On the side note, my university will temporarily close next monday to prevent the spreading of the COVID-19, but I have orals and pratical classes tomorrow. Couldn't they have closed it tomorrow? :blob_unamused:

Last edited:

AliceShiki

Haha, I totally relate.
My english teacher has the worst french accent I've ever heard, it's so distracting I can't focus. And he even makes grammar mistakes...

On the side note, my university will temporarily close next monday to prevent the spreading of the COVID-19, but I have orals and pratical classes tomorrow. Couldn't they have closed it tomorrow? :blob_unamused:
:blob_pat_sad: :blob_pat_sad: :blob_pat_sad: :blob_pat_sad: :blob_pat_sad: :blob_pat_sad: :blob_pat_sad: :blob_pat_sad: :blob_pat_sad:

Nerodith

I take back what I said.
They did end up cancelling today's classes as well :blob_party:

NiQuinn

ฅ/ᐠ ̳ .ᆺ. ̳ ᐟ\ฅ ~~ᴺʸᵃᵃ
If anybody here is a translator for Fuyu Neko....can I just say that your system sucks. You have patreon for your translators, great. But *#^*(@&. To split your chapters the way you do makes me so mad.

AliceShiki

If anybody here is a translator for Fuyu Neko....can I just say that your system sucks. You have patreon for your translators, great. But *#^*(@&. To split your chapters the way you do makes me so mad.
You can tag them on NUF if you want! XD

A.P.R.L.

A little grudge I have it's in chinese novels, when the MC has transmigrated in the body of a pitiful cannon fodder or the villainess, why is it that the original main characters are always green tea bitches in disguise?! If you describe the original MC as a white lotus in the original book, then don't give her a hidden personality! It makes no sense! How come the people who read the book never noticed her real personality? Was the novel not about her? Did they never got a look at her thoughts? It wasn't written in her POV, whether in first or third person?!

How does the transmigrated cannon fodder never know about this when she supposedly read the book?!

AliceShiki

A little grudge I have it's in chinese novels, when the MC has transmigrated in the body of a pitiful cannon fodder or the villainess, why is it that the original main characters are always green tea bitches in disguise?! If you describe the original MC as a white lotus in the original book, then don't give her a hidden personality! It makes no sense! How come the people who read the book never noticed her real personality? Was the novel not about her? Did they never got a look at her thoughts? It wasn't written in her POV, whether in first or third person?!

How does the transmigrated cannon fodder never know about this when she supposedly read the book?!
A little!? That's a grudge you can hold deep and true to your heart! This is stinky writing! :blob_thor::blob_thor::blob_thor:

A.P.R.L.

A little!? That's a grudge you can hold deep and true to your heart! This is stinky writing! :blob_thor::blob_thor::blob_thor:
I said a little because usually the book it's interesting enough for me to keep reading despite that, but it's been used so much in so many different webnovels I fear it's an actual trope in chinese literature and that makes me so alsjdoiqwojqwpoqpweok.

Can't CN novels actually have normal people? Why is there always so many green tea bitches trying to trip the MC? Like, their only function it's being mean. I don't get it. At least give her a personality or reason beyond that, not just "I don't like how she looks so I'm going to make her life hell." Guess it's too much to ask :blob_facepalm: :blob_no:

AliceShiki

I said a little because usually the book it's interesting enough for me to keep reading despite that, but it's been used so much in so many different webnovels I fear it's an actual trope in chinese literature and that makes me so alsjdoiqwojqwpoqpweok.

Can't CN novels actually have normal people? Why is there always so many green tea bitches trying to trip the MC? Like, their only function it's being mean. I don't get it. At least give her a personality or reason beyond that, not just "I don't like how she looks so I'm going to make her life hell." Guess it's too much to ask :blob_facepalm: :blob_no:
*hugs* I hate when it seems like getting an actual personality is too much to as the author for... T.T

NiQuinn

ฅ/ᐠ ̳ .ᆺ. ̳ ᐟ\ฅ ~~ᴺʸᵃᵃ
Main protagonists getting into a new area penniless but then....they think of an ingenious idea (NOT REALLY) and suddenly they're millionaires at the drop of a hat.

Damn lazy writing.

AliceShiki

Main protagonists getting into a new area penniless but then....they think of an ingenious idea (NOT REALLY) and suddenly they're millionaires at the drop of a hat.

Damn lazy writing.
At those points I have to wonder why the author even bothered with making the protagonist poor in the first place.

Like... If you wanna make them rich without effort, just make them rich to start with.

NiQuinn

ฅ/ᐠ ̳ .ᆺ. ̳ ᐟ\ฅ ~~ᴺʸᵃᵃ
At those points I have to wonder why the author even bothered with making the protagonist poor in the first place.

Like... If you wanna make them rich without effort, just make them rich to start with.
Right!? I especially get so annoyed when it's a futuristic setting and, for some convenient reason, the futuristic world lacks certain old tech, lacks food choices, and/or has a lack of capable people who can make a certain object that protagonist(s) are hailed as heroes.....

My head hurts just thinking about it :blob_no:

AliceShiki

Right!? I especially get so annoyed when it's a futuristic setting and, for some convenient reason, the futuristic world lacks certain old tech, lacks food choices, and/or has a lack of capable people who can make a certain object that protagonist(s) are hailed as heroes.....

My head hurts just thinking about it :blob_no:
In a futuristic setting...? But we have records on how to do stuff we do nowadays... I can't imagine all the records we have one day disappearing...

Moctemma

Learning about this writing stuff
Yesterday I received a 2 star review on Royal Road. My frustration comes from the fact that just two chapters more and he would have realized I didn't forget the consequences of a certain event (rape). He expected her to be broken, and she is, I planned to show it on the next chapters and explore her past, to see the change in her personality.

Damn it, I understand if he thought I forgot about it and there weren't consequences, if that was the case the 2 stars are well deserved. But aargh is so frustrating, two more chapters, just two more and that review wouldn't exist.