I can predict whether your story will become popular or not

RaizarP

A Giga Chad
I am interested in your feedback. Could you check on my new series as well?

Hathnuz

I am interested in your feedback. Could you check on my new series as well?
Normally, a novel with plain title and premise wouldn't have gotten more than 100 readers after the initial release, even with girls love. But, considering your fame as a Scribblehub author, I guess it's possible. So far, the story's fine. There are some hiccups with grammar, but nothing's too distracting. It's a promising novel.

400-800 readers by chapter 30.

RaizarP

A Giga Chad
Normally, a novel with plain title and premise wouldn't have gotten more than 100 readers after the initial release, even with girls love. But, considering your fame as a Scribblehub author, I guess it's possible. So far, the story's fine. There are some hiccups with grammar, but nothing's too distracting. It's a promising novel.

400-800 readers by chapter 30.
I see, thanks xD

Hathnuz

Heyo! Im new to Scribblehub and I'm probs doing this wrong, but can you pretty please check my fiction? I just started publishing on Monday, and I'm not sure if my numbers are up to the average here.
https://www.scribblehub.com/series/359840/the-king-the-assassin-and-the-villain/
Sorry for being so late :p
I think I've read the novel before on RR. Is it Stormbringer? Why did you change the title?

Well, doesn't matter. For now, the numbers you got is definitely above average mostly due to the 'Harem' tag and being in the front page after the initial release. It'll probably slow down unless you hit trending. Other than that, everything needs improvement. The story is clunky to read as if you were using machine translation. There are also many annoying run-on sentences.

Less than 150 readers by 30 chapters.

ScarletCore

I think I've read the novel before on RR. Is it Stormbringer? Why did you change the title?

Well, doesn't matter. For now, the numbers you got is definitely above average mostly due to the 'Harem' tag and being in the front page after the initial release. It'll probably slow down unless you hit trending. Other than that, everything needs improvement. The story is clunky to read as if you were using machine translation. There are also many annoying run-on sentences.

Less than 150 readers by 30 chapters.
Let’s just say I have a love-hate relationship with my own book, ha. What exactly do you mean by ‘being in the front page after initial release’? Is that the page for new releases? Also, thanks for the advice!

Hathnuz

Let’s just say I have a love-hate relationship with my own book, ha. What exactly do you mean by ‘being in the front page after initial release’? Is that the page for new releases? Also, thanks for the advice!
Yeah, I meant that, and you're welcome.

Bardslog

I'll bite. O' wise Hathnuz! Would my Arthurian series do well on ScribbleHub? Does it need a sprinkle of harem incest stepbro boys love?

Link to the story here

Premise:
The land of Logris, newly united by King Arthur, king of the Britons, has succeeded in carving out a safe place for his people. The Anglo-saxons–who have settled along the east of the island–loom dangerously close as neighbours, while the painted Picts to the north and the yet to be united Irish kingdoms of the west pose dangers as well. King Arthur, and his round table of knights, must defend their realm.

One day, a mysterious damsel was granted an audience with King Arthur, and brought a magical sword that would belong to anyone who could free it from its sheath.

King Arthur failed to unsheathe the weapon, as did all his knights present at his court. However, an ex-convict named Balin was successful in unsheathing the wicked blade Tyrfing. What dangers loom before him and his newly acquired weapon? What misfortune awaits him on his adventures?

Hathnuz

I'll bite. O' wise Hathnuz! Would my Arthurian series do well on ScribbleHub? Does it need a sprinkle of harem incest stepbro boys love?

Link to the story here

Premise:
The land of Logris, newly united by King Arthur, king of the Britons, has succeeded in carving out a safe place for his people. The Anglo-saxons–who have settled along the east of the island–loom dangerously close as neighbours, while the painted Picts to the north and the yet to be united Irish kingdoms of the west pose dangers as well. King Arthur, and his round table of knights, must defend their realm.

One day, a mysterious damsel was granted an audience with King Arthur, and brought a magical sword that would belong to anyone who could free it from its sheath.

King Arthur failed to unsheathe the weapon, as did all his knights present at his court. However, an ex-convict named Balin was successful in unsheathing the wicked blade Tyrfing. What dangers loom before him and his newly acquired weapon? What misfortune awaits him on his adventures?
Nope. The whole novel is just not appealing at all. Historical fantasy might work, but yours won't because it doesn't give what SH readers want nor make them care. Even a sprinkle of harem incest stepbro boys love won't save it (not that it will save any story tbh). The first chapter is hard to read due to lack of spacing.

Less than 100 readers by chapter 30.

Last edited:

Bardslog

Nope. The whole novel is just not appealing at all. Historical fantasy might work, but yours won't because it doesn't give what SH readers want nor make them care. The first chapter is hard to read due to lack of spacing.

Good point about the spacing. Thanks for the honest feedback, much appreciated. Cheers!

Lorelliad

If you love me, tie my hair 🎵
Ooh ooh do me!

Hathnuz

Ooh ooh do me!

Although the premise isn't bad, the execution of it... could be better. The title is mediocre. The synopsis is too long; it reads like an info dump. Same goes for the first chapter. You're dumping so much info in the first paragraph, and that's not all. The pov had switched 3 times very abruptly which is a terrible idea.

Hathnuz

I think i already know the answer but if you have time can you do mine aswell. Knowing the reasons like for telods is always useful.

Chronicles of a Blessed Adventurer | Scribble Hub
Sorry to say, but I find your novel generic regardless the storytelling's quality. The premise is very bland because of the particular revenge plot that is so overdone. There are rarely successful webnovels that start with 'Chronicles of' which means it has bad title, in my opinion. The synopsis is written quite well but still bad due to the premise. As for the first chapter... well, it's fine and reads nicely albeit cliched.

Arthur-67

Sorry to say, but I find your novel generic regardless the storytelling's quality. The premise is very bland because of the particular revenge plot that is so overdone. There are rarely successful webnovels that start with 'Chronicles of' which means it has bad title, in my opinion. The synopsis is written quite well but still bad due to the premise. As for the first chapter... well, it's fine and reads nicely albeit cliched.
Thank you, I can see your point, creating a title is something I have always struggled with, that was the best one I could come up with according to the poll I did.
The revenge premise, did you get that from what you read or the synopsis. Because now I think of it the series has changed so much since I wrote the synopsis that the revenge part doesn't seem that relevant anymore. The monster attack happens, then it's more about him finding his family, maybe one or two lines after that saying he wants to get stronger so he can eventually kill the monster. But other plots emerge and completely change where the stories heading. The monster he wants revenge on has only appeared at the start and likely won't again for another good 300000 words.

Lorelliad

If you love me, tie my hair 🎵
Although the premise isn't bad, the execution of it... could be better. The title is mediocre. The synopsis is too long; it reads like an info dump. Same goes for the first chapter. You're dumping so much info in the first paragraph, and that's not all. The pov had switched 3 times very abruptly which is a terrible idea.

I agree. Thanks :D

Hathnuz

Is this still open?
If it is, please check mine too!
Thank you in advance
Saga of Cosmic Journey
Interesting premise but at the same time not great, just okay. Everything's fine. The first couple of chapters are well-written. However, the story's still too plain to reach high numbers. It's a good story, nonetheless... so far.

Less than 150 readers by chapter 30.

AstraMagically

Interesting premise but at the same time not great, just okay. Everything's fine. The first couple of chapters are well-written. However, the story's still too plain to reach high numbers. It's a good story, nonetheless... so far.

Less than 150 readers by chapter 30.
Thank you for your opinion.
Do you have any advice to make it better?
I would appreciate any thought.

Hathnuz

Thank you for your opinion.
Do you have any advice to make it better?
I would appreciate any thought.
'Better' is relative.

If you want your story to appeal to more readers better, the easy way is just to include litrpg, harem, op protag, etc. (If you're interested in the hard way, pm me)
Or if you meant better as in story's quality, it's simple. Try to make the mc more interesting by writing their flaws, goals, and secrets. That's the bare minimum.