I can predict whether your story will become popular or not

Thorkell_40k

How about mine?!!!! :blob_hide: though I know it won't get popular :blob_unamused:It's just 5 chapters and surely there are mistakes :blob_awkward: here it is!

Kakurenbo

Try mine, it goes like this:

The MC became a king at a young age, due to his responsibilities, challenges, and problems, he wasn't able to experience a normal child and teenage life. However, one night, while defending his country, he almost died at battle, but before he knew it, a has already summoned him before he could die.

The God offered the MC a chance to live an entire new life in another world where he can freely do what he wasn't able to. However, he discovered that his identity and everything about him is not as simple as it seems.

You can read more of it here: https://www.scribblehub.com/series/376458/a-kings-reincarnation/

Dajoe1234

Give me your feedback, I'm 5 chapters in (got 10 written atm) and I got 16 readers.

Johnny is a singer and wants to earn a billion dollar.
He will meet Kat Reid and Hannah Ivanova and fall in love with them. . Margo is Johnny best friend and wants to help him out.
On his way to earning a billion dollar, Johnny will live a lot of adventures, both sexual and non-sexual. Such as fucking and dating two girls at the same time, getting his tv stolen, and almost being raped.

But How will he face the wrath of Christian America doing everything to sabotage his Throuple with the girls?

Excerpt:
Lupe smiled. "We've got your sex tape, Johnny. I always knew something was off with you. You're not a real Christian."
Johnny frowned. "Neither are you"
Lupe laughed. "What would happen if Reverend Pawn found out that his Christian rockstar is fucking girls before marriage? And not just one but two."

Read the Life of Johnny Smith to find out how he'll manage to overcome his demons, internals and externals.
The version published will be the first draft, your feedback is appreciated.
Tags: Smut, Slice of Life, Action, Romance, Mystery, Harem (2 girls 1 guy relationship), Comedy.

Mighty

Give me your story's link and I will give you my feedback and prediction per title above. By popular, I mean reaching 800+ readers on this site (or other places too, if you want) and/or getting into trending. However, don't expect any very detailed opinion because I'm not really much of a critic -- you can visit TheTrinary's or Zirrboy's thread for that. Works best if you haven't written many words or posted on anywhere yet.

Note: Not guaranteed 100% accurate prediction (I'm not a psychic lol). My feedback is derived from my observation and experience as an author for around six years. Also, just because the story have the right genres and tags, doesn't mean it'll become a hit. There are more nuances than that. Lastly, I only give predictions up to 30 chapters.

By the way, feel free to check my novel :blob_reach::
tried reding mine https://www.scribblehub.com/series/...on-lord-in-another-world-with-my-skill/stats/

Hathnuz

I'm back from my long hiatus. I'll continue giving predictions now. Too many stories that I need to go through, so I'll just review the ones that are still active.
Hello! I would really appreciate it if you could take a look at my story. Thank you very much!

Basic Premise:
Girl reincarnates into novel, but she's evil.

Edi: Hi, I posted my 30th chapter today, so I totally understand if you don't want to take a look. However, I would appreciate it if you could check out my premise and tags, and tell me how long you think it'll take to reach your definition of popular :)

While Villainess genre is one of the trending genres in SH, yours is rather too plain to reach popular. Evil protagonists are quite common nowadays. The first chapter is fine but nothing special. Granted, this is just my quick impression of your novel, so take that with a grain of salt.

How long does it take to reach popular? I based it solely on readership (800 readers is the minimum), so in my honest opinion, I predict it will need 6-12 months, assuming you're posting regularly, or maybe 2-4 times hitting trending.
Try mine, it goes like this:

The MC became a king at a young age, due to his responsibilities, challenges, and problems, he wasn't able to experience a normal child and teenage life. However, one night, while defending his country, he almost died at battle, but before he knew it, a has already summoned him before he could die.

The God offered the MC a chance to live an entire new life in another world where he can freely do what he wasn't able to. However, he discovered that his identity and everything about him is not as simple as it seems.

You can read more of it here: https://www.scribblehub.com/series/376458/a-kings-reincarnation/
Same as above, your story is very plain despite the ever so popular OP Isekai genre. The protagonist feels like a generic Gary Stu judging from the synopsis and first chapter. You should create (or advertise) a more unique Gary Stu protagonist at least. Story quality-wise, it's pretty decent so, there's that. You still have a chance of getting into trending.

Park_NamByul

Here's mine. Thank you.

Hathnuz

Here's mine. Thank you.

The emphasis on the rarely seen culture (Indian) is nice, but that alone isn't enough to gain readers. The premise seems to be basic based on your synopsis. It also doesn't have what most BL readers want: romance. That brings us to the lack of Male Lead mentions which any typical BL story would have. Sure, it might have Chinese cultivation style, but that's not important for them. So, basically, your novel is like a normal reincarnation novel except it's BL at quick glance.

The prose is quite well-written. The pacing is a bit slow, but that's just my nitpick.

Below 100 readers by chapter 30.

Last edited:

Park_NamByul

The emphasis on the rarely seen culture (Indian) is nice, but that alone isn't enough to gain readers. The premise seems to be basic based on your synopsis. It also doesn't have what most BL readers want: romance. That brings us to the lack of Male Lead mentions which any typical BL story would have. Sure, it might have Chinese cultivation style, but that's not important for them. So, basically, your novel is like a normal reincarnation novel except it's BL at quick glance.

The prose is quite well-written. The pacing is a bit slow, but that's just my nitpick.

Below 100 readers by chapter 30.
Thanks

Hathnuz

Its on mah signature.
I assume you meant Twin Flames? Because that's the only story that has below 30 chapters. The rewrite doesn't have first chapter yet, so I'll focus on the old one instead.

If that's the case, I think your story has potential... if the first chapter was easier to comprehend. I suppose you already know that hence the rewrite. Moving on, the premise is interesting; twins are rather under utilized trope in here. The synopsis is also fine. The other glaring problem I notice is the title -- it doesn't give enough hints of your story is going to be nor attract readers, although the tags can be the saving grace (btw, you should put Yuri on the genre too for more exposure). As for the cover, it's alright.

200-500 readers by chapter 30.
Traditional Portal Fantasy is outdated for a long time which means your story might not thrive here. The title style is antiquated and that's bad for attracting readers. The synopsis and the cover are fine. The first chapter is... confusing at least for the first half. I'm pretty much on the same boat with TheTrinary so, I'll give my additional opinion: the first half should have been in the Prologue chapter instead of first chapter. If your intention was to hook readers with action, well too bad readers won't really care about fancy action performed by some not-yet-established characters. Personally, my interest piqued only at the mention of Underland since it raises questions. Maybe you should build up the scene first before jumping into action.

Below 100 readers by chapter 30. Pretty good read, I must say, despite the shortcomings.
For a Litrpg, the premise is sure different than the usual in a good way. It does make me wanna read it after reading the synopsis, but I don't know for others, though. I can't say the same when looking at the title, however, because it's dull and vague. Anyway, the first chapter is really great. I like how you world-build while keeping the balance between infodumping and under explaining.

The title could be easily fixed by adding '(A LitRPG story)' or any other variation. You could get more creative than that, like adding a word that's related to flame for example, just my suggestion.

Below 150 readers by chapter 30.

Last edited:

FeetforThoughts

Thanks for the feedback! It's funny, because before I was told there was too much build up of the scene before things got started so trimmed it down :unsure: Everyone's tastes are different I guess:LOL:

lyharbour

I'm back from my long hiatus. I'll continue giving predictions now. Too many stories that I need to go through, so I'll just review the ones that are still active.

While Villainess genre is one of the trending genres in SH, yours is rather too plain to reach popular. Evil protagonists are quite common nowadays. The first chapter is fine but nothing special. Granted, this is just my quick impression of your novel, so take that with a grain of salt.

How long does it take to reach popular? I based it solely on readership (800 readers is the minimum), so in my honest opinion, I predict it will need 6-12 months, assuming you're posting regularly, or maybe 2-4 times hitting trending.

Same as above, your story is very plain despite the ever so popular OP Isekai genre. The protagonist feels like a generic Gary Stu judging from the synopsis and first chapter. You should create (or advertise) a more unique Gary Stu protagonist at least. Story quality-wise, it's pretty decent so, there's that. You still have a chance of getting into trending.
Thank you!

Hathnuz

Hello, would love to hear your thoughts: https://www.scribblehub.com/series/441987/shattered-soul/

Premise: relatively standard Xianxia with a gender-bender twist.

Guy dies in the real world and is reincarnated in a Xianxia world as a girl. He/she has a physically weak body and suffers from common asthma-like attacks (I think that's what I describe?). He/she is eventually bought by a brothel where he/she is able to succeed due to his/her past knowledge of music and eidetic memory. Some things happen and he/she is recruited to a Sect and thus begins the Xianxia.
(This describes the 0th Arc, which has been posted).

Sorry, I genuinely didn't see your post (either my browser didn't load it or it's my brain's fault). I hope you don't mind the late feedback.

Nothing new with the premise but still good enough, plus you can't go wrong with Gender Bender and Girls Love. The prose is good and paced nicely. All in all, I think your story shows promise. I do have concern that it's a bit too dark for GB and GL readers -- I'm not sure, though. The title also could be improved further to attract more readers, maybe something like this: Shattered Soul: A Xianxia Girls Love Story.

150-400 readers by Chapter 30.

Last edited:
Sorry, I genuinely didn't see your post (either my browser didn't load it or it's my brain's fault). I hope you don't mind the late feedback.

Nothing new with the premise but still good enough, plus you can't go wrong with Gender Bender and Girls Love. The prose is good and paced nicely. All in all, I think your story shows promise. I do have concern that it's a bit too dark for GB and GL readers -- I'm not sure, though. The title also could be improved further to attract more readers, maybe something like this: Shattered Soul: A Xianxia Girls Love Story.

150-400 readers by Chapter 30.
No problem. I think it was because my message was under review by moderators because it had links in it (even though they linked back to scribblehub, something that should probably be fixed).

I am definitely going for a rather darker tone, which will continue further into the story. It may just be me, but I think GB can be very interesting to tackle with darker tones (not sure about the GL). Of course, I think the first few chapters weeds out anyone who doesn't want a darker tone.

As for the title, I'm kinda hesitant to add GL (or GB) to try to attract readers, and I'm not sure if I really want the focus to entirely be on either of them either.

Thanks for the feedback!

Topgun1908

Feel free to review whichever you want of the two that are in my signature. The first is a kind of standard fantasy and I wouldn't say it's anything unique but I don't think it's full of cliches.
The second is a more carefree story about a girl who gains the ability to create anything. It kind of has a loose plotline but it's mostly going to be written as a collection of short stories revolving around the main character's new power. I guess it's a slice of life? Idk what tags are really appropriate since I'm just writing whatever I want to for it.