I can predict whether your story will become popular or not

Hathnuz

Welp, sorry for the late reply. I've been busy lately.
Chapter 1

It Seems Like I Got Transmigrated Into An Eroge

Synopsis
I have a brother who's a bonafide Otaku. One time, he introduced me to this game called 'Spirit Infinite'. An Eroge bishoujo game is particularly popular among young lads. Its popularity stems from 15 beautiful heroines.
The game's story revolves around the protagonist named Shin Morino, an idealist of justice and peace. On top of that, a cheat protagonist whose main goal is to stop the world's destruction, but while at it, conquer girls along the way.
Then I, Fukushima Aki, a young adult who died at the age of 19 from a terminal illness. Living in the hospital, nearly my entire teenage life, shackled unto my bed, but that all changed when I died. I was granted a second chance to live a new life. However, that second chance was to live in the world of Spirit Infinite, the same game that my brother introduced to me.
What's more, I'm not even the protagonist but a nobody... With a handsome face? Who am I?
Nonetheless, with this second chance, I will live my life to the fullest!

Genre
ActionAdultComedyEcchiFantasyHaremIsekaiRomanceSchool Life
Tags
Academy BDSM Beastkin Demons Dragons Elves First-time Intercourse Handsome Male Lead Love Interest Falls in Love First Magic Magic Beasts Male Protagonist Monster Girls Mythical Beasts Netori Nudity Obsessive Love Polygamy R-18 Reincarnated into Another World Succubus Sword And Magic Transmigration Transported into a Game World Yandere
Yeah, you just struck gold and nailed everything what makes stories popular in scribblehub with that story. Other than it's tad bit cliched (but good cliche), I have nothing to criticize, so instead, I'll just give you an advice: don't go for netorare no matter what. Overall, 600-800 readers by chapter 30. Might even be able to reach 1,500+ in no time.
I've been working on a new little something called Heaven and Earth (A reference to the Heaven and Earth Society which was the precursor to the Chinese Triads). It's a Wuxia historical dark fantasy action series with psychological and horror elements set vaguely in 1800's Qing China and follows a Shaolin monk that's been trained to fight and kill demons and fallen gods. The protagonist is the only survivor of a massacre caused by his master as part of a sacrifice so he could take the shortcut to becoming a Taoist immortal. the protagonist manages to escape, but he's followed by a sort of metaphysical mark on his soul that makes demons more powerful when near him. The story follows him as he tries to figure out what to do with his life as revenge seems increasingly distant, though he still has yet to let go of a lot of hatred.

I plan on having the story explore dark themes like healing through trauma, holes in Chinese cultural values like face, ethnic divisions in east and central Asia, imperialism, etc. But I also wanna just show off cool shit from Chinese philosophy and religion. Currently I only have one chapter out, but I have a backlog I'm working on.

First chapter: Heaven and Earth
Hmm, interesting. It's been a while since I read this kind of story. Too bad webnovel readers prefer xianxia more than wuxia. Moreover, dark stories tend to be less received compared to lighter ones. The title is also very bland. Overall, less than 100 readers by chapter 30.

By the way, you don't have to add action or dialogue tag every single time a character is speaking. It's fine to not add anything once in every a while.
Synopsis:
He was born in a dark world - a world where souls were traded like coins, and a person’s life wouldn’t amount to much. A demon who'd been born on the battlefield and survived decades there. A demon who began from the bottom of the hierarchy and gradually ascended to the top.

His name was Leraje. Leraje eventually met his death in the hands of the Demon Lords after years of living and battling on the battlefield. At that time, he believed it was the end. But the world had other plans for him. Within the darkness full of despair, the demon finally awakens, only to discover he was reborn as a human!

Waking up to be faced with a string of mysteries, Leraje finds himself reborn as Seth Darkmore, where he sees a world filled with magic, artifacts, guilds, empires, and otherworldly planes. Follow Seth as he explores the hidden organizations, lost realms, sweeping across worlds, vying to become a supreme existence!

Chapter 1: https://www.scribblehub.com/read/262641-lord-of-the-magus-world/chapter/277807/

Hi, i know am past 30 chapters but I would really like a prediction. please? you can just say whether it will become popular or not. Don't hold back!
If you insist.

Even though the premise is fine as it is, it seems you have rewritten and reposted your story, and that will affect your readership (I've experienced it before). Reincarnation alone won't carry your story, so it might take a long time and enormous effort to reach high numbers. It's possible but very unlikely, especially due to the rewrite.

Overall, I don't think it will become popular anytime soon and as always, take my words with grain of salt.

SinOfPride

Even though the premise is fine as it is, it seems you have rewritten and reposted your story, and that will affect your readership (I've experienced it before). Reincarnation alone won't carry your story, so it might take a long time and enormous effort to reach high numbers. It's possible but very unlikely, especially due to the rewrite.

Overall, I don't think it will become popular anytime soon and as always, take my words with grain of salt.
Thanks for replying.
and Yes I've also noticed, my readership has definitely decreased. i wonder why tho? i mean me reposting the story only shows how dedicated I am to the story so why would people go away. Till now I cant understand.
And btw if I do manage to become popular can I come back to this thread and show it off?:sweat_smile:

Hathnuz

Thanks for replying.
and Yes I've also noticed, my readership has definitely decreased. i wonder why tho? i mean me reposting the story only shows how dedicated I am to the story so why would people go away. Till now I cant understand.
And btw if I do manage to become popular can I come back to this thread and show it off?:sweat_smile:
Definitely!

More often than not, readers won't like the rewrite because they have to start all over again, or worse the old one was better. The safest option would be to ask their opinion first before proceeding. I, too, made this mistake, though I was kinda lucky that they still liked the rewrite.

Last edited:

SakeVision

Sama/kisama
Pff, I know my story won't become popular anywhere, because it's not the type of fantasy that appeals to the mainstream. And I'm not saying it as a some sort of hipster elitist who tips fedora on a daily basis, it's just that the central theme in the novel I'm writing right now, linked in my signature, is a pursuit of power.
Sound good, right? That's what all progression fantasy is about, right? That's the gist of cultivation fiction....

However, I have a rather uhhh....peculiar personal philosophy. No matter how well-written my story would be, and I don't consider myself such a good writer at all, it can and will only appeal to a certain niche of people who share my own sensibilities, rather than the general average.
And on top of that it's a so-called slow burner, and most people here and anywhere else prefer instant or only slightly delayed gratification.

D

Deleted member 60050

Oh great one... yeah can I also ask for your powers? I kinda know it'd be bad but I wanna know how bad. Btw, I don't think I'm planning on doing the usual 30+ chapters I'm seeing here alot so your initial prediction will be everything.

Title: SCiON
Genre: Psychological, Sci-Fi, Tragedy
Synopsis(direct copy-paste):

Themes selected:
1. Non-mainstream weapons.
2. Duality of a secret life (The MC live a normal and a secret life)
3. Exploration of Space (Genre: Sci-fi)

A little info:
As mechanized humans called Scions--Rex and O-Dei must help make the voyage to Pluto as smooth sailing as possible while hiding their true identities from the others. With the solar system not appearing how it used to be millennia before, they must quickly adapt lest they slip up or lead the mission to failure.

With such conditions, will they make it to Pluto without resorting to compromise? Will one term outweigh the other to warrant sacrifice? More importantly, they are not the only ones bearing secrets...

bulmabriefs144

Slice of Life stories can actually work, but to be successful, they have to be funny or cute/light-hearted or both. While the premise is unique, it will be hard to get readers if it doesn't have any of those. Also, anthologies aren't really a thing in this site, so I'm pessimistic about this one. I've seen them gain traction, though but not by much.

There are parts of Tales from the Reaper

I gues "anthology" is the wrong word. It's kinda like a series of self-contained stories or vignettes. Some are kinda lightweight cute & sad, others veer toward the horror genre. Of these short stories, Sick GIrl is the most adorable, while Well of Souls is so far the most toward horror genre.

MangoNekros

Welp, sorry for the late reply. I've been busy lately.

Yeah, you just struck gold and nailed everything what makes stories popular in scribblehub with that story. Other than it's tad bit cliched (but good cliche), I have nothing to criticize, so instead, I'll just give you an advice: don't go for netorare no matter what. Overall, 600-800 readers by chapter 30. Might even be able to reach 1,500+ in no time.

Hmm, interesting. It's been a while since I read this kind of story. Too bad webnovel readers prefer xianxia more than wuxia. Moreover, dark stories tend to be less received compared to lighter ones. The title is also very bland. Overall, less than 100 readers by chapter 30.

By the way, you don't have to add action or dialogue tag every single time a character is speaking. It's fine to not add anything once in every a while.

If you insist.

C_P_Tuck

*gasp*

Where did you get that character sheet from? Are you willing to share the source?

virgilknightley

Give me your story's premise, tags, and first chapter's link and I will give you my feedback and prediction per title above. By popular, I mean reaching 800+ readers on this site (or other places too, if you want) and/or getting into trending. However, don't expect any very detailed opinion because I'm not really much of a critic -- you can check TheTrinary's thread for that. Works best if you haven't written many words or posted on anywhere yet.

Note: Not guaranteed 100% accurate prediction (I'm not a psychic lol). My feedback is derived from my observation and experience as an author for around six years. Also, just because the story have the right genres and tags, doesn't mean it'll become a hit. There are more nuances than that. Lastly, I only give predictions up to 30 chapters.

Bucky Drake was living large, recently promoted to manager at his local McDonald's. He'd already achieved life's highest ambition, and was content to just live out the rest of his days in peace, but destiny often doesn't share our plans. One day, a mysterious woman from another world arrives, abducting Bucky against his will, dragging him through an ominous portal...
And he finds himself in an idyllic fantasy world, with new powers and the ability to "Level Up"! Sounds great, right? Not to Bucky, who immediately sets out to realize his new ambition: ignore his calling as the so-called Apex Hero and set up a simple farming operation. But nothing is ever that easy, and soon he finds that his incredible powers and his pure heart make him a beacon to trouble... and a magnet to sexy monster girls!

Ch. 1: https://www.scribblehub.com/read/35...ctuary-an-isekai-gamelit-tale/chapter/357011/

Curious what you think my odds are!!

Hathnuz

Sorry for the late feedback (again). I kinda want to do it sooner, but I decided to wait for the right moment which is today because @virgilknightley for resurrecting the thread.

i can sort of tell the answer myself but screw it, it's free shit, of course I'm taking it
Your guess is probably same as mine. Everything's about the story is niche, but rather good quality. It kinda reminds me of Beastars. I don't have anything to comment on technical aspect. The cover might hinder your readership growth because pencil sketches as a cover makes any work looks amateurish. The art is nice, though, so there's that.

Overall, 100-150 readers by chapter 30.
Oh great one... yeah can I also ask for your powers? I kinda know it'd be bad but I wanna know how bad. Btw, I don't think I'm planning on doing the usual 30+ chapters I'm seeing here alot so your initial prediction will be everything.

Title: SCiON
Genre: Psychological, Sci-Fi, Tragedy
Synopsis(direct copy-paste):

Themes selected:
1. Non-mainstream weapons.
2. Duality of a secret life (The MC live a normal and a secret life)
3. Exploration of Space (Genre: Sci-fi)

A little info:
As mechanized humans called Scions--Rex and O-Dei must help make the voyage to Pluto as smooth sailing as possible while hiding their true identities from the others. With the solar system not appearing how it used to be millennia before, they must quickly adapt lest they slip up or lead the mission to failure.

With such conditions, will they make it to Pluto without resorting to compromise? Will one term outweigh the other to warrant sacrifice? More importantly, they are not the only ones bearing secrets...
There are many problems in your story. First, the title is too bland. The premise is vague -- like, why are they going to Pluto? What would happen if they failed the mission? You should clarify it in the synopsis, not just in chapter 1. The descriptions are lacklustre and nothing much happening in the first chapter.

Overall, less than 100 readers by chapter 30.
Actually okay premise, though not really clear. But, I think your writing style is too emotionless. You could've written it as if the mc was narrating the story since the story is character driven.

Bucky Drake was living large, recently promoted to manager at his local McDonald's. He'd already achieved life's highest ambition, and was content to just live out the rest of his days in peace, but destiny often doesn't share our plans. One day, a mysterious woman from another world arrives, abducting Bucky against his will, dragging him through an ominous portal...
And he finds himself in an idyllic fantasy world, with new powers and the ability to "Level Up"! Sounds great, right? Not to Bucky, who immediately sets out to realize his new ambition: ignore his calling as the so-called Apex Hero and set up a simple farming operation. But nothing is ever that easy, and soon he finds that his incredible powers and his pure heart make him a beacon to trouble... and a magnet to sexy monster girls!

Ch. 1: https://www.scribblehub.com/read/35...ctuary-an-isekai-gamelit-tale/chapter/357011/

Curious what you think my odds are!!
You seem to be an experienced webnovel author. I can see you write a story that cater to both ScribbleHub and RoyalRoad (the farming aspect) readers lol. Honestly, the story has a good future ahead.

Overall, 400-700 readers by chapter 30.
How do I do this? I'm new here. My novel is: Into the Demon Apocalypse: Hell on Earth
Post your novel link.

killwrites

Need motivation
ooh, thanks for resurrecting this thread! i wanted to post here sooner but i thought this thread had died alr.

please do enlighten me with your prediction, here's my sacrifice~

Hathnuz

ooh, thanks for resurrecting this thread! i wanted to post here sooner but i thought this thread had died alr.

please do enlighten me with your prediction, here's my sacrifice~

Japanese LN-style titles usually will do well since not only they stand out, they also convey information without having to click on the story, but yours is the opposite. You might as well use a single-word title, then. The synopsis is fine. As for the premise, well, it's nothing out of ordinary. The pacing is a bit all over the place, though that won't affect your readership very much.

Overall, less than 150 readers by chapter 30.

Last edited:

KittraMcBriar

Hi and thanks for doing this (assuming you’re still doing this)

Novel premise— In a fantasy world with modern technology and magical lightning storms, a struggling artist gets wrapped up in a world of danger and luxury when she falls in love with a brilliant woman who turns out to be much more than human

Some of the tags— girl’s love, monster girls, fantasy, beautiful couple, forced living arrangements, wealthy characters, necromancer, shapeshifters

First chapter- https://www.scribblehub.com/read/293218-stormstruck/chapter/293222/

Hathnuz

Hey, this thread seems cool.

I would love to be enlightened, and I thank you for your dedication to all the aspiring webnovel authors!

Billy Gets Isekai’d, but He’s Gay in a Homophobic World! | Scribble Hub
Although your story ultilizes slightly popular tropes like Isekai and is unique, unfortunately, only very specific readers will read it. Most males don't like boys love and females prefer heavy romance in that genre, so basically the premise is problematic. Everything else is fine, though.

Hi and thanks for doing this (assuming you’re still doing this)

Novel premise— In a fantasy world with modern technology and magical lightning storms, a struggling artist gets wrapped up in a world of danger and luxury when she falls in love with a brilliant woman who turns out to be much more than human

Some of the tags— girl’s love, monster girls, fantasy, beautiful couple, forced living arrangements, wealthy characters, necromancer, shapeshifters

First chapter- https://www.scribblehub.com/read/293218-stormstruck/chapter/293222/
Your story already have more than 30 chapters, but whatever, I'll just give some general feedback based on your story's marketability.

The story's tags are really good for this site (except supernatural). Most stories with those tags would gain 400+ readers, but you seem to be going for YA style novel which is not what most SH readers want. It basically has the right ingredients, but not-so-correct result for this particular site at least. I've got no issues beside that.

KittraMcBriar

Although your story ultilizes slightly popular tropes like Isekai and is unique, unfortunately, only very specific readers will read it. Most males don't like boys love and females prefer heavy romance in that genre, so basically the premise is problematic. Everything else is fine, though.

Your story already have more than 30 chapters, but whatever, I'll just give some general feedback based on your story's marketability.

The story's tags are really good for this site (except supernatural). Most stories with those tags would gain 400+ readers, but you seem to be going for YA style novel which is not what most SH readers want. It basically has the right ingredients, but not-so-correct result for this particular site at least. I've got no issues beside that.
Oops, sorry I missed the 30 chapter detail. Thanks for giving me feedback anyway!

Vicky