I can't even surpass a story that updates zero times a week and only has three chapters

LostLibrarian

And you already surpassed some stories with hundreds of chapters and hundred of thousands of words who never found their target audience.

Just keep at it.
Sometimes it's just that one active user that pushes you into trending and brings you a hundred new readers. Sometimes it's a weird trend that pushes you to the front.
And sometimes we just have to accept, that we write our story for ourselves and not every story will find a massive audience on every site...

Anon_Y_Mousse

Semicolon Enjoyer
I can't surpass my gag story with terrible grammar and barely 3k words on a joke account with my serious work.

Popularity does not equate to good writing, don't use it as a basis for how good you're doing.

Edit: unless you're writing for popularity, in which case, I'm sure you'd find advice for that somewhere on this forum

Last edited:

Leyligne

Holy crap, how did you get all those views? And readers? Dang. I couldn’t come anywhere near those numbers. Trust me, you haven’t failed, you don’t even come close. That there is a smash hit compared to some.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
1635919807106.png

1635919822681.png

it happens

some shit just don't go your way. you either give up or die trying.

if you ask me, i'd die standing.

Lorelliad

If you love me, tie my hair 🎵
Don't think of pleasing the crowd. Just write whatever you want, and your readers will come. Although what the guy above me said is true too. If people see a certain genre/tag on the story, they'll read it. Mostly it's smut, and gender bender or girls love.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
Don't worry about it. I just finished my main series with over 300k words and one story that finished months ago gets around a hundred views a day preventing mine from going up in rank. I know it sucks but we have to deal with it.

if you're going against the current, it's obvious you'd be much slower than the rest. you have a disadvantage, so you either roll with it or take some of the more popular tags and create something out of them and see how you'd fare.

InceTagn

A stranger passing by.
I know that I am bringing some negativity but every time when a story does not meet my expectation I drop it. After some time I will delete it as I completely lost the motivation to go on with it.
Don't be like me, keep working hard.

YuriDoggo

Angery Doggo >ᴗ<
Or do be like Ince and drop every unpopular story! One of us, one of us!

Minx

Procrastinator Mongrel
I know that I am bringing some negativity but every time when a story does not meet my expectation I drop it. After some time I will delete it as I completely lost the motivation to go on with it.
Don't be like me, keep working hard.
It do be like that