I completed a novella. Shelter Rescue.

doravg

104/4001 (too lazy to count the stories again.)
I know I said I will do my best to make Shelter Rescue a 100k words long story, but I tied up all the loose ends without meaning to and the ending came to me as if someone else dictated it. So, it is now finished with 41 chapters, and about 43k words in total. I am happy I managed to convey the messages I wanted to get off my chest in this story. It had its fairy tale moments, but I think I kept it rather serious, for the most part. And it was a BG with actual romance between a man and a woman.

I have no idea if I nailed the romance right. It gave me a happy, warm, feeling as I wrote it and later, when I listened to the chapters. If I have done another fairy tale romance, then, I am sorry. I did do my best, though.

lambenttyto

I have no idea if I nailed the romance right. It gave me a happy, warm, feeling as I wrote it and later, when I listened to the chapters. If I have done another fairy tale romance, then, I am sorry. I did do my best, though.
Noice.

I mean, why artificially stretch it out to 100k anyway? I'm sure it's better just the way it is.

How do you feel about writing an actual fairy tale?

doravg

Noice.

I mean, why artificially stretch it out to 100k anyway? I'm sure it's better just the way it is.

How do you feel about writing an actual fairy tale?
Shelter Rescue is not a fairy tale. The Apple Grotto Nymph and Annie and the Rice Quest are. But I get this warm feeling when I write fairy tales. Like I have a weight taken off my chest.

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
Shelter Rescue is not a fairy tale. The Apple Grotto Nymph and Annie and the Rice Quest are. But I get this warm feeling when I write fairy tales. Like I have a weight taken off my chest.
Are most of your works written in similar style to Annie and the Rice Quest?

doravg

Are most of your works written in similar style to Annie and the Rice Quest?
Do you mean spacing and paragraphs? Or me trying to write wholesome stories with good characters that give people warm feelings all the time? I think they all border the fairy tale style. But I do have a couple that are darker in nature.

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
Do you mean spacing and paragraphs? Or me trying to write wholesome stories with good characters that give people warm feelings all the time? I think they all border the fairy tale style. But I do have a couple that are darker in nature.
Styling as in the way you describe characters and the pacing. Tone.

lambenttyto

How come you don't have the Apple Grotto Nymph in your list of series?

Edit: I'm dumb. Didn't notice page two.