I didn't post a new chapter and my novel went to trending?

Not_A_Symphony

Picasso 2.0
Hey everyone, so I woke up from my deep slumber and realized that my novel had reached #5 in trending on the website but I only post a chapter on Tuesdays and Saturdays. Today is Monday so I didn't do any updates. I didn't particularly get a lot of comments or likes on the chapter itself so I really would like to know how did my story reach trending?
I know that if you publish often you get more readers and then that allows you to be in trending but since I didn't I am very confused as to why that happened.
Thank you for your time and stay safe :blob_hide::blob_uwu:

Saileri

Your Friendly Neighborhood IT Guy
Trending goes a day back. If you post today, you have a chance to get into trending on Wednesday. So, if you posted on Saturday, that's why you got it on Monday. Simple. Data is being taken from a single day, then there's a day of rest, and then that data is used for trending.

Not_A_Symphony

Picasso 2.0
Gratz on trending
Thank you very much kind fellow! :blob_happy:
The exact criteria used for Trending isn't available to public btw, so anything someone says about how it works is just guesswork on their end.

Anyways, don't worry too much about it, just be happy that you got there~
Yeah I tried searching for it since I thought it was based on how many chapters you posted but there was no news except that they changed the Trending system, but no one seemed to know how it exactly worked. I am very happy to see my novel trending, I was not expecting it to happen at all, I was just curious as to if someone knew the reason behind it since I didn't do anything different than what I've been doing so far :blob_hmm: But thank you very much for your help and yes I shall enjoy my small moments of fame to the fullest :blobspearpeek:
Trending goes a day back. If you post today, you have a chance to get into trending on Wednesday. So, if you posted on Saturday, that's why you got it on Monday. Simple. Data is being taken from a single day, then there's a day of rest, and then that data is used for trending.
Thank you very much for this information! That might have been the reason but I'm sure there are other types of criteria involved that are not disclosures to the public to prevent abuse on the system :sweat_smile:

Not_A_Symphony

Picasso 2.0
I just keep writing, I have no frame of reference for what is good or bad in a novel statistically. Maybe my book is doing good, maybe it isn't. I've managed to sit in the 30s-40s though.
Yeah, I completely understand you, that's what I've also been doing, just writing what I like for the past months. Regarding what is good or bad in a novel, it all comes down to the theme you are using. Right now, Isekai's, Smut, and LitRPG are what's most trending so if your novel doesn't comply with either it will be a bit tougher to get on the Trending but that doesn't mean you can (I've seen several novels there that don't fit that theme, mine included).
And personally, one thing I've noticed is that if the majority of the new readers you have stick to the first chapters, it means something is amiss, most likely some crucial errors, or something else in the between. But, at the end of the day, what's important is that you have fun writing!
Also, congrats on reaching the 30's/40's! That's incredible and a great sign! :blobtaco:

Just a pat on back, and congratulations
Thank you very much, kind sir! :blob_happy:

Sylverius

Old name: Sylphias
I didn't particularly get a lot of comments or likes on the chapter itself so I really would like to know how did my story reach trending?
Most likely, many people just became curious about your story and heck maybe even stayed up to the latest.
I know that if you publish often you get more readers and then that allows you to be in trending but since I didn't I am very confused as to why that happened.
PAIN-PEKO. I wanna reach trending once at least :blob_teary:

Still, congrats mate! Have a choccy milk!

Not_A_Symphony

Picasso 2.0
Most likely, many people just became curious about your story and heck maybe even stayed up to the latest.

PAIN-PEKO. I wanna reach trending once at least :blob_teary:

Still, congrats mate! Have a choccy milk!
Yeah maybe that was it, sadly I will never know, it is one of those matters that will go straight into the void... :blobspearpeek:

If you write an Isekai, LitRPG or Smut / Gender Bender your changes or going trending increases since those are the types of novels that are currently more popular and, I think that if you publish more often you will get a higher chance of reaching trending! So good luck! You got this :blob_aww:

Thank you very much! *drinks choccy milk and warms up nuggies in the oven* :blob_cookie:

xluferx

Feels like it has the same algorithm of YouTube recomendations

Not_A_Symphony

Picasso 2.0
Eh trending is a crap shoot I still don’t understand it
I think they might have a specific algorithm but it seems random and maybe that's why we can't figure it out! Either ways, it is better to not bother, if you are lucky enough to go trending then that's awesome! If not, #Keep Grinding! :blobtaco: :blob_melt: