I forgot just how hard it hits when you finish a good novel

TotallyHuman

It's good to be home.
I revisited my favourite novel recently, and when I finished it again, I felt so empty and sad, yet gratified. It was a very bittersweet experience to read the last few pages, it felt like saying goodbye to a long-time friend, or moving to a completely different place, to open a new chapter of life. Who am I lying to? I felt even more emotional than even when I did the the other things I listed. It felt like I watched a world end, even if it was a very happy ending. I hadn't read anything "serious" in a long time before that, so I forgot how difficult it was to end reading a novel. I'll probably take a break for a day or two at least after this.

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
I revisited my favourite novel recently, and when I finished it again, I felt so empty and sad, yet gratified. It was a very bittersweet experience to read the last few pages, it felt like saying goodbye to a long-time friend, or moving to a completely different place, to open a new chapter of life. Who am I lying to? I felt even more emotional than even when I did the the other things I listed. It felt like I watched a world end, even if it was a very happy ending. I hadn't read anything "serious" in a long time before that, so I forgot how difficult it was to end reading a novel. I'll probably take a break for a day or two at least after this.
What did you read?

aimless

Wanderer of Forums
I have been keeping up with this one novel since september, it ended like 2 weeks ago

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
Happens. Do something else, wait a few days and you're back to nominal.

Now create something as good as Umineko, if you dare.

sereminar

This! So much this! It's like having a small part of yourself torn out after it was slowly changed and made anew. God i love getting lost in a great story but coming down from that high can be so rough, even if it's worth it