I got a thought experiment here

Agentt

Thighs
I actually tried writing such a scenario once. The world was where smut is common and lewd things can be done in public. The Demon Lord attacks the place, killing everyone and kidnapping the ladies. After that, he was supposed to take up the sword to fight him, but I can't figure out how to make my character not sad anymore that his family has died.

ConcubusBunny

Chaotic lewd enby bunny. They/them
I actually tried writing such a scenario once. The world was where smut is common and lewd things can be done in public. The Demon Lord attacks the place, killing everyone and kidnapping the ladies. After that, he was supposed to take up the sword to fight him, but I can't figure out how to make my character not sad anymore that his family has died.
I'm not too great at this, but throw my hat and say that don't. Run the sadness, milt it! Don't shy away from such topics, but not too hard to the fact that the audience is looking at a crybaby, but don't shy away from showing your character is vulnerable.
To stop the sadness get some support characters in his life to assist him, or let him have some words from an old friend.
You could also due a trop or plot point where he pushes those feelings down till they bubble again fueling his rage toll they explode giving bits of backstory of them and him showing how much they meant to him and for the audience to feel what he feels at ta moment in time.

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
While creating a series that I'm working on and getting well into the story I began to question and wonder, how will other people approach the same premise that I have or what changes they might have for it so I've made this thread.

The prompt is simple: Your mc(s) gets reincarnated into a smut fantasy sci-fi world.
The world has all sorts of power systems unique to am individual, but nothing too op cause that's boring.
They are transported there by some powerful primordial being, due to [the reason or method of being Isekai is your choice] where they give them a second chance of life.

In this new world to they are find themselves in they are brought with a preposition of sorts, a series of events led them to discover about the occupation of mercenary streamer.
Which is on the grey area of legality, usually only sorta legal cause the world government is dead and replaced with corpo's that run each section of the globe.
They use this method to carryout their field works they may or may not be morally right.
Your character(s) gets interested in this prospect and gets invested in it in someway; either as working as a corpo, freelancer or a rebel that opposes the society and fights for freedom from the oppressive corporations.

I want to see how you take this concept and spin it anyway you wish.

Also ps. I'm not looking for plot ideas this time just thought that this might be fun.
Isn’t like corpo anarchy world what Mencius and NRX wants? Lol
42785907-85BE-4B85-BE8A-CA474C7CB5A6.jpeg

Zirrboy

Fueled by anger
Oh I guess I shoulda explained this in the post right?

Well it means a mercenary that does, well, mercenary work, but instead of doing it in secret it is streamed live for the audience to support the merc on their mission real time.

Got inspired by the work of @Onehand_Writer latest work, death tube and vtubers.
That was my first assumption. I just wanted to make before I tell you it means that your characters would be retarded.
It's not just plebs that can watch their position and state in real time, but also the other side. The process of sending itself makes them easy targets and even limiting the availability to your own faction ignores espionage for corp/rebels while the mercs would leave data for extensive combat analysis in the hands of potential future adversaries.

ConcubusBunny

That was my first assumption. I just wanted to make before I tell you it means that your characters would be retarded.
It's not just plebs that can watch their position and state in real time, but also the other side. The process of sending itself makes them easy targets and even limiting the availability to your own faction ignores espionage for corp/rebels while the mercs would leave data for extensive combat analysis in the hands of potential future adversaries.
Yeah I thought of that, but it only works for while already on mission do no personal information leaked or much data given at the very least the person could by chance check that the streamer is sneaking into their base or liar except theirs like hundreds of thousands that don't exactly market themself openly of they ain't a corpo so not exactly easy to find easily, the whole point of this anyway is for entertainment of sending a message that course not many rebels do and yes I intend to point out the potential to threat to their information made used against a few popular merc streamers in the series.

Zirrboy

Fueled by anger
Yeah I thought of that, but it only works for while already on mission do no personal information leaked or much data given at the very least the person could by chance check that the streamer is sneaking into their base or liar except theirs like hundreds of thousands that don't exactly market themself openly of they ain't a corpo so not exactly easy to find easily, the whole point of this anyway is for entertainment of sending a message that course not many rebels do and yes I intend to point out the potential to threat to their information made used against a few popular merc streamers in the series.
I doubt the respective factions would spare effort in utilizing this information source and with automated searching, it would probably be possible to handle the amount.

ConcubusBunny

I doubt the respective factions would spare effort in utilizing this information source and with automated searching, it would probably be possible to handle the amount.
Alright imma level with you I thought of a cool idea for something and just ran with it, I do however realize the obvious plot hole that arises with this which would be explained actually, for a single reason actually, the corpo's have done a non streamer gathering type thing where they won't openly find information on the streamer that on the net mostly cause a huge portion of the popular ones are all corpo so wouldn't make much sense.

It's not so much so that I just forgot or pretend that it's problem to be open about something like this or that it doesn't exist or not there it's more like they are aware of this and still go on ahead cause it's very lucrative.

Also there is the high chance streamer being put in critical conditions of dying on stream due to the mission.