I got a thought experiment here

ConcubusBunny

Chaotic lewd enby bunny. They/them
While creating a series that I'm working on and getting well into the story I began to question and wonder, how will other people approach the same premise that I have or what changes they might have for it so I've made this thread.

The prompt is simple: Your mc(s) gets reincarnated into a smut fantasy sci-fi world.
The world has all sorts of power systems unique to am individual, but nothing too op cause that's boring.
They are transported there by some powerful primordial being, due to [the reason or method of being Isekai is your choice] where they give them a second chance of life.

In this new world to they are find themselves in they are brought with a preposition of sorts, a series of events led them to discover about the occupation of mercenary streamer.
Which is on the grey area of legality, usually only sorta legal cause the world government is dead and replaced with corpo's that run each section of the globe.
They use this method to carryout their field works they may or may not be morally right.
Your character(s) gets interested in this prospect and gets invested in it in someway; either as working as a corpo, freelancer or a rebel that opposes the society and fights for freedom from the oppressive corporations.

I want to see how you take this concept and spin it anyway you wish.

Also ps. I'm not looking for plot ideas this time just thought that this might be fun.

Last edited:

RavenRunes

Filth Wizard
While creating a series that I'm working on, and getting well into the story, I began to question and wonder how other people will approach this same premise that I have, or what changes they might have for it.

The prompt is simple: your mc(s) get reincarnated into a smut fantasy sci-fi world with all sorts of power systems unique to an individual, but nothing too op, cause that's boring by some powerful primordial being due to [your choice] where they give them a second chance of life. At the new world, they are brought with a preposition of sorts, a series of people that have the occupation of mercenary streamer, which is on the grey area of legality usually only sorta legal, cause the world government is dead and replaced with corpo's that run each section of the globe and use this method to carryout their field work. Your character (s) get interested in this prospect and gets invested in it in someway, either as working as a corpo, freelancer or a rebel that opposes the society and fights for freedom from the oppressive corporations.

Also ps. I'm not looking for plot ideas this time just thought that this might be fun.
Commas provided
Couldn't provide much feedback for it as I didn't understand most of it. If it's smut, are any of these new powers related to that? Such as the ability to tailor your dick size to the recipient??

TotallyHuman

It's good to be home.
Well, I would go like...
smut fantasy sci-fi world with all sorts of power systems unique to am individual
I would take out smut. I don't like writing it, besides, since it's a dystopia, it isn't going to be sexy. I will double down on grossness, in fact. Powers unique to an individual... Eh, I don't like this idea much. That seems very complicated to come up with balanced unique powers, besides, it sets up a theme of individual vs society and I basically believe that individual would always lose. I will use some magic/technology instead.
by some powerful primordial being due to [your choice]
If it's sci-fi fantasy then I would go for an AI or aliens, not some primordial being.
the world government is dead and replaced with corpo's that run each section of the globe and use this method to carryout their field work
... That requires a lot of world building. Thankfully (?), we already have many examples of extreme monopolies in the world history (and the wmodern world as well). It wouldn't take much time to world build. One idea I'll try to spin around is that the world is ending, the environment is dying, the space is full of rubbish and humanity is doomed, so in such a situation of extreme lack of resources (even the most basic ones like water and oxygen), it would be natural for some feudalism-like regime to rise.
your character (s) get interested in this prospect and gets invested in it in someway, either as working as a corpo, freelancer or a rebel that opposes the society and fights for freedom from the oppressive corporations.
Does my character need to get interested? I like it when trouble finds my characters, not when they seek it out. I'd start with them getting shocked/depressed/lost from a drastic change in environment. Then I'd make trouble find them. I don't like black and white depictions, so morality will not be obvious. The corporations might be necessary, the rebels might be either mad or scheming to replace corporations without adding anything to the table and the average person is just not worth saving, not like that could even be an option in the first place. I'd try to make it as bleak and hopeless as I could.

ConcubusBunny

Powers unique to an individual... Eh, I don't like this idea much. That seems very complicated to come up with balanced unique powers, besides, it sets up a theme of individual vs society and I basically believe that individual would always lose. I will use some magic/technology instead.
Hey just wanted to tell you that I love the way you analyzed the premise and gave nice world building analysis and plot grafting, but I do want to preface on the unique power thing that I had.
There is a reason why I said unique powers it's mostly cause the series I want to create is an oc dump of mine, and other people's OC's that I got inspired by, all having different power systems.

How that all ties to make a coherent poser system is quite simple give a very clear set of rules and hard coded unspoken laws for each character it's not so much as coming up with unique power system as just using magic, tech, esp, spiritual power and superpowers like mutations and what have you.

Last edited:

JayDirex

While creating a series that I'm working on and getting well into the story I began to question and wonder, how will other people approach the same premise that I have or what changes they might have for it so I've made this thread.

The prompt is simple: Your mc(s) gets reincarnated into a smut fantasy sci-fi world.
The world has all sorts of power systems unique to am individual, but nothing too op cause that's boring.
They are transported there by some powerful primordial being, due to [the reason or method of being Isekai is your choice] where they give them a second chance of life.

In this new world to they are find themselves in they are brought with a preposition of sorts, a series of events led them to discover about the occupation of mercenary streamer.
Which is on the grey area of legality, usually only sorta legal cause the world government is dead and replaced with corpo's that run each section of the globe.
They use this method to carryout their field works they may or may not be morally right.
Your character(s) gets interested in this prospect and gets invested in it in someway; either as working as a corpo, freelancer or a rebel that opposes the society and fights for freedom from the oppressive corporations.

Ok, the issue with this prompt is that is says "Your mc(s)." The issue being that it isn't the AUTHOR who would decide what the MC's do. But the characters. Which leads me too:

AUTHORS, PAY ATTENTION ^_^ !

Characters that serve the plot are way less interesting than those that motivate the plot.

If you have a character that's real (They are fleshed out, you know him) Than if you put him in certain situations he will write the story FOR YOU because how he reacts in the situation is what he will do. And if you have a character that is a certain way, and you try to force him into a plot, it may come off as inauthentic.

ConcubusBunny

Well I did
Ok, the issue with this prompt is that is says "Your mc(s)." The issue being that it isn't the AUTHOR who would decide what the MC's do. But the characters. Which leads me too:

Characters that serve the plot are way less interesting than those that motivate the plot.

If you have a character that's real (They are fleshed out, you know him) Than if you put him in certain situations he will write the story FOR YOU because how he reacts in the situation is what he will do. And if you have a character that is a certain way, and you try to force him into a plot, it may come off as inauthentic.
Well I did say that you had freedom to do with the premise as you please, just gave an idea and wanted to see how other's will take the story if they thought of it

Theirl

SHHS detainee no. 0004
ok listen i had this idea while using the bathroom so its gonna be good

more or less the gist of the story

in this sci fi(no smut cause i dont like to write it) the world killed god, and separated him in 6 ultra AI/hardware, after using those 6 corporations rose to power. the MC in the story was summoned/reincarnated by the 7º piece of god to recover the other 6 parts that was transformed in AI/hardware so he can bring balance to the world.

about power, most people in the world conect them self via neural link and use AI's to help them control their powers, those under the big 6 have an advantage, seeing that they can acess some of the process power of the Great AI's to somewhat improve their power. the mc will in the start have an advantage via the 7º AI, even tho its energy is depleted after summoning mc, but not enough to compete with other big players in the market. So to become stronger, and because of how easy was to become one, the mc became a mercenary streamer.

Since im a bit lazy , the power of the protagonist will be store and release kinectic energy, but he can only store the energy that he himself created. The release of this energy will be on any part of his body and in objects that are in contact with him.I want all power in the world to have an obvious downside or requirement to balance it

SailusGebel

If I have the freedom to do with the premise whatever I want, I will take away the power systems. A unique power with unique ways to power up is much easier to pull off. It's easy to mess up numbers. But, most importantly, numbers may and probably will attract people who would nitpick the shit out of your systems, how to abuse it, loopholes, and so on.

If I had to write something with such a premise, I would put my comfort above other things. Yes, you should probably leave your comfort zone to grow as an author. However, I'm not sure if writing about power systems or writing a LitRPG would help me grow. And I'm much more comfortable spending my time on actually writing stuff than thinking of tabulations and rules and keeping track of them.

ConcubusBunny

If I have the freedom to do with the premise whatever I want, I will take away the power systems. A unique power with unique ways to power up is much easier to pull off. It's easy to mess up numbers. But, most importantly, numbers may and probably will attract people who would nitpick the shit out of your systems, how to abuse it, loopholes, and so on.

If I had to write something with such a premise, I would put my comfort above other things. Yes, you should probably leave your comfort zone to grow as an author. However, I'm not sure if writing about power systems or writing a LitRPG would help me grow. And I'm much more comfortable spending my time on actually writing stuff than thinking of tabulations and rules and keeping track of them.
I wasn't thinking of litrpg table number power systems as more of simply person a has the magic element of ice and person b has the esper ability of bending space and person c has the mutant power to bend physics of a certain thing that they touch; stuff like that, of course all varying in class limits and universal rules.

So not exactly numbers to nitpick and more of feats to observe and theorize

SailusGebel

I wasn't thinking of litrpg table number power systems as more of simply person a has the magic element of ice and person b has the esper ability of bending space and person c has the mutant power to bend physics of a certain thing that they touch; stuff like that, of course all varying in class limits and universal rules
It's just that you wrote different power systems, not different powers. It was my misunderstanding, sorry.

ConcubusBunny

Now a question of my own. What do you mean by "mercenary streamer"?
Oh I guess I shoulda explained this in the post right?

Well it means a mercenary that does, well, mercenary work, but instead of doing it in secret it is streamed live for the audience to support the merc on their mission real time.

Got inspired by the work of @Onehand_Writer latest work, death tube and vtubers.

It's just that you wrote different power systems, not different powers. It was my misunderstanding, sorry.
It's Cool. I guess I should have been more clear bon all honesty. I was thinking that all powers that are usually separated or held off for other series could mixed in this one which each having advantages and disadvantages depending on the power.

Last edited:

georgelee5786

2024 Shovel Duel Champion
Commas provided
Couldn't provide much feedback for it as I didn't understand most of it. If it's smut, are any of these new powers related to that? Such as the ability to tailor your dick size to the recipient??
Agentt, the master of commas

RICHIESPIDER505

This sound interesting to read actually.My thought have this first depending reincarnated as baby or adult.If the mc was baby i while check what gender she/he, and check the mc family poor or rich case it will change my opinion if want be freelance or something between. If I was reincarnated Adult that depends on their like reincarnated in dead person or reincarnated body someone created for u as for what will I be a freelance case I know nothing of this world.I get other thoughts but n the matter but it depends on the plot and the mc

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme

just dont make them too crazy because you wont know what they'll do until you get there and instead of doing the normal thing and overcoming problems through the power of friendship, they'll start using drugs on everyone or some shit.

Holy fuck my writing got weird when i still did weed....

as a humble bard, the answer is always to fuck your way to the top.

Its smut. What else is there? My MC is gonna take all kinds of honies to pound town, which will eventually backfire on him as his womanizing and adulterous lifestyle leads him to be chased by all kinds of disgruntled, influential fathers and enraged wealthy husbands.

He'll be caught, tortured, and eventually KILLED. Luckily, he simply transmigrates to another world and becomes the Heavenly Emperor of the Thousand Realms who is struck down by his lovers as he attempts the ascension to a higher plane, none of them willing to lose him. But their efforts unexpectedly cause a backlash which causes your God Spark to implode and send your soul back to that second world.

Regenerating your wounds, you....

....blah blah blah, you know how this shit goes.

Sorry, i got bored

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I'd get hit by the same truck my dead boyfriend got hit with in 2015 and reunite with him in that world so we could work together.

NitroxDarks

I got lost in the 'cannot be overpowered because that's boring'. To me, if a mc is not overpowered, they HAVE to excel in something, even if it's just something ridiculous like playing with dices, otherwise, why would people want to read a side-character's development? Hell, a novel I've read of cultivation where the MC can put down people of even more than one higher realm than him by employing a really well thought, executed and achieved special 'way', killing them instantly while he was much weaker. But he's not op, because someone 'decent' enough that is in his same level can force him to fight seriously; yet, he only fights to the 'bitter end' with someone of a higher -but not so much- level.