I Had A Hard Time Writing A Narrative.

D4isuke

Depressed Pervert who loves writing good smut.
I was confusing over third person limited and third person omniscient since they are usually my favorite type to open up both opposing sides, but whenenver I go for Third POV limited, I always end up going for Third POV omniscient. Man, I feel guilty to transverse my storytelling since I plan on two-three protagonists within the story.

Also, is it okay to narrate thoughts in simple style? Whenever "Show, don't tell" rule comes up in my mind, I always resist to write a simple, understandable narrative paragraph other than professional-looking style paragraph which I really facepalm to myself.

D

Deleted member 29316

Try to write your ideas first, and then edit it to your liking when done.

The 'show, don't tell' rule is effective, but don't let it limit your style in writing. There were times that you need to tell that part of the story, instead of showing, and vice versa.

My suggestion is you show the important scenes, and tell the less important ones.

D

Deleted member 29316

As for the POVs, whenever I write in Third-Person Limited, I always imagine myself in the shoes of that person, but when I write his actions, I always use the pronouns 'he', 'she', or 'it'. A third-person limited POV is usually a first-person POV written using the third-person pronouns (based on my experience).

D4isuke

As for the POVs, whenever I write in Third-Person Limited, I always imagine myself in the shoes of that person, but when I write his actions, I always use the pronouns 'he', 'she', or 'it'. A third-person limited POV is usually a first-person POV written using the third-person pronouns (based on my experience).
I'm curious, is it okay for third person limited to have "Meanwhile" as a sign to switch POV (core characters) behind one main protag to work on his own way?

D

Deleted member 29316

I'm curious, is it okay for third person limited to have "Meanwhile" as a sign to switch POV (core characters) behind one main protag to work on his own way?

Yep, it's pretty normal for that, though if I may suggest, you should put a divider between this character A and character B, so that the readers would be aware that you shifted views. Don't write their views in a single chapter subdivision, or you'll confuse the readers.

A normal line or a group of dashes should work.

D4isuke

Yep, it's pretty normal for that, though if I may suggest, you should put a divider between this character A and character B, so that the readers would be aware that you shifted views. Don't write their views in a single chapter subdivision, or you'll confuse the readers.

A normal line or a group of dashes should work.
Well I tend to write it like "Meanwhile, (Character B) did this while (Character A) did that."

D

Deleted member 29316

You could do it like this...

"Character A took his gun and pointed it to character B.

-----

Meanwhile, frozen in shock, character B was dumbfounded and unable to move."

As for me, I use first-person POV, and then would shift from third-person limited or third-person omniscient from time to time. But before I shift views, I make sure that I put enough dividers (like a set of dashes or a line and '**Character Name**').

If you include both of their views in one subdivision, it would amount to Third-Person Omniscient style.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Fuck da police and write what you want!!!

*use condom, though. I did.

D

Deleted member 29316

No-one truly appreciates how useful this little line is

Well, that's how I use it whenever I shift POVs, or more commonly, when I divide a chapter.

Sometimes, I use a plain black line provided by the platform itself.

atgongumerki

When I think about third-person limited, I like to think about some random onlooker describing what they took away from the interaction. And that is what I try to do!
But since I am a novice, I lack the skills to convey all the necessary information, thus I pity my readers for the torture I put them through.