I hate genres

Ymadthepirate

Professional Bitch Faggot in da house
Ok let me explain I will list some genres and tell you why their annoying

-Isekai,uses the most overused cliches I've ever seen why should I care that this dude is fighting our purple haired, boring nearly annoying protagonist I just don't care. Then the protagonist steamrolls everyone on the planet and its boring then he gets the most annoying group of characters to follow him around if i had a harem this annoying i would fight the demon king and use them as meat shields.

-Horror- Chucky, Jason, Freddy Kruegar bruh these things rely on gore and shock value, they also have those horror movie stereotypes of the most thirsty teens on the planet good night can all not, then the man responsible for like 1,000 deaths have some backstory like IDC. Psychological horror is alright i guess except when they rely too much on not answering questions and putting pentagrams every chance they get dawg your not cool because you worship satan

-Comedy - My favorite genre can also be the most annoying there is nothing and I mean nothing worse than an unfunny comedy they just pain me for example a youtube I watch did a good job explaining it -
only watch the first 10-20 minutes of it and you'll get my point. and people who do comedy can be sooo meanspirited, I have nothing against meanspirited humor its when creators are like "shut up you snowflake" then I'm sick of it.

Dramas/Sad storys - Not a genre but still added here Sad stories can be so boring and they always have this Tyler Perry thing going on, like oh no Cousin Jack just died, then two episodes later Big mom just died. half the times I aint even sad im laughing by how hard they try to make this serious, and they got like oh no my husband of 12 years is in a cult, along with my brother btw my husband is cheating on me with another dude who looks just like me I'm like idc

(new) Zombie Apocalypse - In 2012 - 2015 we had tons and i mean tons of zombie apocalypse shows and games so I feel comfortable when i say zombie apocalypse can be so intriguing and so dumb. First elephant out of the room the man who gets bit and doesn't tell anyone, dawg why? you risked everyones life and honestly thats kinda selfish. Then they pull the classic man was the true evil all along man was the evil one, not the braineating zombies, cause they got some garbage humans who are worse than the zombies the human who pushes another human into a horde cause he felt like it, the human who has a life time supply of food but doesnt share, the human who causes pointless drama. Man being the true evil is fine I guess but so cliche and so random sometimes.

Name a genre so I can ruin it

Last edited:

Ymadthepirate

Fantasy is kindof broad term since Adventure time, Berserk, spongebob, harry potter can all kinda be considered fantasy but that makes this easier first off those types of fantasy thast like "I'll add greek, Jewish, Japanese, Chinese, Middle eastern mythology making it look more of a hodgepog than america", when they do get it to work they'll let you know this is fantasy and they will drag on forever trying to get one thing out. Main charectar loses his pegasus I gotta wait three arks for him to get it back so the creator can kill it off, it wastes my time, then they have the final boss the main antagonist and hes more boring than all the other villians top him off with a sad backstory, and boom the villian can also just be Cthulu or whatever and i'm like yall stop. Then they have Gods like Zeus and the gods are either so unimportant why introduce them or just steal the show and make our main charectars benchwarmers I can go on but I don't want it to be too long think of this as part one, and they can last thousands of chapters and they even can become more repatative than Comedy which is something I thought id never say. This doesnt apply to ever fantasy but yeah

Last edited:

Ymadthepirate

Romance can be one of the most toxic genres ever if its written by a guy it´ll be 6 page descriptions on how hot a girl is so the man can stroke his own ego, if written by a female we have super toxic, rude, alpha male should be arrested breaks restraining orders,presonal space terrible human but girls ind this toxic behavior hot. In both genres we have sir butthurt his whole purpose is to just complain about having no girlfriend and just annoy the audience for six pages, that dude annoys me or you have the third wheel as one of my fav youtubers terrible writing advice said you can add a love triangle into every story. my favorite part is when they kill of the other competition but love triangles are too boring how about a love dodecahedron, Im just kidding those are headaches to read. Romance can also include forced love, will they won they, making no sense whatsoever, bad messaging and can even encourage men to be toxic and encourage women to only think about their looks amen, and dont make me comment on the will they wont they or that thing they do at the end of books where their like time to marry off all the characters then they grab some girl we say in the second ark and some thief character and they never interacted but forced them to get together.

Last edited:

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
For me it's less the genre and more the type of protagonist I'm reading about.

I dislike Alpha Male protagonists.
I dislike generic protagonist who are dense.
I dislike cold female protagonists (unless she's brutally violent and sadistic then I like her)
I dislike cold male protagonists
I dislike idealistic protagonist.

I dislike protagonists named Jacob (Don't ask why).

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
Magical Girls (Yep, it's actually its own genre and not just a trope. I had to check twice to be actually sure)

Ymadthepirate

Magical Girls (Yep, it's actually its own genre and not just a trope. I had to check twice to be actually sure)
TBH i have never read, watched or even seen a magical girl thing so ok the only thing I have to say is it was probably made by a creep
For me it's less the genre and more the type of protagonist I'm reading about.

I dislike Alpha Male protagonists.
I dislike generic protagonist who are dense.
I dislike cold female protagonists (unless she's brutally violent and sadistic then I like her)
I dislike cold male protagonists
I dislike idealistic protagonist.

I dislike protagonists named Jacob (Don't ask why).
what if the male protagonist was violent

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
TBH i have never read, watched or even seen a magical girl thing so ok the only thing I have to say is it was probably made by a creep

what if the male protagonist was violent
Violent is fine, I just don't like Cold and Violent male protagonists.

Ymadthepirate

get on discord plz
I cant im on a school computer and i´m grounded when I go bck home i could probabl get on discord one week from now tho, why is cruz writing another lore

Lloyd

Professional Writer
I cant im on a school computer and i´m grounded when I go bck home i could probabl get on discord one week from now tho, why is cruz writing another lore
I just wanted to know if you read my novel lol

D

Deleted member 57675

Romance can be one of the most toxic genres ever if its written by a guy it´ll be 6 page descriptions on how hot a girl is so the man can stroke his own ego, if written by a female we have super toxic, rude, alpha male should be arrested breaks restraining orders,presonal space terrible human but girls ind this toxic behavior hot. In both genres we have sir butthurt his whole purpose is to just complain about having no girlfriend and just annoy the audience for six pages, that dude annoys me or you have the third wheel as one of my fav youtubers terrible writing advice said you can add a love triangle into every story. my favorite part is when they kill of the other competition but love triangles are too boring how about a love dodecahedron, Im just kidding those are headaches to read. Romance can also include forced love, will they won they, making no sense whatsoever, bad messaging and can even encourage men to be toxic and encourage women to only think about their looks amen, and dont make me comment on the will they wont they or that thing they do at the end of books where their like time to marry off all the characters then they grab some girl we say in the second ark and some thief character and they never interacted but forced them to get together.
Agreed. Toxic pairings in stories - wouldn't fly without red flags irl.

You made a lot of fair points on others too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ymadthepirate

Agreed. Toxic pairings in stories - wouldn't fly without red flags irl.

You made a lot of fair points on others too.
Thanks
I just wanted to know if you read my novel lol
I plan to read your novel tbh
By the way should've specified this but if you wanna mention more than one genre you can, tbh doesnt even need to be a genre it could be a popular tag or anything else, and you can add video game genres

Last edited:

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I cant respond cause im one a school computer and im grounded so youll probably get a response one week later, but trust me i have something for it
I will be eagerly awaiting your reply.

D

Deleted member 70892

Ok let me explain I will list some genres and tell you why they're annoying

-Isekai, uses the most overused cliches I've ever seen why should I care that this dude is fighting our purple-haired, boring nearly annoying protagonist I just don't care. Then the protagonist steamrolls everyone on the planet and it's boring then he gets the most annoying group of characters to follow him around if I had a harem this annoying I would fight the demon king and use them as meat shields.

-Horror- Chucky, Jason, Freddy Krueger bruh these things rely on gore and shock value, they also have those horror movie stereotypes of the most thirsty teens on the planet good night can all not, then the man responsible for like 1,000 deaths have some backstory like IDC. Psychological horror is alright I guess except when they rely too much on not answering questions and putting pentagrams every chance they get dawg your not cool because you worship satan

-Comedy - My favorite genre can also be the most annoying there is nothing and I mean nothing worse than an unfunny comedy that just pains me for example a youtube I watch did a good job explaining it -
only watch the first 10-20 minutes of it and you'll get my point. and people who do comedy can be sooo meanspirited, I have nothing against meanspirited humor it when creators are like "shut up you snowflake" then I'm sick of it.

Dramas/Sad stories - Not a genre but still added here Sad stories can be so boring and they always have this Tyler Perry thing going on, like oh no Cousin Jack just died, then two episodes later Big mom just died. half the time I ain't even sad I'm laughing at how hard they try to make this serious, and they got like oh no my husband of 12 years is in a cult, along with my brother btw my husband is cheating on me with another dude who looks just like me I'm like IDC

(new) Zombie Apocalypse - In 2012 - 2015 we had tons and I mean tons of zombie apocalypse shows and games so I feel comfortable when I say zombie apocalypse can be so intriguing and so dumb. The first elephant out of the room is the man who gets bit and doesn't tell anyone, dawg why? you risked everyone's life and honestly, that's kinda selfish. Then they pull the classic man was the true evil all along man was the evil one, not the brain-eating zombies, cause they got some garbage humans who are worse than the zombies the human who pushes another human into a horde cause he felt like it, the human who has a lifetime supply of food but doesn't share, the human who causes pointless drama. Man being the true evil is fine I guess but so cliche and so random sometimes.

Isekai: Same. FUCKING SAME. I don't like it either. I mean, it perfectly fits with other annoying genres, such as smut and ecchi. Also, the titles are just long-ass make-up sentences just to show how uncreative those authors are. Ignore the harem part, there are just a few of them for which I could make exceptions but the others, it's just too bad.
Somehow I still managed to conquer stage 4 suffering writing an Isekai series tho.
Horror: This is fine, except for their backgrounds and the mad genocide the opposite side did without any actual talks and compromises.
Comedy: Fine as long as it doesn't make me cringe so much.
Dramas: Honestly, I can't stand the way the authors (hey not me) build the tragic plot and how other characters react to that. Sometimes they did several serious mistakes and illogical parts while trying to cause drama, like the "My mother passed away before I was born" thingy.
Zombie Apocalypse: Best if the story consists of a survivor group. Otherwise, it sucks.
Anyways, that's just my opinion.
Well yes. Slice of Life, Adult, Josei, and Ecchi
I named four.