I have a problem.

Yomo.Kinoshi

I need someone to tell me it's fine to put one series in hiatus while write another because I'm morally in anguish.
I'm writing 2 series at the moment and I has ideas for another. I feel like an uncommitted bastard.

DalangTala

ℳᴇʀᴇ ℋᴜᴍᴀɴ
If it helps you, why not. As a writer, I don't want to have many ongoing series at the same time. I use notes so that my ideas for the other series won't get lost.

But as a reader, I hate hiatus. Well, who doesn't?

But if the quality of your work will downgrade if you're doing both at the same time, I guess it would be better to put the other one on hiatus. Just make sure that it is going to be worth the wait...

jinxs2011

Spud Cannon
Only one other? Amateur.
I'm writing 2 series, vaguely planning a third and have general ideas for my next three after that.
It can be legitimately difficult to maintain enthusiasm for one story while writing another, particularly if the other is more popular. Taking a break from one will help you focus on the other, and you can come back with a refreshed mind.

Viator

Wandering Moon that conceals the tide
Uncommitted bastard... Just kidding. Go with however your process works. Some progress is better than none at all. And who knows, maybe one bout of inspired writing will inspire another?

TLCsDestiny

I think I have 5 or so unfinished stories atm...I'm not saying anything against u lol

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
If there is no inspiration, then there isn’t. Go on hiatus, just don’t drop it after being on hiatus for a long time. That would make you a real ass, taking a break not.

Ninetailed_Furball

As long as you're not surviving off of your writing, do whatever you want. Most of the point of an amateur writer is to write what you want, when you want.

Start new series as you want to, go on hiatuses whenever you want.

But remember, every series you hiatus on, you'll probably lose the majority of your readers on them, and going back is going to be real hard.

That said, you might just pick up a ton more readers with the new series and become more popular than ever :blob_teehee:

Mizu

Do whatever you feel is best. If you are a good writer and people want quality writing they will be willing to wait for that quality writing. And even if it isn't "good" your readers will still want your writing. So if you need to take a break to keep it up do that. For me doing multiple projects is a bad idea. I don't have enough time to worry about them. I like to focus on one but if I am tired I start planning some of my future stories as I want to have at least three ready for when I am done with my current project so my readers can choose which one they want me to do.

Phantomheart

Cliff Hanger Player
Don’t worry~ it happens all the time. I have a lot of stories on hiatus on my fan fiction sites and have a few on here as well. So just do why feels best :)

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
I need someone to tell me it's fine to put one series in hiatus while write another because I'm morally in anguish.
I'm writing 2 series at the moment and I has ideas for another. I feel like an uncommitted bastard.
Everyone else's advice seems shitty and here's why: you will almost NEVER finish or even start writing again a story you put on hiatus. Trust me fam. Save your ideas. Finish a story.

The fuck they mean, quality? You're in a funk maybe. It happens. Stop writing a while. Do things you enjoy. Read stories, watch some shows, listen to music. Get the creative juices flowing. But dont just put it on hiatus. Fucking. Dont. Because you can stop the quality of the story from dropping. But you cant finish a story on haitus.

I'm not your friend, pal. I'm not gonna tell you what you wanna hear like these other caustic shits. I'm telling you what you need. It's called tough love.

Listen to Papa Cupcake. Papa knows best.

Well. Do what you want. I've said my piece. Hope you the best fam

S-Scherr

I believe that as long as you keep your readers informed a hiatus is fine. We're not writing machines and need breaks, too. Just be clear with them what you're doing, but more importantly, let them know when you think you'll return to the story on break. Leaving readers in limbo is never a good idea and you run the risk of them giving up on your story.

awake1122

Just be sure to keep a note pad ready to write down ideas that pop up for the story on hiatus.