I have a question~

vzymmer

How many of you guys and gals did an Asuna(SAO) when you were just started gaming or creating a gaming account?

Are you still doing it right now?

Just wondering how many gamers there are in SH.

I was using my name but with ad-ons at the beggining when I was gaming.

Reactions: S10
D

Deleted member 45782

None. I don't play much games but I like being creative a little with usernames. None are the same as another username for another game and none are named after characters.

Last edited by a moderator:

Motsu

Game Lead Programmer x WebAppSoft
How many of you guys and gals did an Asuna(SAO) when you were just started gaming or creating a gaming account?

I do play games, but nowadays or even back then, instead of some lame-ass and cringe IGN—I use memes and pen names as my IGN. I didn't really like the idea of the names with numbers at the end, or names with (RPG) or (GAY) to represent which clan you are, or to sound cool by changing the font of your IGN. I just liked the idea of a plain, yet not boring name.

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
Yeah. In most of the games I played, I kinda used my real name with my day of birth mixed in as a kid. I never really good at coming up names at that time and after some time passes, I kinda started using my pen names due to sensing that it was fine to use another name instead of a nickname.

Nowadays, I kinda used four names in each gaming platform I kinda played. This name being my 3rd name.

Agentt

Thighs
If you didn't watch Sword Art Online you wouldn't know but at the first season the MFC was using her real name in the game instead of using a nickname or penname.
Her name is Asuna.

I'm asking if you used your real name in-game in the past?
Oh no. I mean, I have seen SAO, but haven't used my real name. Also, how would I know what does "doing an Asuna" would mean?
My name has always been Agentt, right from when I started internet.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
I'm asking if you used your real name in-game in the past?
Ah, that?

Uhn... As long as your name isn't particularly unusual, it doesn't really matter. Like... I have a friend that can be found on facebook just by searching for her first name (and maybe needed country too), so for her it would be a bad idea to use her real first name as a game accout.

On the other hand, most people have like... Millions of other people that share their name with them, so like... Who cares if you put your first name as your game acc?

D

Deleted member 49654

I try being creative as well, or at least, go for names that I find cool-sounding and are not yet taken. Well, I rarely play games nowadays. Although, I like MMORPG and FPS/TPS games.

PS: I hate SAO.

someguysomeone

One of the dime a dozen undead
Yeah not at first but i did it later anyway. Only first name though. No one knows my full name

Last edited:

EternalSunset0

One of my emails uses my real name, if that counts. I made it way back when I was in elementary, probably a good two decades ago.

I also had forum accounts (now abandoned) that used my real name.

lnv

✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Nope. At best I only used half my name combined with another word. So maybe only the sharpest person would notice. And that was for offline games. By the time it got to making online accounts of any sort, I wouldn't use my name even partly.

Chaos_Sinner777

Imprisoned Soul Seeking Isekai
I used my real name as part of my Runescape account, literally forever ago. But I think that was the only one.

darkpikacha

I pretty sure my first gaming account was just my name and put 920(my birthday) after that. But after that I start using pika as a basis of my game usernames. Since I really like pikachu and I was a kid. It just stuck thereafter.