I have a slight predicament

What do you think should be the title of a reverse 'Little Mermaid' (More info below)

• Gaining Sea Legs (Because MC does change to spending a lot more time upon the sea then land)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TLCsDestiny

I have made a fairy tale series of books and I am trying to find a good name for the third book in the series which is a reverse 'Little Mermaid'. So, obviously it is about a male, instead of female. He is also going out to sea, not land. There's also no magic, but pirates...The problem is...What do I call it?
The first one was a reverse Cinderalla, I called it 'Cid Rellah'.
The second one was a reverse Aladdin, I called it 'Diamond in the Rough'.
This is the third one and I need help!

I have come up with a few so...Let's see...

D

Deleted member 29316

I think 'The Little Pirate' would fit the bill, but somehow, it's kind of awkward...

D

Deleted member 29316

Agreed, I mean, he's not little...And he's not a pirate at first either
How about...

'The Free Man and the Sea'?

Because of the connotation that pirates are 'free' from the 'laws' of the land...something like that. It would also fit the narrative that he's not a pirate at first.

Temple

Hmmm... One Piece? Oh wait...
Lol, anyway is he still a merman that's going to be human? Or just a human that wants to be a pirate? Like what's the reverse of little mermaid going to be?

TLCsDestiny

Hmmm... One Piece? Oh wait...
Lol, anyway is he still a merman that's going to be human? Or just a human that wants to be a pirate? Like what's the reverse of little mermaid going to be?
He's a human that will become a pirate

Moonpearl

The Yuri Empress
Out of interest, if there's no magic and no physical transformation, how will you keep the story of The Little Mermaid?

Those are pretty pivotal to the original story.

when it came to the reverse, i can only think of the big mermaid.

but i find it weird if the mermaid on the little mermaid isn't a loli on the original story.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
I was thinking "now I finally have a penis", because fishes has testes, but not dangly bit to install inside female fishes.

TLCsDestiny

Lol
There's a non magical fairy tale movie already out and so I am going off the same idea. Ever After did not use a fairy god mother and a pumpkin.
There are general and basic things to each of them, a storyline and so I just follow or keep close to that.

Moonpearl

The Yuri Empress
Lol
There's a non magical fairy tale movie already out and so I am going off the same idea. Ever After did not use a fairy god mother and a pumpkin.
There are general and basic things to each of them, a storyline and so I just follow or keep close to that.

Hm... Cinderella's an easier story to remove the magic from, though, because its core themes really revolve around a poor/abused girl sneaking into a ball and the prince being able to recognise her in her poor form afterwards. The magic is sort of an extra.

The Little Mermaid's core elements are its mermaid protagonist and the magic contract she makes to go onto land. If you remove the magic, it becomes difficult to recognise it as The Little Mermaid at all.

Not that it can't be done, but I'm just curious how this is going to compensate for that, as a potential reader?

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
That sounds cute! Have fun with that <3