Recommendations I have rewatched Saiki Kusuo no psy-nan 3 times this month. Is there anything similar in tone? Extra if it is something written. List below!

ElijahRyne

Not that Lazy…
I have already tried these, and if you to wish for something similar this is what I recommend:

Gintama
The Daily Lives of High school Boys
Cromartie High school
Handa-kun
Sakamoto desu ga
School Rumble

Last edited:

Reborn_Cat

A lazy cat pretending to be human
Sket-Dance(Mostly comedy but has some really serious moments)
Nukoduke(Manga)

Last edited:

MissPaige36

✨Senior Forum Citizen✨
I have already tried these, and if you to wish for something similar this is what I recommend:

Gintama
Cromartie High school
Handa-kun
Sakamoto desu ga
Okay listen, something that‘s a lot of fun but can get annoying since it has romance is Baka to test. I absolutely love the jokes in it. It‘s a great show, dubbed or subbed. Since those shows you mentioned have similar themes, try assassination classroom. It’s more on the serious side but it’s a great show on the long run. I have like 10 more to recommend where that came from, if you want.

KiraMinoru

Untitled Generic Member

Gintama
Cromartie High school
Handa-kun
Sakamoto desu ga
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun (Hilarious I died)
Kaguya-sama: Love is War
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu
Ore no Nounai Sentakushi ga, Gakuen Love Comedy wo Zenryoku de Jama Shiteiru
KonoSuba
To Be Hero
Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san
Masuda Kousuke Gekijou Gag Manga Biyori (I think this was funny but I can’t remember too well)
Kyou no 5 no 2
Lucky☆Star
Ben-To
Seitokai Yakuindomo
Seitokai no Ichizon
B-Gata H-kei
Haiyoru! Nyaruani: Remember My Love
Grand Blue (Really funny if memory serves correct and it was recent.)
Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru
Yondemasu yo, Azazel-san.
Humanity Has Declined(Took forever to find this one but I’d definitely recommend this one. I just remember it being hilarious for some reason. The look of it is a complete contrast to what it’s actually about.)
Tsurezure Children(Would definitely recommend this for daily lives of high school boys. If my memory is correct that is.)
Beelzebub (I think this was pretty funny, can’t remember though.)
Katte ni Kaizou
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?
Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru
One Punch Man
Great Teacher Onizuka (I think it was pretty funny, memories are foggy as usual.)

In terms of novels I can only remember A Will Eternal off the top of my head.

Disclaimer: Most of these were seen when I was younger so my sense of comedy was probably different but I remember them being funny at that time.

Last edited:

ElijahRyne

Not that Lazy…
Okay listen, something that‘s a lot of fun but can get annoying since it has romance is Baka to test. I absolutely love the jokes in it. It‘s a great show, dubbed or subbed. Since those shows you mentioned have similar themes, try assassination classroom. It’s more on the serious side but it’s a great show on the long run. I have like 10 more to recommend where that came from, if you want.
It’s been a while since I have seen them might as well rewatch it!
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Kaguya-sama: Love is War
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu
Ore no Nounai Sentakushi ga, Gakuen Love Comedy wo Zenryoku de Jama Shiteiru
KonoSuba
To Be Hero
Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san
Masuda Kousuke Gekijou Gag Manga Biyori (I think this was funny but I can’t remember too well)
Kyou no 5 no 2
Lucky☆Star
Ben-To
Seitokai Yakuindomo
Seitokai no Ichizon

Disclaimer: Most of these were seen when I wasyounger so my sense of comedy was probably different but I remember them being funny at that time.
Will do! Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki kun was one of the first anime I watched, it is nice to see its name again!

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
Handa-kun
have you read the sequel Barakamon? It's more slice of life, but very good.

They say "The daily life of Immortal King" is the Chinese copy of Saiki. They are different imo, very.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I'm watching Boys Over Flowers right now. I don't recommend it because it sells a message that it's OK to harass a girl you like even when she says "no" countless times.

Ddraig

<First Dragon of SHF> <Pokemon Goddess of NuF>
Baka to Test is fully translated btw. Definitely rec it. And also Grand Blue (manga / anime), both are by the same author.

LinXueLian

Always Handsome
The new ongoing one, The Vampire Dies Instantly seems to be of a similar tone. I really enjoyed the first episode, at least! No new ones yet.