I hereby declare victory against the haters.

Who won?

• Total voters

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Thanks for keeping Author General clean :blob_joy:
I usually just try to keep the "Scribblehub Discussion" subforum tbh. I report stuff made there and ask it to be moved to the appropriate subforums all the time.

I don't browse stuff outside the "Scribblehub" subforum much... But well, if I happen to see troublesome stuff on the rare threads I do peek at, I report it too~

Lloyd

Professional Writer
To make the forum work in the way Tony wants it to work~

If you dislike some of the rules, you can always ask Tony about it and see if he is willing to change them. At most you'll get a no.
True, but you are playing stupid. We can infer largely based on the rules that the forums exist for the support and enjoyment of the users and to perpetuate the main website. Anti spam rules exist to limit distracting threads. The SH forum ,however, has such low traffic it literally needs threads like this to survive. This isn't any ordinary low effort shit post we are talking about here. If the thread is getting great engagement and bringing smiles to everyone there is no logical reason to report it. Rather you report out of either a dogmatic obsession with the rules or your own massive ego.

AliceShiki

True, but you are playing stupid. We can infer largely based on the rules that the forums exist for the support and enjoyment of the users and to perpetuate the main website. Anti spam rules exist to limit distracting threads. The SH forum ,however, has such low traffic it literally needs threads like this to survive. This isn't any ordinary low effort shit post we are talking about here. If the thread is getting great engagement and bringing smiles to everyone there is no logical reason to report it. Rather you report out of either a dogmatic obsession with the rules or your own massive ego.
I reported a thread hijacking and noted that the thread itself might fall under spam rules... That's it.

I don't particularly care if you consider your thread as high-effort or not, nor do I care about how much engagement it brings from people... Stuff like politics also bring a lot of engagement, and those threads are against the rules too and get locked once reported.

If you think there shouldn't be rules against hijacking, then you can try explaining your case to Tony and see if he changes the rules to accomodate that. Until then I'm not gonna stop reporting hijacks.

Seriously, I don't dislike shitposting. I actually think it's fun and it can give me some giggles depending on how it is made... Just make sure you don't break any rules and make it on the appropriate subforums and you're good. The mods don't have anything against shitposting either, yanno? As long as it doesn't break the rules, it's fine.
I had the idea in mind for a while after seeing so many threads moved whenever Alice popped up.
*giggles* I don't think I'm that rough about it though! xD

... I mean, I don't even comment when I report stuff usually. I just so happened to comment because people were wondering what had happened... >.>

SailusGebel

I like rules, and I report rulebreaks all the time. Really, it's kinda automatic to me at this point.
This will probably sound rude, but feck it, I'm way too curious. Why are you not reporting people using different languages?

AliceShiki

This will probably sound rude, but feck it, I'm way too curious. Why are you not reporting people using different languages?
I report those when I do find them, but I don't remember seeing them recently in all honesty... But again, I'm not really active on subforums outside of the Scribblehub subforum.

I also tend to not report stuff on Community Games unless it's a severe rule break, so if it happened there, then maybe that's why.

SailusGebel

I report those when I do find them, but I don't remember seeing them recently in all honesty... But again, I'm not really active on subforums outside of the Scribblehub subforum.

I also tend to not report stuff on Community Games unless it's a severe rule break, so if it happened there, then maybe that's why.
The general rules for posting:
5. Posts should be kept English only, as managing multiple languages would require an extraneous amount of resources.

Does this rule apply to profile posts? If it does, just open up ElliePorter's profile, and you will see a bunch of non-English profile posts. Every couple of days, she writes something in Japanese, I assume.

And no, it wasn't in community games. I can give a link to that thread if you want. Also, I'm not saying it's the only one, but the most recent one I remember.

AliceShiki

Does this rule apply to profile posts? If it does, just open up ElliePorter's profile, and you will see a bunch of non-English profile posts. Every couple of days, she writes something in Japanese, I assume.
Moderation tends to be looser in profile posts than in threads, but it should still technically apply... I personally wouldn't bother with reporting anything on those either, unless it was a severe rule break.

I never really browse profile posts though, so I never saw it.
And no, it wasn't in community games. I can give a link to that thread if you want. Also, I'm not saying it's the only one, but the most recent one I remember.
Up to you, I guess? I mean... If I see a thread with people talking in a non-English language, I'll definitely report it, but I definitely missed the one you're talking about.

Though well, if the thread is already months old or whatever, I'll only report it if it's being necroed or if I find a spam bot in the thread perchance. Otherwise I ignore old threads too.

SailusGebel

Moderation tends to be looser in profile posts than in threads, but it should still technically apply... I personally wouldn't bother with reporting anything on those either, unless it was a severe rule break.

I never really browse profile posts though, so I never saw it.
Uhm, how do we decide if it's a severe rule break or not? I mean, it's already breaking the rule. Isn't it severe enough?
Up to you, I guess? I mean... If I see a thread with people talking in a non-English language, I'll definitely report it, but I definitely missed the one you're talking about.

Though well, if the thread is already months old or whatever, I'll only report it if it's being necroed or if I find a spam bot in the thread perchance. Otherwise I ignore old threads too.
It's eight days old.

AliceShiki

Uhm, how do we decide if it's a severe rule break or not? I mean, it's already breaking the rule. Isn't it severe enough?
I mean... Up to your subjective judgement? I'd say that spam bots (accounts made just to advertise a given product/site. They aren't bots per se, but they aren't real users either. They just get 5 messages ASAP, drop a link to the website they advertise, then disappear from Scribblehub immediately after) and offensive stuff that is actively harmful to others are severe rule breaks that should be reported immediately after being spotted.

The rest would depend on how much you care and how old it is, I'd say.

SailusGebel

I mean... Up to your subjective judgement? I'd say that spam bots (accounts made just to advertise a given product/site. They aren't bots per se, but they aren't real users either. They just get 5 messages ASAP, drop a link to the website they advertise, then disappear from Scribblehub immediately after) and offensive stuff that is actively harmful to others are severe rule breaks that should be reported immediately after being spotted.

The rest would depend on how much you care and how old it is, I'd say.
I wasn't talking about this.

I was asking about this. The general rules for posting: 5. Posts should be kept English only, as managing multiple languages would require an extraneous amount of resources.

The whole dialogue was about this rule.

Ymadthepirate

Professional Bitch Faggot in da house
At this point who cares after all, this is the internet they do whatever he want

Minx

Procrastinator Mongrel
Isn't all these rules breaker conversation ended up breaking the rule since it spiraled away from the main topic of the post? :unsure:

obamamememedal.jpg

AliceShiki

I wasn't talking about this.

I was asking about this. The general rules for posting: 5. Posts should be kept English only, as managing multiple languages would require an extraneous amount of resources.

The whole dialogue was about this rule.
Ah, I wouldn't call different language a severe rule break, so I'd usually ignore it on profile posts or old threads.

If I saw it on a recent thread that still has activity, I'd report it.
Isn't all these rules breaker conversation ended up breaking the rule since it spiraled away from the main topic of the post? :unsure:

View attachment 13923
I can't deny that, but I also didn't want to make a new thread just to reply to people asking me why I reported rule breaking, so... Welp? Never said I was 100% consistent in my behavior.

Ymadthepirate

Professional Bitch Faggot in da house
Ah, I wouldn't call different language a severe rule break, so I'd usually ignore it on profile posts or old threads.

If I saw it on a recent thread that still has activity, I'd report it.

I can't deny that, but I also didn't want to make a new thread just to reply to people asking me why I reported rule breaking, so... Welp? Never said I was 100% consistent in my behavior.
Sounds pretty hypocrtical if you ask me reporting someone for rulebreaking and then rulebreaks and uses the excuse "I'm not 100% consistent"

Zoey

Mustachu
Sounds pretty hypocrtical if you ask me reporting someone for rulebreaking and then rulebreaks and uses the excuse "I'm not 100% consistent"
I mean you could also argue that the people who kept responding to her are to blame and she was just being courteous by replying to them. Also I’d say that sense no one seems to want to continue the original topic, that it’s not really a problem. (Unless you do want to get this thread back on topic in which case no one’s stoping you.)

Edit: also I think there’s a difference between a hijack and a tangent. One is permanent and done intentionally and the other is temporary and (most of the time) unintentional.
Though I won’t deny that bens blatant post that he was hijacking this thread was pretty amusing.

Last edited: