I just realized the importance of similar series / recommendations

ForestDweller

From Webnovel of all places. My story will only appear on the front page for several minutes every time I update (on the recently updated list all the way to the bottom). So when I haven't updated for more than a week, I was confused where this new guy who comments on a bunch of my chapters comes from. Turns out he was reading other novels and he saw mine on the related series section.

It ends with him giving my story a great review, which I desperately need after getting a bunch of negative ones. :cry:

So, I guess one way to popularity is by getting to the similar series section of a popular novel. Not just via Trending. :s_smile: Now to learn how to manipulate that... :s_tongue:

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
From Webnovel of all places. My story will only appear on the front page for several minutes every time I update (on the recently updated list all the way to the bottom). So when I haven't updated for more than a week, I was confused where this new guy who comments on a bunch of my chapters comes from. Turns out he was reading other novels and he saw mine on the related series section.

It ends with him giving my story a great review, which I desperately need after getting a bunch of negative ones. :cry:

So, I guess one way to popularity is by getting to the similar series section of a popular novel. Not just via Trending. :s_smile: Now to learn how to manipulate that... :s_tongue:
I wonder how a novel gets recommended as similar? Cuz you can go by titles, genres, authors and all that, but how do they specify yours among others and reccomend it?

Because if they have a way to more accurately choose what novels are similar to which, then its no wonder if i dont see many new readers with my novel there. ( well i say that but im more talking about those who comment. I know not many readers take the time to)

Since my story is basically about a drug addict in another world and i dont think theres many novels similar to that lol

Horizon42

Your biggest advantage is tags and fandoms. Genres work too, but to a lesser degree. So add as many tags as you can that genuinely identify with your story.

Businesssn

Brick-San the god of wholesome hentai
I dunno how people find mine, but if your fictions name is pazowoooooo enough people will click on it

LinMeili

It's probably based on tags? Maybe make your tags more specific.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Well . . . you all know my strategy for making mine stand out 😇