I Literally Have Too Much Story Ideas

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
i know that feeling. i think i've actually forgotten at least 5 ideas i've had on top of the ideas that have remained lingering around.

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
I usually just either do one-shots, write one novel before dumping it into the trash because of my lack of attention span or basically write that novel in your mind before procrastinating on it and think up a new novel idea.

I prefer to just write one novel and stitch up some ideas from other novels into one since its much more simpler and easier. Plus, it would work considering some can't be used to write a novel but does make your novel more interesting if you are creative enough.

Twin

Really, even if I do have idea for 'new stories' popping in my head. If I can't have ideas for my existing stories for its continuation then its kind of meaningless. It is just procrastination in a creative way really 😂

Olga_Haus

I think hoard them and let them brew and stew at the back off your mind.

There'll come a time when you need a story for a situation... and you'll have one in your pocket waiting, better developed than you expected.
Or there'll come a time when you know it's time to tell it.

Just pulled up the first outline for the story I'm telling now, and it seems I first sketched it out in August 2018.

You don't have to rush to spunk this stuff out. It'll keep and mature.

Bigshot screenwriters are out there making millions for ideas they had when they were nine years old. You're good.

Marunikyu

Most excellent anti-Marxist smut writer
A bit of wisdom from me:
One "story idea" isn't enough for one story. To have characters feel at least a bit alive, they all need a bit of story to them, even if they die 10 chapters down the line.
Also most of the time you can combine story ideas to make things more interesting unless you're into shorter or simpler and psychological stuff.
Since it's incredibly important to focus on one story at the end of the day, make sure you like what you're writing.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
So do it, but I usually just try and figure out how to put them into my main story.

T.K._Paradox

Was Divided By Zero: Looking for Glovebox Jesus
Attempt to condense do the ideas together and see what sticks together. Trying to make many stories at the same time will only burn you out.