I made a map of my story!

Frostbird

I made a map of my story, just wanted to share. I'm still fairly new at using map programs, but I enjoyed making it. I'll try to make a better one when I become more skilled. I just wanted to hear your thoughts and feedback of what you might like or think could be improved.

I can't upload the image directly, since it says it's too large :blob_pat_sad: But here is a link. I still don't know how to get it to zoom in when I upload :blob_dizzy:
Ebon Realm Map

Also, here's a link to my story if you are interested
Realm of Monsters

Lon3ly

That looks really good! I've been meaning to make a map for my stories too, what program did you use?

Farok

There's a good program called Azgaar, it needs a good pc though.

Frostbird

That looks really good! I've been meaning to make a map for my stories too, what program did you use?
Thanks! I used wonderdraft to make this map. Inkarnate is also a really good one.

IvyVeritas

I've looked into Wonderdraft and it looks great, but I have no artistic skill, so I'm still dreading figuring out how to turn my hand-drawn map of a single continent into one tiny portion of a Wonderdraft world map. It seems like Wonderdraft provides tools to make it (relatively) easy to create new maps, but I'm not entirely clear how to use those tools to replicate an existing map.

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
I made a map of my story, just wanted to share. I'm still fairly new at using map programs, but I enjoyed making it. I'll try to make a better one when I become more skilled. I just wanted to hear your thoughts and feedback of what you might like or think could be improved.

I can't upload the image directly, since it says it's too large :blob_pat_sad: But here is a link. I still don't know how to get it to zoom in when I upload :blob_dizzy:
Ebon Realm Map

Also, here's a link to my story if you are interested
Realm of Monsters
Azgaar is the best free map software. I downloades the free offline desktop version . So yeah I use azgaar and I didn't make anything quite like that though. Yours look nothing like any I've made at all.

Frostbird

Azgaar is the best free map software. I downloades the free offline desktop version . So yeah I use azgaar and I didn't make anything quite like that though. Yours look nothing like any I've made at all.
I don't know if that is a good or bad thing :blob_neutral:

Discount_Blade

I don't know if that is a good or bad thing :blob_neutral:
When I get home from the subway I'll message you a version of one of mine and see what you make of it. If I'm missing something than maybe you can point it out to me or something

D

Deleted member 29316

Pretty good map!

Mine's just look like an old parchment paper map. :sweat_smile: :blob_no:

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
I use this to create my five continents and everytime I see them, I want to light my laptop on fire.

Discount_Blade

I use this to create my five continents and everytime I see them, I want to light my laptop on fire.

Oh wow I remember that. I tried it too. Ended up being too damn complicated when you tried to do more than just create the outline of the continent. And then it was a complete pain in the ass to backpedal and alter something if you wanted to make changes. So yeah....makes GREAT outlines of continents. Like a blank map. But when it comes time to add in details...holy shit it is a clusterfuck to use.

Frostbird

I've actually been thinking of offering to make maps for other people's story, so I can get more practice. Plus I'd ask them to link my story to wherever they'd post the map #storyadvertisement :blob_okay:

D

Deleted member 29316

I actually want to make a parchment paper version of my map, I think the style is pretty cool
I don't know...but here's mine.

I just overlayed the effects on the map that I drew.

Qyv199S.jpg

D

Deleted member 29316

It looks proper, but of course lacking in details. Yet you can give the readers a gist and some immersion.
Yep, exactly. That's why I've been searching for some map generators that I could convert my map into a more detailed one.

D

Deleted member 29316

Wow! Thanks for this!

Will plug your work with mine as thanks! 😍