I NEED MOTIVES OR REASONS

New_Leaf

So I'm writing a character that's a battle freak, very strong, however, he is also kind of crazy. But intelligent not a muscle head.
-So... I'm trying to think of what could be his motives for why he likes to fight talented people who are young and are still growing (Young people who are not his match yet, or people who he can easily defeat because he is already in a high rank) Basically talented people he could squash like an ant but fights them while lowering or limiting his rank to make the fight fair and if they defeat him. He'll reward them, even as going as far as to give them some of his treasure.

So... yeah... I've been thinking what should be the reason he does this?
-Is it because he wants more talented people to shine or help them improve more or something
-or he likes to defeat them so when they become famous they'll hear that he was the first person to defeat them or something...
-or maybe he is making talented people get stronger so when a calamity comes people are ready (basically, he's a guy who saw the future)

=In my series what happened is that the mc is known to be a deadbeat or useless but suddenly he became strong and showed off his skill in the arena and that guy caught his attention and challenged mc to fight him (the mc is the son of a patriarch or a lord and the guy who is a battle freak is a knight who works for his father)
One more thing. The mc came from another world. (He is in the game he played and became the villain kind of plot)

I'm open to any ideas~ even funny ones lol

D

Deleted member 54065

Or he can just be doing it for the thrill of it. You say your MC's a battlefreak, and a battlefreak is someone who loves to fight. One need not to explain his/her love for a great fight; a thrilling experience is enough to motivate them find such event.

It's pretty similar to those authors who never monetize their content, yet they continue to cough up updates/chapters. Why? Because they simply want to.

Love/passion doesn't need too much explanation (or deep reasons), even love for a good fight. Note: it may sound cringey and idealistic, but yes, some people are like that, having observed them for my own work.

TotallyHuman

The witch of speculation
So... I'm trying to think of what could be his motives for why he likes to fight talented people who are young and are still growing (Young people who are not his match yet, or people who he can easily defeat because he is already in a high rank) Basically talented people he could squash like an ant but fights them while lowering or limiting his rank to make the fight fair and if they defeat him. He'll reward them, even as going as far as to give them some of his treasure.
because he likes it? Like, is it not good enough reason? Or what, liking something and doing it is something he's too big-brained for or what?

Lehnsa

It could be more about what he doesn't like. He hates to see squandered potential. Nothing insults him more than going into someone's kitchen and seeing all the knives be dull, so he must sharpen them wherever he goes. Could easily be woven into a backstory of loosing something because he didn't push himself hard enough

whitesculptor

The princess whispers & the keyboard clacks.
So I'm writing a character that's a battle freak, very strong, however, he is also kind of crazy. But intelligent not a muscle head.
-So... I'm trying to think of what could be his motives for why he likes to fight talented people who are young and are still growing (Young people who are not his match yet, or people who he can easily defeat because he is already in a high rank) Basically talented people he could squash like an ant but fights them while lowering or limiting his rank to make the fight fair and if they defeat him. He'll reward them, even as going as far as to give them some of his treasure.

-Is it because he wants more talented people to shine or help them improve more or something
-or he likes to defeat them so when they become famous they'll hear that he was the first person to defeat them or something...
-or maybe he is making talented people get stronger so when a calamity comes people are ready (basically, he's a guy who saw the future)

=In my series what happened is that the mc is known to be a deadbeat or useless but suddenly he became strong and showed off his skill in the arena and that guy caught his attention and challenged mc to fight him (the mc is the son of a patriarch or a lord and the guy who is a battle freak is a knight who works for his father)
One more thing. The mc came from another world. (He is in the game he played and became the villain kind of plot)

This reminds me of Hisoka from hunter x hunter, I believe it could be a good example of what you seek.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme

if i was writing something like that, his reason would be thus: He gets a night with the other party's wife, mother, or sister. Because after a good fight, one needs a good fuck, too. You dont need a grandiose reason to love to fight and bully others, or to fuck their women

Now, as i dislike rape, i may add that he has to actually seduce the women and make them agree to fuck him. But all my Mcs are handsome womanizers anyway so it usually will end in sex.

Ooh, or maybe he uses a special item that turns the losers themselves into cute women and he gets to fuck THEM

Sebas_Guzman

Basically talented people he could squash like an ant but fights them while lowering or limiting his rank to make the fight fair and if they defeat him. He'll reward them, even as going as far as to give them some of his treasure.
This is kinda masochistic, isn't it? Like:
"Hey bruh, you young? Bet you are. Come on, fight me. Yeah, just like that beat me up real good even though you have no reason to. Yeah, what's that, you beat me? Here, have a treasure cuz you beat me so good...:s_wink:"

Yeah, honestly, someone's suggestion of Hisoka poisoned the well for me....
Anyway, I'm not here to kink shame, but a man that gives out treasure after getting beat up correctly is suspect. Also funny.

Proffesor

Or, he could just do it for the sake of the challenge. Something to keep his skills sharp since he's normally lazy whilst also using it to show off every once in a while. And maybe using it to scare the shit out of a few bastards.

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!

If the game he is in has a sort of game plan in mind, and the main characters all have a level of battle-lust in their nature, then he could be using it ingratiate himself with them so he does not get slaughtered later on. He wants to improve their protag butts for the nasty, big bosses and incoming armies, so by kicking their tushies even weakened to their level, he shows how much they need to improve their skill and get an OP power up in whatever cheat they have.

Rhaps

Cult Leader of The Church of Dice
It could've been that he just wanted to fight because that's what makes him happy, going after newbies because they have the potential to be stronger than him and wants to test them out to see if they are worth investing their time.

HellerFeed

You could just say that he's a battle freak because his father/mother was also a lunatic battle freak themselves.
Then all you have to do is blame the genetics... simple enough.

Akaichi

Use the chinese wuxia excuse ... He needs to tamper himself to cultivate or to level up... like an rpg ecxp points....

Redemit

He could simply be trying to curb their arrogance and to give them the drive to be better so that in the future they can become actual challenges to him

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
Could be pretty much anything:
-he has an eye for talent or unconventional people
-he was planted by someone higher to be a classical "unwinnable" mid-boss
-he likes torturing weaker people (and they somehow get so strong afterwards they're thankful for it)
-bullying people is his hobby
-he wants others to beat him but he's too stronk
-he actually knows the future of every story so he jumps to one whenever a "battle-crazed mid-boss" character is needed for whatever reason
-his late wife wished for him to rough up the kids since she hated kids
-he knows the plot of your story so he acts like that because he is needed to act like that
-he gets paid in cookies for every promising newbie he beats up

phaeous

The Semanticist
it's because he believes he can fight existence itself
on his own terms
and become the standard o everything

Holder-of-the-metal-bat

He may be looking for someone with a specific power.

Maybe he wants to find someone honorable enough or tough enough for him to teach them

Maybe he has a hidden child that is learning how to fight and he is here to teach him/her how to fight without revealing his identity.

Maybe someone asked him to do that for another reason.

The real reason should depend on your characters and what you want them to be.