I need to make a fake Dystopian YA Novel

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
I have multiple series I am working on. They are all a deconstruction of the Isekai concept. There ae going to be five series to cover everything.

I'm thinking ahead. The last one is going to be called K-A. The name of the main character. Pronouced Kaydasha. The main character of a YA Dystopian Novel called Twilight of the Divergent Games. It is a world where AR (Augmented Reality) games have become very popular, but part of these AR games involve 'virtual damage' being translated into physical pain that knocks the player out. This augmented Reality technology combined with pain feed back is called (DR) Divergent Reality instead of VR or AR. The story is about the ONE TRUE SAVIOR who stops the barbaric practice of DR games. or Doctor Games, as they say with In-World slang

K-A has a neurological condition where she is in constant pain from diabetes damaging her nerves and causing her skin to feel like it is on fire 24/7. However, she is allergic to any pain medication that might actually relieve her suffering. She is so used to being in agony, that by some strange quirk of fate, the ''pain damage' in the game actually makes her neurological pain go away when she is injured.

That's right! Her super power is BEING IN CONSTANT AGONY and MASOCHISM!

And then a normal person gets stuck in this character's body.

I Want TO get a fairly good outline of the absolutely WORST aspects of YA Dystopian Future Novels, and YA FL Novels in general. I want to draw inspiration from 365 Days, 50 shades of grey, Twilight, Divergent, Hunger Games, Empress Theresa, 5th wave, Vampire Academy and anything else you can think of that is really really bad.

Just one... small.. problem...

I have not read any of these books.

I hate the very genre. Cannot stand it. It makes my skin crawl. So, I want to write a parody of the very worst aspects of these books and I think that If I never read them, it will add another level to the mockery.

So, I ask of you, please, tell me of any books that you think fall into the YA FL Tortured theme while actually having a wonderful life, that I might have missed.

And what I especially need is speculation as to what an amalgmation of Twilight, Divergent, and Hunger Games might look like. Just go crazy with mashing the books together. Anything will help. I need to come up with at least the outline of the original book the MC gets Isekai'd into. The stupider the better.

The "original" Novel will start with the line:

"I looked into the mirror. No Image Met My Gaze. Yup, I'm still a vampire."

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
I’m imagining some cringe shit with three brothers being named after Greek gods starting with the letter A.

Oh wait, that’s from an actual movie based on a wattpad YA novel. “Through my window”

TheEldritchGod

I’m imagining some cringe shit with three brothers being named after Greek gods starting with the letter A.

Oh wait, that’s from an actual movie based on a wattpad YA novel. “Through my window”
OOoo... The bad guy is going to be an AI with a super hot avatar. Three AIs named after greek gods. I love it.
At some point I need to use that "There are two wolves inside you" meme.
Sort of like "I'm 14 and really deep" juxtaposed with "This is what it is like to chew 5 gum" meme

Last edited:

TheEldritchGod

Make the one named after Zeus always horny.
Oh My God, One name Adonis, One named Zeus, and one named Janus (The Two Faced God)
Guess which one is the traitor!
Are you familiar with the saying "Living in someone's head rent free"?
I always write stories about all my horrors. That way, they work for that free rent they are getting.

ConansWitchBaby

Da Scalie Whisperer
If you want the worst then; power of love, and forced romance in the calm sections is required, getting perfectly sound advice and being hostile to it, having the most stereotypical badguy do all the stereotypical badguyness without variation, end bad needs scenes where the plan almost works then on the second try without revisions to the plans somehow still works, a "serious" moment that falls flat because they are all simply stating the obvious or reiterating what has already been said.

IDK what else. Annoying stuff.

TheEldritchGod

Throw in "Oh my!" a lot:
Oh. There will be an audio book of the original read by Takei, as such there will be a character that says Oh My all the time.

A running theme will be when the transmigrator winces and thinks, "Oh god. It's the X stand in" Where X is Four/Draco/Peeta/Generic Male Lead Se will keep looking at people and go, "Yup. it's the character ripped off from that other book."