I offer free feedback. (Closed)

What is your favorite genre?

• Total voters

doravg

104/4001 (too lazy to count the stories again.)
Please write in your submission 1/9 or whatever your number in the line is. If you do not, I will assign you a number, but it would be for the weekend after this one.
ONLY ONE BOOK PER PERSON!
Please no GL. The smut better have plot attached to it, if your story has smut. Otherwise, I can read anything. I will try dropping a review and hearts on each story and, if I find things I really don't like, I will PM the author, so they can consider my suggestions without people seeing them. I am bored and have 3 days off work (Weekend + St. George's day.). Therefore, I offer this thread as my way to give something to the wonderful SH community.
Done so far 24:

Last edited:

Hathnuz

Thanks in advance.

Fortunis

Our novel is in the signature, we appreciate the offer and hope you enjoy it.

doravg

I'd like another one-star review please 😇
Link is in my signature!
Spring time for Hitler, really? I hope my parents don't see me listening to such music. They would be so disappointed in me.

Thanks in advance.
I reviewed and would continue to read. Nice story.
Our novel is in the signature, we appreciate the offer and hope you enjoy it.
Done.

Last edited:

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Spring time for Hitler, really? I hope my parents don't see me listening to such music. They would be so disappointed in me.
It's part of a movie. You need to see the whole movie to get the joke 😇
Also, if you'd like to check out my fanfic too, that would be great!

doravg

It's part of a movie. You need to see the whole movie to get the joke 😇
Also, if you'd like to check out my fanfic too, that would be great!
Your fanfic is...too much for me. I am a bit of a prude, it seems. But I enjoyed the poems.

DanLane

I could always use more feedback on Dr. Z's Zombie Apocalypse. It's pulp sci-fi, action, bit of mystery, and zombies. Only five chapters on SH at the moment, but I'll probably be adding more in chunks until caught up with where I writing.

Edit: forgot to explain the vote. I tend to read books that cross genres. For example, isikei, fantasy, litRPG, gamelit, action, mystery, and intrigue. Main genre might end up being litRPG for some folks, others are drawn to the action, and so on. Sometimes I read more sci fi. Others, fantasy. Or psychology texts. Or alt history. Or light Novels.

Good stories, so long as they are at least *close* to what I'm in the mood for, they'll usually draw me in regardless. That's how I found litRPG- The Land: Founding was the first one I came across and it was just that good. If a situation should occur where there are specific books that come out that I want to read, which do I read first? That part is not decided by genre, but by the stories themselves.

Quality matters. I think JK Rowling brought more people to magic school YA fantasy that might now have read much (or any) in the genre before. Readers will put up with a lot of crap so long as the things they want out of the story keep coming.

Last edited:

Thorkell_40k

try this, i haven't posted any chapter this month but, will next month ^^

doravg

I could always use more feedback on Dr. Z's Zombie Apocalypse. It's pulp sci-fi, action, bit of mystery, and zombies. Only five chapters on SH at the moment, but I'll probably be adding more in chunks until caught up with where I writing.

Edit: forgot to explain the vote. I tend to read books that cross genres. For example, isikei, fantasy, litRPG, gamelit, action, mystery, and intrigue. Main genre might end up being litRPG for some folks, others are drawn to the action, and so on. Sometimes I read more sci fi. Others, fantasy. Or psychology texts. Or alt history. Or light Novels.

Good stories, so long as they are at least *close* to what I'm in the mood for, they'll usually draw me in regardless. That's how I found litRPG- The Land: Founding was the first one I came across and it was just that good. If a situation should occur where there are specific books that come out that I want to read, which do I read first? That part is not decided by genre, but by the stories themselves.

Quality matters. I think JK Rowling brought more people to magic school YA fantasy that might now have read much (or any) in the genre before. Readers will put up with a lot of crap so long as the things they want out of the story keep coming.
Done. You might want to add a cover. Just to attract more readers.

DanLane

Done. You might want to add a cover. Just to attract more readers.
Already submitted one, but it looks like it hasn't been approved yet. I just uploaded the story yesterday, I think. This is the one I'm using on RR.
cover1alpha.jpg

MareoKen

Thanks for doing this! I recently released 7 chapters of my first novel, Spirit Exorcists! Would really appreciate some feedback!

https://www.scribblehub.com/series/468057/spirit-exorcists/

Here's the synopsis:
When Mark's troubled friend, Ruby, takes her own life, a grieving Mark heads to her suicide spot to pay his respects. In a strange twist of fate, he is attacked by a powerful spirit that reveals itself to be Ruby. Shen, an exorcist from the Spiritual Anomalies Investigation Bureau, an organisation dedicated to investigating the supernatural, arrives on the scene and attempts to save Mark but complications result in Ruby's spirit binding with Mark. Now, under the guidance of the Spiritual Anomalies Investigation Bureau, Mark has to learn how to use the powers of Ruby's spirit to exorcise evil spirits while revisiting Ruby's troubled past in order to unbind Ruby's spirit and allow her to pass properly into the afterlife.

Thanks for doing this!

unknownking

your local shitposter
A wise man once told me: Never say no to an offer. Thanks in advance.
As for the question: about what is my story? I can't really answer it, since it was originally meant to be a slow-moving fantasy story from weak to strong, but peeps began calling it a troll/satire story so I cannot really answer that question.
my story

doravg

try this, i haven't posted any chapter this month but, will next month ^^

done

Alfir

The Inventor of Words
Sweet! I have relatively short chapters. It has magic, a statue, and a serious tone. It's in my signature, thanks.

doravg

Thanks for doing this! I recently released 7 chapters of my first novel, Spirit Exorcists! Would really appreciate some feedback!

https://www.scribblehub.com/series/468057/spirit-exorcists/

Here's the synopsis:
When Mark's troubled friend, Ruby, takes her own life, a grieving Mark heads to her suicide spot to pay his respects. In a strange twist of fate, he is attacked by a powerful spirit that reveals itself to be Ruby. Shen, an exorcist from the Spiritual Anomalies Investigation Bureau, an organisation dedicated to investigating the supernatural, arrives on the scene and attempts to save Mark but complications result in Ruby's spirit binding with Mark. Now, under the guidance of the Spiritual Anomalies Investigation Bureau, Mark has to learn how to use the powers of Ruby's spirit to exorcise evil spirits while revisiting Ruby's troubled past in order to unbind Ruby's spirit and allow her to pass properly into the afterlife.

Thanks for doing this!
Done. And your cover is just fine, too. (I noticed that you were asking about it on a different thread.)
A wise man once told me: Never say no to an offer. Thanks in advance.
As for the question: about what is my story? I can't really answer it, since it was originally meant to be a slow-moving fantasy story from weak to strong, but peeps began calling it a troll/satire story so I cannot really answer that question.
my story
I think I already reviewed this story on RR. It sounds familiar. They try to get out of the forest and Luz, the oldest brother, teleports them away. Seemingly at the cost of his own life, but, he doesn't end up dead. Right?
I'd be grateful to take you up on that offer, the novel is in my description!
done

Last edited:

patbateman123x

Hi! I'd like some feedback on my novel too .It's more character driven in school life . I've written only 10 chapters so far . My focus has been more on dialogue between characters since most novels I've read tend to lack substance in dialogue . I thought banter between characters would come off as more dynamic . He evens blurts out his inner monologues since he is that blunt . The point was so other characters could hear his life philosophies .The character backstory hasn't been revealed yet t for now i am slowly introducing new characters , then building them up , portraying the conflicts , then how the mc is going to step in and how that's going to affect him .Ultimately how those characters are going to affect the mc is still in the works . No smut . Adult jokes here there since that's how the mc is . He is a mixture of the good parts of some of my fav characters so any feed back would be appreciated . I also post the novel on webnovels.

Avitue

Here's my new story.

Would appreciate if you could also post the review on RR as well. I'm currently on Rising Stars there.