I Spat On The Eye of The God

Maple-Leaf

•Deceased

The very first meme on my search engine page. I'm assuming that means it's the most shared? IDk.

As far as solo-eveling meme's....this face is the most used one ever. It probably makes up 50-60% of all solo leveling memes.

I kinda like this one though since it add one-punchman into it.

Now for ONe-punchman

View attachment 4373

View attachment 4374View attachment 4375
View attachment 4376

I do admit the "Ok" one punch meme's are starting to get obnoxious but i like this one.

Also i don't know why the size for these were reduced. I couldn't get it to not do that. Hope you can still read them.
Well they're all okay, I guess, but I can laugh at a meme and still think it's total garbage. One Punch man ones are a little funnier though, but I think I just don't like memes made from stories very much.
Except this one:

Because it's from our very own Scribbly. Credit to @HansTrondheim of course.

Attachments

• spirit animal.png
    spirit animal.png
    557.1 KB · Views: 180

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
Well they're all okay, I guess, but I can laugh at a meme and still think it's total garbage. One Punch man ones are a little funnier though, but I think I just don't like memes made from stories very much.
Except this one:

Because it's from our very own Scribbly. Credit to @HansTrondheim of course.
Oh I was comparing the memes between the two stories and showing why I thought ONe-punch memes were better.

SailusGebel

I think I saw it as good because I didn't have any particular problems with the story (I have low standards like that.), and the art certainly helped. Or maybe good art went well with the bad story? Because I don't enjoy looking at paintings very much. Maybe I just have a preference for nice hot garbage seasoned with very tasty sauce.
I want to add, that right now it hard to find a manga\webtoon with really bad art. Except for those Chinese ones that get printed out in the same company and drawn in paint. In the end, drawing is laborious work. What will happen if you spend your time drawing? You will have less time to work on the plot. No matter how many staff members you have, and especially if you have a low amount of staff. What if it's a solo artist? He will spend his time trying to give a great wrapper, what will happen with the insides while he does that?

I'm not trying to make you hate the things you like. I just want to say that everything is a bit more complex in my opinion. And a single human can only do so much. If he gives his time and attention to something, some other things won't get it. And those things may be much more important, have better quality, whatever.

The bad quality in itself isn't a bad thing. It's bad when it gets accepted and made as a golden standard. And humanity is notorious for doing such things.

Maple-Leaf

•Deceased
I want to add, that right now it hard to find a manga\webtoon with really bad art. Except for those Chinese ones that get printed out in the same company and drawn in paint. In the end, drawing is laborious work. What will happen if you spend your time drawing? You will have less time to work on the plot. No matter how many staff members you have, and especially if you have a low amount of staff. What if it's a solo artist? He will spend his time trying to give a great wrapper, what will happen with the insides while he does that?

I'm not trying to make you hate the things you like. I just want to say that everything is a bit more complex in my opinion. And a single human can only do so much. If he gives his time and attention to something, some other things won't get it. And those things may be much more important, have better quality, whatever.

The bad quality in itself isn't a bad thing. It's bad when it gets accepted and made as a golden standard. And humanity is notorious for doing such things.
This is purely a question of opinion, but if you wanted a story and its level of quality to be that "golden standard" for korean webcomics, what would it be?

SailusGebel

This is purely a question of opinion, but if you wanted a story and its level of quality to be that "golden standard" for korean webcomics, what would it be?
If I understood your question correctly, you asked what webcomics are great in my opinion? Red Storm, Bastard, American Ghost Jack, The children's teacher Mr. Kwon, Wake up Deadman, Lookism, My Id is a Gangnam Beauty. I also have a personal preference Action Idols - Age of Young Dragons. In my opinion it has stunning art and character design, yet i can't say much about the story because it got either discnotinued or axed. I'm sure that i missed a lot of other great works because they ended or were disconinued. Also, if i messed up and named manhwa instead of a webcomic don't be too har on me.

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
If I understood your question correctly, you asked what webcomics are great in my opinion? Red Storm, Bastard, American Ghost Jack, The children's teacher Mr. Kwon, Wake up Deadman, Lookism, My Id is a Gangnam Beauty. I also have a personal preference Action Idols - Age of Young Dragons. In my opinion it has stunning art and character design, yet i can't say much about the story because it got either discnotinued or axed. I'm sure that i missed a lot of other great works because they ended or were disconinued. Also, if i messed up and named manhwa instead of a webcomic don't be too har on me.
I've been kind of interested in getting into Red Storm but have been hesitating.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
But then what defines good works?
Whatever I say is good is good work to me.

No, I'm serious, that's what defines a good work.

In a sense, if you truly want to gauge a story's quality, you can't. In the realm of human creation even the shittiest of manhwa can be some other average Joe's holy grail. That's the inherent problem in story critique, but also the best part of it. You can't simply put a story in number/10 and simply call it a definitive quality of the work. It's just simply opinion on the thing. And taking everybody's number/10 and making an average score out of it isn't a definitive score either; that's just the general consensus.

Stories aren't like maths where 2+2 will definitely be =4 in the end. It's always changing and shifting. Adding two pairs of two rocks will get your four rocks, just as having two pairs of shoes would net you four shoes. However, Grug's cave paintings million years ago would be lauded as literary genius back then, while My Immortal would probably be seen as a prophet too early for its time in the distant future. Since you can't accurately gauge a work's quality, all you really have is dictating it yourself, given that your reasoning is rational.

The problem, however, is that people conflate quality to success. Popularity and quality, though seen as a pair in most cases, should be seperated when gauging a story's merit. Yes, quality does contribute to popularity but most people do it vice versa, which isn't true for the most part. Reputation just means your stuff vibes with most people and align with the majority's opinion, but it doesn't signify a work's quality, because you can either agree or disagree with it.

All in all, you are the sole judge to a story's worth. All you can really do about other people's opinion is to experience their views from your side of the fence, and discuss it if you feel like it.