I Spat On The Eye of The God

Yorth

Swordman
I've done it. I've gone and done it! I spat on the eye of god. I touched the dragon's reverse scale. I dared criticize Solo Leveling.

Click if you want to see the shitfest.

Saileri

Your Friendly Neighborhood IT Guy
How could you. That's blasphemy. How can you have a different opinion than me. Burn the nonbeliever. All hail SL overlords.

SailusGebel

It may be only my problem, but I can't listen to the way you speak. And it's not about the accent. I'm sorry, I've got no intention to discourage or insult you, just wanted to say my opinion. However, it's an interesting theme for the video, even though I disagree with the fact that solo leveling is as popular as it's portrayed.

Maple-Leaf

•Deceased
I've done it. I've gone and done it! I spat on the eye of god. I touched the dragon's reverse scale. I dared criticize Solo Leveling.

Click if you want to see the shitfest.
I wasn't expecting a youtube link and I thought it was rick roll for a second so I hurriedly closed the tab before it could finish loading and I could technically claim it didn't work.

Also, rip to you my good sir all we can do now is hope the dirt suffocates you before the people's spit drowns you. (funny, I was just rereading Solo Leveling, I guess this is fate.)

Yorth

Swordman
It may be only my problem, but I can't listen to the way you speak. And it's not about the accent. I'm sorry, I've got no intention to discourage or insult you, just wanted to say my opinion. However, it's an interesting theme for the video, even though I disagree with the fact that solo leveling is as popular as it's portrayed.
That's fine. To each their own.

Maple-Leaf

•Deceased
I thought the video was well done :blob_cookie:
Glad it wasn't some stereotypical rant dismissing anyone who's ever liked it. As someone who enjoyed Solo Leveling I'm always insecure about liking it (Y'know caring about strangers opinions and all that bullshit, sue me.) because I know it's not really anything special. I can firmly state that your review did not make me feel the urge to go on a journey of self discovery to get myself some better taste.

Saileri

Your Friendly Neighborhood IT Guy
That was sarcasm btw. I even missed the question marks intentionally. But eh. Was a nice vid.

ConTroll

Eternal Wood
I mean, it does suffer from some issues, like many stories in the same genre...

But what's the deal with the click-bait title? Is it to rile up fans to get more views?

I feel like I'm being duped into watching a video when criticism could easily have been put into words. Especially when discussion is on the table.

Anyway, best of luck to your video essay. This stubborn mule (me) won't be watching it.

SailusGebel

That was sarcasm btw. I even missed the question marks intentionally. But eh. Was a nice vid.
? I think you replied to the wrong person. I've never mentioned your message and was talking about the video only.

Yorth

Swordman
I mean, it does suffer from some issues, like many stories in the same genre...

But what's the deal with the click-bait title? Is it to rile up fans to get more views?

I feel like I'm being duped into watching a video when criticism could easily have been put into words. Especially when discussion is on the table.

Anyway, best of luck to your video essay. This stubborn mule (me) won't be watching it.
Wait, what do you mean by clickbaity title? The video talks about what I found to be good and bad, so the title reflects the content pretty fairly. Now whether my criticism is fair or not is a whole discussion entirely.

Yorth

Swordman
I thought the video was well done :blob_cookie:
Glad it wasn't some stereotypical rant dismissing anyone who's ever liked it. As someone who enjoyed Solo Leveling I'm always insecure about liking it (Y'know caring about strangers opinions and all that bullshit, sue me.) because I know it's not really anything special. I can firmly state that your review did not make me feel the urge to go on a journey of self discovery to get myself some better taste.
That was the intention of the video actually. I made sure to start with the good and end with the good so that the discussion doesn't become personal.

Maple-Leaf

•Deceased
That was the intention of the video actually. I made sure to start with the good and end with the good so that the discussion doesn't become personal.
Well I'm glad it worked out then! Or at least in my opinion.

ConTroll

Eternal Wood
Wait, what do you mean by clickbaity title? The video talks about what I found to be good and bad, so the title reflects the content pretty fairly. Now whether my criticism is fair or not is a whole discussion entirely.

Maybe I'm blind, but that title seems pretty click-bait to me.

Now, I'm not putting you down for making a vid since that takes time and effort. However, the way this thread was presented was...well let's call it what it is: it was an advertisement.

A personal pet peeve of mine (and yes, I'm being a selfish asshat here) is having to run around gathering information on other sites, just for a discussion topic.

Probably asking too much, but maybe add a transcript here.

That's it for me. I'm probably making myself look like more of a unmoving dbag the more I write.

Yorth

Swordman

Maybe I'm blind, but that title seems pretty click-bait to me.

Now, I'm not putting you down for making a vid since that takes time and effort. However, the way this thread was presented was...well let's call it what it is: it was an advertisement.

A personal pet peeve of mine (and yes, I'm being a selfish asshat here) is having to run around gathering information on other sites, just for a discussion topic.

Probably asking too much, but maybe add a transcript here.

That's it for me. I'm probably making myself look like more of a unmoving dbag the more I write.
Ahhh, okay, I get it now. Yeah, the thread itself was a bit clickbaity, and it definitely is an advertisement. It's just that when you put a lot of effort into something (in this case 26 hours of researching, scripting, audio recording, and video editing), it feels really bad when it gets no attention. But it's fine that you don't want to watch it because the way it was presented here. It's just that I misunderstood which title you meant with clickbait. If it was the actual title of the video, I would have been very concerned.

If you want a link to the transcript, here is a gdoc

Yorth

Swordman
Yeah I kind of agree with you how this novel isnt actually that goo- Wait why do I boss music?
You entered the Kiln of the First Flame, you awakened the Soul of Cinder. Doomed are thee who steps in the holy land, may your soul drift for all eternity without respite.

SailusGebel

Ahhh, okay, I get it now. Yeah, the thread itself was a bit clickbaity, and it definitely is an advertisement. It's just that when you put a lot of effort into something (in this case 26 hours of researching, scripting, audio recording, and video editing), it feels really bad when it gets no attention. But it's fine that you don't want to watch it because the way it was presented here. It's just that I misunderstood which title you meant with clickbait. If it was the actual title of the video, I would have been very concerned.

Wait, there was an option to ask for a transcript?

ConTroll

Eternal Wood

Sweet, good on ya.