• First

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Second

Votes: 7 70.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alfir

The Inventor of Words
Any tips for writing a synopsis, the kind that can persuade your readers?
I don't think I am bad at it, but I feel...
That I am terribly lacking in the persuasive department.
In other words, I am dissatisfied with my synopsis-writing skills...

Help.

Edit: This is Hans.Trondheim's suggestion and I am having a hard time picking. Though they are the same, their atmosphere is a little bit different.

(1)
A delusion conjured from fantasies turned real!

Alfir's demented mind transmigrated to another world. A medieval one, different from what he was born in. However, questions remain. How true is this world? Can he dominate a world that even he, its author, is unsure of?

"A new world awaits me! Kekekeke... After writing this masterpiece, it is only right I experience it, right?"
This will be a blast!

Witness Alfir as he descends to lunacy in his quest for world domination in a novel he himself wrote...

Or...

(2)
A delusion conjured from fantasies turned real!

"A new world awaits me! Kekekeke... After writing this masterpiece, it is only right I experience it, right?"
This will be a blast!

Alfir's demented mind transmigrated to another world. A medieval one, different from what he was born in. However, questions remain. How true is this world? Can he dominate a world that even he, its author, is unsure of?

Witness Alfir as he descends to lunacy in his quest for world domination in a novel he himself wrote...

The latter felt Impactful while the former felt Solemn. This is just my opinion though.
This is my last call for help, I am finally reaching it...
The conclusion to my synopsis is nigh.

I made a poll, which will hopefully be answered, the options are first and second... It doesn't say much, but my thanks for your feedback... And also advanced thanks for your voting on the poll.

Vladarius

Tis but a scratch. Tis but a flesh wound.
You have to be simple, concise, and direct. When it comes to synopsis you have have 3 main things to consider. Writing the Overview, developing the Outline of said Overview, and lastly fill in the details.

You Overview must contain at least 4 important elements.
How your character gets involved in the story or plot.
The world of your story.
The shtick of your story, what makes it different.
Lastly, the main thing that drives your story forward, what happens in the story that makes it go forward even if the protagonist isn't always proactive.

If you can write a paragraph with less than a 100 or 50 words and combine every one of the 4 aspects, then you can start developing the outline.

The outline usually corresponds of 3 paragraphs.
First is the introduction of your Protagonist, the world and the conflict within the world.
Second paragraph you should introduce the antagonist and how the hero gets into the conflict within the world.
Last paragraph should be hints on how the major conflicts and plot points get resolved.

Alfir

The Inventor of Words
Both are okay. I don't see why you are so worked up about it
Because they have different moods, the former is solemn, while the latter is direct.

The order is literally changing the message of the synopsis, that's why I am so worked up with this.