I want heartwarming stories or movies

WasatchWind

Writer, musician, creator of worlds
give me heartwarming things (movies,comics,books,) anything heartwarming.
In terms of books, Mistborn. It follows a street thief named Vin, living in the shadow of an empire that's lived a thousand years, in a land with a red sun, where ash falls from the sky.

A dreary setting, but the trilogy is one of the most impactful and emotional I've ever read. I put it on the level of Lord of the Rings, and it may become a film in the coming years.

In terms of films, a more light hearted story is October Sky, based on the real experiences of a boy named Homer Hickam, who's trapped in his hometown of Coalwood West Virginia. All he can expect in life is to become a coal miner.

On an October night in 1957 however, Homer sees the satellite Sputnik in the sky, and becomes gripped with a dream of building rockets.

It's a really emotional real life story, and is one of my all time favorite movies.

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
In terms of books, Mistborn. It follows a street thief named Vin, living in the shadow of an empire that's lived a thousand years, in a land with a red sun, where ash falls from the sky.

A dreary setting, but the trilogy is one of the most impactful and emotional I've ever read. I put it on the level of Lord of the Rings, and it may become a film in the coming years.

In terms of films, a more light hearted story is October Sky, based on the real experiences of a boy named Homer Hickam, who's trapped in his hometown of Coalwood West Virginia. All he can expect in life is to become a coal miner.

On an October night in 1957 however, Homer sees the satellite Sputnik in the sky, and becomes gripped with a dream of building rockets.

It's a really emotional real life story, and is one of my all time favorite movies.
Heartwarming.... hmmmm..... what could it be....? Oh, yeah... seeing something that you painstakingly raised growing into something *sparkle* beautiful *sparkle*.

Not a child.

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.

Whenever I hear "Homer", I think "Simpson".

COLOC_Kid

morphing-state
Yes, but that is his name.

Mistborn I really recommend though. Good sized fantasy novel, has a number of releases in audiobook, ebook, hardback, and paperback. Should be available in most countries.
seems good.

WasatchWind

seems good.
The heart of the story is the themes, of how Vin has lived her whole life as a street thief, trying to avoid getting close to anyone, scared of everything, and how she grows above that.

But in addition to that, is I think the most interesting magic that has ever appeared in fantasy.

Allomancy is a simple art - swallow flakes of a specific metal, and it gives you specific powers. Steel allows you to push objects lighter than you, but pushes you away from objects heavier. Iron pulls you towards or pulls things to you.

Other metals allow heightening or dampening of certain emotions.

It is an elegant, almost scientific system, and it makes for some really interesting events in the story.

COLOC_Kid

morphing-state
The heart of the story is the themes, of how Vin has lived her whole life as a street thief, trying to avoid getting close to anyone, scared of everything, and how she grows above that.

But in addition to that, is I think the most interesting magic that has ever appeared in fantasy.

Allomancy is a simple art - swallow flakes of a specific metal, and it gives you specific powers. Steel allows you to push objects lighter than you, but pushes you away from objects heavier. Iron pulls you towards or pulls things to you.

Other metals allow heightening or dampening of certain emotions.

It is an elegant, almost scientific system, and it makes for some really interesting events in the story.
it must really be a good novel. these days I read novels hoping for the main character to evolve(emotionally) in some way but usually they become static the only thing that changes is the environment around them.

WasatchWind

it must really be a good novel. these days I read novels hoping for the main character to evolve(emotionally) in some way but usually they become static the only thing that changes is the environment around them.
Oh don't worry - if there is something that I value above all else in Brandon Sanderson's writing ability, it is that he writes characters that feel real, and that grow.

He makes every character feel like a protagonist. By the end of the Mistborn trilogy, I found myself in serious deep thought about the nature of existence. It was incredible.

skillet

a frying pan
Don't know if you're okay with like published books too, but I remember reading "The Boy on the Porch" by Sharon Creech and that was really heartwarming. But then again it's Sharon Creech, so of course it is.

Online oneshots that were heartwarming (to me) would be The Cat and the Dragon, There Is an Angel in That Church, Wishing Happiness unto an Idiot Sister, It’s Because You Said There Would Be Candy!! -- though they're pretty well known haha

Street Crossing Manga and The Girl Who Could See Emotions and The Boy Who Could Stop Time and the Girl Sitting Next to Him are all short/oneshot mangas that could be called heartwarming as well. (psst, the last one on this list is my absolute favorite XD lol)

Pretty well known but Barakamon is THE heartwarming anime for me. Which reminds me, the manga Hyakunichikan has similar vibes, still heartwarming-y and found family feels (?). Uhhhh doubt you'll need this recommendation because it's uber popular but if you haven't, Karakai Jouzu no (Moto) Takagi-san is heartwarming too. Hahaha.

thanks for letting me procrastinate Hope this helps. :D

Generik0

If your up for Mangas/Animes I can offer...

Ore Monogatari

Tamen De Gushi

Boku No Kokoro Yabai Yatsu

The Wind Rises

Sket Dance?

Jitsu Wa Watashi

Will You Marry Me Again If You Are Reborn

Josee The Tiger And The Fish

Penguin Highway

D

Deleted member 29316

Tried watching Joyeux Noel? No romance, but I think it's one of the best.

Businesssn

Brick-San the god of wholesome hentai
What genre, novel, fiction, hentai, manga, manwha