I want to know if these rules are plausible

MasterHiatus

I am back
So summary, I plan my mc to have a gift called 'Dimension Holder'. For JoJo fans, it has the similar effects as D4C but I edited it. My mc can overwrite or control any dimensions.

I want to ask if these rules are plausible and doesn't give mc the too OP ability.

1.) The user can summon the similar item from another dimension. However, once the item from the dimension A got into contact to the item from dimension B, it will cause an electrical discharge. This rule also applies to living beings. However, the mc is exempted from this rule. He can summon clones from other dimensions with no risks of dying.
3.) Overwriting a law from dimension A or any dimension is not allowed. However, user can overwrite the law of the dimension if only used to a fixed spot.
4.) The user can make all/chosen dimensions exist simultaneously. Even if the user cancels this, the effects will still remain.
[Dimension A is where the mc lives while Dimension B is one of the dimensions he can manipulate]

If you want, you may recommend more rules.

MasterHiatus

I am back
Isn't this basically D4C-Love Train got married with The World Over Heaven?
Damn it, I can't stop laughing... But actually, I was thinking of more uses other than those.
But damn, that does make a lot of sense

Alienix

Damn it, I can't stop laughing... But actually, I was thinking of more uses other than those.
But damn, that does make a lot of sense
btw by adding rules, do you want this ability to get less OP? You can just add limitation, usage condition, or sacrifice to use this ability.

Limitation for example this ability can be used at a certain time

Usage condition for example this ability can only be activated if the user holds a certain item (Like valentine has to fuse with the holy corpse to use Love Train effect)

Sacrifice for example this ability can only be activated if the user sacrificed blood stone or something

well as how you do it, you do you. I don't know how your world-building works after all

MasterHiatus

I am back
:blob_evil_two: ... I don't understand the rules.
Rule one means that if the object from dimension a comes in contact with dimension b item, it will explode. This rule also applies to living beings
Rule 2 means that he can't overwrite the law of the whole dimension but only overwrite it in a specific place.
Rule 3 is the most confusing one.
For example in dimension a, he shot the enemy in the head, in dimension b, he shot him in the abdomen, and in dimension c, he shot him in the knee. He can make it all happen once he made all those dimensions exist simultaneously making the enemy shot at three separate parts. Even if he cancels the existence of these dimensions, the effect stays

MasterHiatus

I am back
btw by adding rules, do you want this ability to get less OP? You can just add limitation, usage condition, or sacrifice tp use this ability.

Limitation for example this ability can be used at a certain time

Usage condition for example this ability can only be activated if the user holds a certain item (Like valentine has to fuse with the holy corpse to use Love Train effect)

Sacrifice for example this ability can only be activated if the user sacrificed blood stone or something

well as how you do it, you do you. I don't know how your world-building works after all
Ohhhh, that's nice!

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
Rule one means that if the object from dimension a comes in contact with dimension b item, it will explode. This rule also applies to living beings
Rule 2 means that he can't overwrite the law of the whole dimension but only overwrite it in a specific place.
Rule 3 is the most confusing one.
For example in dimension a, he shot the enemy in the head, in dimension b, he shot him in the abdomen, and in dimension c, he shot him in the knee. He can make it all happen once he made all those dimensions exist simultaneously making the enemy shot at three separate parts. Even if he cancels the existence of these dimensions, the effect stays

Are we talking her about proper dimensions, or mere potentialities within our own continuum? :blob_evil_two:

MasterHiatus

I am back
Are we talking her about proper dimensions, or mere potentialities within our own continuum? :blob_evil_two:
the second one. They're copies of the dimension a but it doesn't mean that whatever happens to dimension a will happen to dimension b
or the other dimesnsions

Assurbanipal_II

the second one. They're copies of the dimension a but it doesn't mean that whatever happens to dimension a will happen to dimension b
or the other dimesnsions

Good, so we have no multiverse ability. :blob_evil_two:

But in that case, the rules seem contradictory among each other. You say he can't overwrite any laws, but the most fundamental law of our deterministic universe on a macroscopic scale is its deterministic character. Contradictory states can't coexist. You can't be and not be simultaneously.

Dimension A would automatically reject the existence of dimension B unless he operates beyond the laws of causality.

MasterHiatus

I am back
Good, so we have no multiverse ability. :blob_evil_two:

But in that case, the rules seem contradictory among each other. You say he can't overwrite any laws, but the most fundamental law of our deterministic universe on a macroscopic scale is its deterministic character. Contradictory states can't coexist. You can't be and not be simultaneously.

Dimension A would automatically reject the existence of dimension B unless he operates beyond the laws of causality.
True, I am currently fixing that conflict.

MasterHiatus

I am back
To be honest, just make it a local time manipulation ability with a limited mana pool and limited options. He can only change time for a certain period.
Time manipulation ability? Isn't that rewinding and fast forwarding with attitude?

Assurbanipal_II

So you want me to say he just controls the dimension of time. Isn't that the same as rewinding and fast-forwarding, but with fashion?

Yes, more or less. :blob_melt: He can control the state of objects though time.

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
Yes, more or less. :blob_melt: He can control the state of objects though time.
There's a game that does that; it makes it possible to make your enemies reverse back into babies and never have ever existed in the first place.
On the other hand, you can rapidly age them to the point they turn to dust.
Another one was use both abilities at once - I think - and make the enemy kind of turn inside out and become this weird monster-looking thing.
'-'

I can't remember the name of the game, since I've never played it, but I've seen list videos that feature the game.

X

Assurbanipal_II

There's a game that does that; it makes it possible to make your enemies reverse back into babies and never have ever existed in the first place.
On the other hand, you can rapidly age them to the point they turn to dust.
Another one was use both abilities at once - I think - and make the enemy kind of turn inside out and become this weird monster-looking thing.
'-'

I can't remember the name of the game, since I've never played it, but I've seen list videos that feature the game.

X

:blob_melt: A bit op maybe.