I was kicked out of my clan. TT__TT

minionlover

I've been playing Clash Royale as long as I can remember.

It's one of those mobile games that I legitimately enjoy, I still remember when my friends were still active, we used to 2v2 the fuck out of each other and spam the arena with golems and skeletons using clone, mirror, rage, and the elixir pump.

We kinda lost touch when the game lost it's peak and started to stagnant, but it's whatever.

What does matter is that I've been kicked out my clan which I've been apart of for THREE YEARS. I don't know what to say, but I'm PISSED.

I've donated the most cards and participated in every clan war, but the moment I leave for three days, some kid named Kyle went on a full on power trip and kicked me out the clan!

Like, what the fuck.

WHO DOES THAT?!

I didn't even miss clan wars or anything, we were in training mode when I went offline!

Fuck you, Kyle. (Not his real name btw)

vaurwyn

Everyone dies someday, but I'm procrastinating
Obviously the only next logical course of action is to create a new clan, use it to crush your old clan, before conquering the entire game as a whole. Then, using the army of loyal gamer you have amassed, do a coup in reality, and rule the world. From there you can track down this mysterious Kyle, and force him to disband his precious clan. Then do a bit of murdering to show there is no forgiveness in your new regime, and enjoy your time as supreme leader.
Alternatively you could perhaps reach out to others in the clan and try to have this obviously unfair situation sorted out?

minionlover

Can't you just go back in?
Can't, Clash Royale doesn't let you rejoin clans you've been kicked out of.
Obviously the only next logical course of action is to create a new clan, use it to crush your old clan, before conquering the entire game as a whole. Then, using the army of loyal gamer you have amassed, do a coup in reality, and rule the world. From there you can track down this mysterious Kyle, and force him to disband his precious clan. Then do a bit of murdering to show there is no forgiveness in your new regime, and enjoy your time as supreme leader.
Alternatively you could perhaps reach out to others in the clan and try to have this obviously unfair situation sorted out?
Also can't do that either, the chat is basically dead except for a few friendly reminders to participate in clan wars. The Leader and Co-leaders are basically gods who don't give a rat's ass if I've been kicked out.

vaurwyn

Also can't do that either, the chat is basically dead except for a few friendly reminders to participate in clan wars. The Leader and Co-leaders are basically gods who don't give a rat's ass if I've been kicked out.
This probably isn't super helpful, but the clan you are describing doesn't sound fun to be in. I get that it is hurtfull to be kicked out of an organisation you spend time building up, but try to convince yourself that this is for the best, and use that opportunity to change clan/game to something more alive and fun.

minionlover

This probably isn't super helpful, but the clan you are describing doesn't sound fun to be in. I get that it is hurtfull to be kicked out of an organisation you spend time building up, but try to convince yourself that this is for the best, and use that opportunity to change clan/game to something more alive and fun.
You're right it isn't fun, I'm annoyed that my favorite game is dying, I barely know anyone that plays anymore. Being kicked out just fueled my frustration, I might delete the game, but I don't want to lose my progress. :(

vaurwyn

You're right it isn't fun, I'm annoyed that my favorite game is dying, I barely know anyone that plays anymore. Being kicked out just fueled my frustration, I might delete the game, but I don't want to lose my progress. :(
When I am hurt I always try to rationalize, and be as objective as possible.
Don't act on impulse, think about what is best for you.
At this point in time, what is this game to you? Does playing it feel like a chore that you feel needs to be done but does not bring you any joy, or is it truly a game you love, that brings you happiness every time you play?
Will you miss it f you delete it? will you look back and think "I wish I hadn't stopped", or will you just feel that playing it was a fun memory and nothing more?
joy is something that can be roughly measured. You know how happy playing that game makes you feel, and you know what doing other things (like other games, reading, or any other activity) brings you. Is that game still a worthy investment of your time? Can it stand up to your other sources of entertainment, or are you just sticking to it because of a sense of duty "I don't want to lose my progress", even though progress that does not bring joy has no value?

minionlover

When I am hurt I always try to rationalize, and be as objective as possible.
Don't act on impulse, think about what is best for you.
At this point in time, what is this game to you? Does playing it feel like a chore that you feel needs to be done but does not bring you any joy, or is it truly a game you love, that brings you happiness every time you play?
Will you miss it f you delete it? will you look back and think "I wish I hadn't stopped", or will you just feel that playing it was a fun memory and nothing more?
joy is something that can be roughly measured. You know how happy playing that game makes you feel, and you know what doing other things (like other games, reading, or any other activity) brings you. Is that game still a worthy investment of your time? Can it stand up to your other sources of entertainment, or are you just sticking to it because of a sense of duty "I don't want to lose my progress", even though progress that does not bring joy has no value?
It gives me no joy, I only ever play it for the memories. I feel nothing when I miss out on an important game event or drop down in trophies, my only attachment to the game is when I played with my friends, and that's it. My progress is the result of competing with my friends, and if I delete the game, I feel as though I'm cutting off the last of their remnants.

I think it's probably best if I just leave it be, keep it on my home screen, yet never touch it.

Jailbreak571

Former CEO of Kamazon. Active lurker
It gives me no joy, I only ever play it for the memories. I feel nothing when I miss out on an important game event or drop down in trophies, my only attachment to the game is when I played with my friends, and that's it. My progress is the result of competing with my friends, and if I delete the game, I feel as though I'm cutting off the last of their remnants.

I think it's probably best if I just leave it be, keep it on my home screen, yet never touch it.
That's sad. Makes me remember my account on coc where I just leaved it as it is.

D

Deleted member 54065

Come to Warframe. 9 years in, and I only knew my own clan mates, which is only less than 10 people.

Only our leader is logging in consistently, though we got members going online from time to time.

And we're filthy casuals.

IDKWtWrite-San

Projecting 'Unreliable Narrator' Tag

wew. That's new. My apologies for that. Last time, I can still join some that I was kicked out of. New update seems to prevent rejoining?

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
Sunk cost fallacy.
Move on.

Nothing personal, but nothing you put into that game matters. It will die and everything you put in will vanish. If not now, then later.

Write more. Get a job and make money. Work on skills that serve a purpose outside of an illusion of life. Any book you write here you can copy on a few other sites and with bots that copy shit, your story will last forever on the internet.

Or you can invest more time and money into something that will vanish and nobody will ever know.