Idea Discussion

doravg

103/4001 (too lazy to count the stories again.)
World where leveling up is a thing.
People of the world have gamed the system, so aristocrats control the best areas for leveling up and gaining treasures, leaving the poorer places for the regular citizens, and the poorest for non-citizens.
Wars are fought over dungeons to control the resources.
The most successful countries have families that are insanely high level, and they control everything with an iron fist. If a challenger gets high enough to challenge them, they can call out a small army of top level fighters, spies, assassins, mages, etc, who all have the same goal.
I think The Dungeon of Seasons already did the wars fought over dungeons part. I read it back during my RR days. Good book, but it got smutty at chapter 50.

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
For this thread I want authors to be able to post ideas that they haven't turned into books yet (or are just beginning) and talk to other writers about improvements or general questions about the plot. I will try my best to respond to a majority of posts in this discussion and give advice as both a reader and writer
Hyperborea being discovered

MediocreBob

Well, if I were to flesh it out more...

In the other world, the Gods and Evil Gods would hold a contest every century or so to see who gets to rule over the world for that hundred year period. Both sides get an avatar representing them whom they can summon from another world(Earth), AKA the Hero and the Demon Lord respectively. And now that another hundred years had passed in that other world, another contest will be held.

The Gods, seated by the round table, chose a this one guy to be their Hero because he already has incredible stats and sent truck-kun to kill him, since he needs to be dead in order for them to send his soul to their world. But much to their surprise, he avoided truck-kun with ease because he obeyed traffic laws. So they try other things to kill him, but still fail each attempt.

Then eventually, the Evil Gods also chose that one guy to be their Demon Lord for the same reason and sent their own truck-kun, which failed to kill him.

And so the cycle continues with gods on both sides trying to kill this one dude and failing each time because as mentioned, he already has incredible stats before even reincarnating into another world.

That's my idea on the premise. Basically, a comedy story revolving around the Isekai Gods trying to kill this one dude who has no clue about their affairs.
That sounds like a real funny comedy , I would love to read it

Domoviye

I think The Dungeon of Seasons already did the wars fought over dungeons part. I read it back during my RR days. Good book, but it got smutty at chapter 50.
Thanks I'll give it a look. At least the first part.

MediocreBob

I have an idea of my own if anyone is willing to give advice. The story is a mid western + magic mix where magic is almost undeveloped and the only way the can harness it as a weapon is to infuse it into material causing a new mid west where gunslingers have much more creativity in their ammo. The magic will not be limited to one type, every character can use every type of magic (the classic fire , wind , water , earth , light and dark combo) but what changes is how they use their magic with their weapon. One person uses a shotgun with wind as a way to blast himself to high locations while cannons on ships shoot earth to weigh down enemies. Late on in the series I would slowly introduce the idea of combining elements (ie fire and water to make steam and light and firework can make a flashbang) each new antagonist would have their specialties in elements and guns causing unique variations as a sniper with water bullets make a clear shot path for adjustments and light bullets to mark his target. (in the series light and dark will be very simple. Light makes a light and dark makes it darker, no fancy op stuff here.) The mc will be an outlaw wanting to become the most famous outlaw in the world and decides the easiest way to do this would be to eliminate competition, he got this idea from his best friend which he grew up with but due to differing dreams the best friend becomes a sheriff for their small community with the goal of becoming the most famous sheriff in the world by arresting or defeating every major outlaw. The two take on a small group of bandits in their hometown before the mc leaves town to achieve his dream and would call his best friend every time something big happens in where the best friend would give advice. If you have any suggestions let me know and I do want to see this story but I am busy making one right now so it is just a thought

Tblew

I have an idea of my own if anyone is willing to give advice. The story is a mid western + magic mix where magic is almost undeveloped and the only way the can harness it as a weapon is to infuse it into material causing a new mid west where gunslingers have much more creativity in their ammo. The magic will not be limited to one type, every character can use every type of magic (the classic fire , wind , water , earth , light and dark combo) but what changes is how they use their magic with their weapon. One person uses a shotgun with wind as a way to blast himself to high locations while cannons on ships shoot earth to weigh down enemies. Late on in the series I would slowly introduce the idea of combining elements (ie fire and water to make steam and light and firework can make a flashbang) each new antagonist would have their specialties in elements and guns causing unique variations as a sniper with water bullets make a clear shot path for adjustments and light bullets to mark his target. (in the series light and dark will be very simple. Light makes a light and dark makes it darker, no fancy op stuff here.) The mc will be an outlaw wanting to become the most famous outlaw in the world and decides the easiest way to do this would be to eliminate competition, he got this idea from his best friend which he grew up with but due to differing dreams the best friend becomes a sheriff for their small community with the goal of becoming the most famous sheriff in the world by arresting or defeating every major outlaw. The two take on a small group of bandits in their hometown before the mc leaves town to achieve his dream and would call his best friend every time something big happens in where the best friend would give advice. If you have any suggestions let me know and I do want to see this story but I am busy making one right now so it is just a thought
Reminds me of RWBY.

The character motivations are very weak and airy.

A sheriff is just a sheriff. There is no sheriff that would ever be "The most famous in the world." Maybe make that character goal to be a mayor or president. An Outlaw can certainly be the most famous in the world, but the dream seems rather childish and immature. After all, an outlaw isn't just a robin hood. They need to actually break the law in order to become one. What is your character willing to do to truly snatch up the title of the "Most Famous Outlaw" of the world? How far are they willing to climb? Will they push through even if it challenges their morals?

I think the idea needs more weight and stakes.

minionlover

A story where a man kills the hero and sacrifices their head to a Death God I'm exchange for turning back time over thirty years in the past to save his family.

However, he's tricked by the Death God and only regresses twenty nine years into the past. Meaning his family is still dead and he needs to restart his journey, he purchases a slave (who would in the future become the hero's rival) and raises him/her to become a pawn in killing the hero and once again returning back to the past.