Idea for a web novel

Enchant

Guys I have an idea for a web novel but I don't know if it's good, my idea is the protagonist will be reincarnated in another world but the world he transferred have sword and magic but it doesn't have monster so that world is full of war.

But then the protagonist is born with the ability to make monster and copy the skill of the monster he created and he can also transfer it to another person.

He then set in adventure becoming this world first demon lord creating havoc and chaos and he even created the hero that will stop him.

His main goal is to reunite the whole world by become the demon lord and actually having fun while doing it.

So what do you think about this story.

Jemini

My mantra when it comes to anyone asking "is it good?" is always that there IS no such thing as good or bad when it comes to a premise. It is all about implementation.

However, there's a second piece to that mantra. "If you have to ask whether or not the idea is good, the answer is always 'no.'"

If you have to ask, I can almost 100% assure you that you do not have the skills to pull it off effectively. Once you gain some skill as an author, you will begin to develop an intuition for whether or not you have the skills to make a certain premise work, and what kind of work would be needed to make that premise work. (For example, I know that I could absolutely make the 1st paragraph of your premise work if I were to cut out all the monster creation, skill creation, growth cheats, and demon lord stuff. However, it would be a serious pain as I would have to do some major world-building and create a complex multi-political structure for the world.)

All that said, there is only one way to get the skills to do it right. That is to just write stuff and gain experience through repetition and exposure. So, even though I can assure you this idea is probably not going to do very well, I would encourage you to write it anyway. The experience you will get from doing so will be valuable for your future as a writer when you eventually have an idea you can implement better.

Last edited:

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
Guys I have an idea for a web novel but I don't know if it's good, my idea is the protagonist will be reincarnated in another world but the world he transferred have sword and magic but it doesn't have monster so that world is full of war.

But then the protagonist is born with the ability to make monster and copy the skill of the monster he created and he can also transfer it to another person.

He then set in adventure becoming this world first demon lord creating havoc and chaos and he even created the hero that will stop him.

His main goal is to reunite the whole world by become the demon lord and actually having fun while doing it.

So what do you think about this story.
... so your MC is like the MC of Summoned Slaughterer? What the hell he means by "reuniting the world by becoming the demon lord"? Is he from Celestial Being and having a hard on of god complex?

Give him a proper reason. Don't halfass and say "he wants to have fun". I can't root for a guy who is having OP powers and aims to dick around, is he like the Executed Mage and thinks that humanity is a POS and requires a threat as its leash? Is he a victim of the unfair system? Does the war between humanity affects him that much that he needs to be the boogyman?

The idea is a fun one, but your execution is all over the place.

You can be like Araki and make the powers, then the person. But always justify the reason to do so, if not it is bound to go off course.

Make your MC OP but give him challenges to handle:
1. Maybe his monsters are uncontrollable.
2. Maybe the cult he creates (lets not lie) is uncontrollable.
3. Maybe its Maybelline.

Last edited:

Lloyd

Professional Writer
Globalist Isekai? Hell no! I will never let gobalist dogs take over OUR genre of light novel. Isekai is all based on classical Japanese-supremacy ideology, and to replace these fundamental tenants with globalism is the equivalent to scooping out the very soul of isekai.

GodlessEmperor

Emperor of trash writing
Globalist Isekai? Hell no! I will never let gobalist dogs take over OUR genre of light novel. Isekai is all based on classical Japanese-supremacy ideology, and to replace these fundamental tenants with globalism is the equivalent to scooping out the very soul of isekai.
Yeah! Imagine if he made the isekai demon lord build a united kingdom lmao haha Kingdom building isekai is pretty cringe! amiright? Not on our watch!

Edit: unless he makes it a beta highschool kid, that fixes everything.
Edit2 : this was obviously sarcasm btw

Last edited:

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
Yeah! Imagine if he made the isekai demon lord build a united kingdom lmao haha Kingdom building isekai is pretty cringe! amiright? Not on our watch!

Edit: unless he makes it a beta highschool kid, that fixes everything.
Most definitely it is my age, but if the MC is a chuuni beta, I want an anti-material rifle to scatter his brain matter across the room.
Or it can be the typical CN novel, as long as it is a power fantasy, I can see BS like MC uniting the world under one banner "peacefully" with his giant fist and asian dick.

Isn't the soul of isekai being women fawning over you fot no apparent reason and harem being not sticking your dick into them and instead collecting girls like trading cards?

Zirrboy

Fueled by anger
Then it's about time you introduce traditional japanese cooking to your novel

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Write what you want to read, and someone else will also love it!

Lloyd

Professional Writer
Then it's about time you introduce traditional japanese cooking to your novel
Soon Joshua will be growing rice, wearing a kimono, and using a Samuri sword.